Soccer

bbsam

Staff member
Gotta feel terrible for the England women's team. Own goal in the last moments of a 1 1 tie?! Crazy! And although Japan had every right to celebrate, something about it felt almost mean and over the top considering the circumstances. If the US beats Japan for the Cup, I'm going to smile just a little bit broader.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Gotta feel terrible for the England women's team. Own goal in the last moments of a 1 1 tie?! Crazy! And although Japan had every right to celebrate, something about it felt almost mean and over the top considering the circumstances. If the US beats Japan for the Cup, I'm going to smile just a little bit broader.
Good thing she wasn't from Central America
Bad things happened after an own goal in the men's World Cup

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Good thing she wasn't from Central America
Bad things happened after an own goal in the men's World Cup

That's because those people take soccer WAY too seriously. I saw I first hand a few weeks ago when my daughter's team played a team of girl's of Central American ethnicity. The parents wanted to fight. Refs had to stop the game til they got off the sidelines.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If women's soccer had the same money involved as mens, she wouldn't be safe.
image.jpg

It's soccer

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My daughter played hockey growing up and did the same thing during a tournament game. Thankfully they were up by 3 goals at the time. It was a very long ride home.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, what a hillbilly you are. Soccer, what the world calls football is only THE most popular sport going...and it's not even close. But it's loved by young and old, rich and poor, all ethnicities on every continent.

As for who cares? Probably the young lady's family and friends to begin with. Do you think a Latin American male player was killed for an own goal by a local hoodlum? At that level, with all the betting that goes on, a very rich person or people lost a.lot of money. The rich and powerful like to stay that way all over the world and if a lone soccer player has to die to send that message, they will certainly oblige. Soccer is only slightly cleaner than politics.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh, what a hillbilly you are. Soccer, what the world calls football is only THE most popular sport going...and it's not even close. But it's loved by young and old, rich and poor, all ethnicities on every continent.

As for who cares? Probably the young lady's family and friends to begin with. Do you think a Latin American male player was killed for an own goal by a local hoodlum? At that level, with all the betting that goes on, a very rich person or people lost a.lot of money. The rich and powerful like to stay that way all over the world and if a lone soccer player has to die to send that message, they will certainly oblige. Soccer is only slightly cleaner than politics.
Yeah it was a joke. Thanks though.

bbsam

Staff member
As much as I like Wambach, they have better players and I hope the come out playing the aggressive style they played against Germany. If they do that, I don't think Japan has much of a chance.