Socks and Trucks!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Millions of dollars on "big brother technology", few dollars on safety. Some of you act like management or some of our sell out Union negotiators.

If the company is in compliance with Federal Law....

They can spend their money, as they see fit.

You need to "grasp the concept" that companies are not charitable organizations.

I'm no sell out. I just don't want to bankrupt the company I work for. It is my bread and butter.

Exactly.

Maybe, the irishboy collins would rather be working at YRC.

Tell me how that works out.

-Bug-

You need to "grasp the concept" that companies are not charitable organizations.

Exactly.

-Bug-
You know most Irish people were affected by inbreeding?

Irishman Collins

I agree that it would be an expensive venture for UPS to retrofit all the latest safety technology. Going back to my original point. If our Union had their brothers and sisters protection and safely in mind. Safe trucks should have been negotiated many contracts ago and it certainly shouldn't have taken this long to negotiate the current weak language on safe trucks.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's where collective bargaining comes in.
We get to help them "decide" how to spend their money.
You need to grasp that concept.
Exactly.
Are you saying that the Teamsters "over-negotiated" contracts that were responsible for the financial woes at YRC?

~Bbbl~

Irishman Collins

What do you think the chances are that you could grasp that our Union can put forth Safer language than federal law. For instance, our language on Union representation is stronger than federal guidlines. It scares me that you may be an actual "Big Union Guy". Your line of thinking is the reason we need change at the highest levels.

Inthegame

What do you think the chances are that you could grasp that our Union can put forth Safer language than federal law. For instance, our language on Union representation is stronger than federal guidlines. It scares me that you may be an actual "Big Union Guy". Your line of thinking is the reason we need change at the highest levels.
BUG isn't having trouble grasping anything as putting forth "Safer" language isn't the issue. You want dollars spent to improve equipment. What do you think are the chances the membership would forego a pay raise for additional safety features in trucks?
It's all about how you slice the pie.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That's where collective bargaining comes in.
We get to help them "decide" how to spend their money.

To a certain degree ?

Sure.

Just don't forget the "operative term".... Bargaining.

Everyone gets something. That's the purpose. :biggrin:

Are you saying that the Teamsters "over-negotiated" contracts that were responsible for the financial woes at YRC?

Nope.

Just saying.... things could be worse.

-Bug-

Irishman Collins

To a certain degree ?

Sure.

Just don't forget the "operative term".... Bargaining.

Everyone gets something. That's the purpose. :biggrin:

Nope.

Just saying.... things could be worse.

-Bug-
Things can always be worse. The membership is looking for things to get better, and when a negotiating committee negotiates a concessinary contract when UPS was recoding record profits is inexcusable. Although I guess....it could of been worse?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The membership is looking for things to get better

There have been improvements in every contract, and each one is better than the last.

Better wages, increased contributions to Health & Welfare, Pensions, plus....

Stronger language to enforce the contract.

It says a lot about the state of mind (of some members) who complain about TeamCare.

Gee, can't run to the emergency room for every little thing.

And really, having to work 1 day a week for your benefits to be paid ? Wow.

TeamCare has been good enough, for how many other fellow Teamsters ? For how long ?

Funny, most of them have to work 3 days a week for their benefits to be paid.

And speaking of pensions....

Are you aware, of how many different benefit levels there are in Central States ?

Not every company negotiated in to the fund can afford the top tier.

when a negotiating committee negotiates a concessinary contract when UPS was recording record profits is inexcusable.

There's that UPS "entitlement" attitude again.

No wonder.... members in freight think UPS people are a bunch of babies, and have

absolutely no respect for them. Including people running with FZ.

Didn't know that one.... did ya ?

-Bug-

*Rant off* :biggrin:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There have been improvements in every contract, and each one is better than the last. Better wages, increased contributions to Health & Welfare, Pensions,

Why wouldn't there be, when negotiating with a company at the very top of their game, recording record profits?

...while the same whores continue to "split the baby".

Had a "friend" in the Central Region, who did everything right when he brought back stops on an over-dispatched 8 hr request, chose to fight his discharge to the JAC, only to be returned to work with only half of his back pay.
SMH.

It says a lot about the state of mind (of some members) who complain about TeamCare. Gee, can't run to the emergency room for every little thing.

This says a lot about the state of mind (of some members) who think it was a good thing to bring themselves up, by bringing others down.

In the end, it was a concession.

And really, having to work 1 day a week for your benefits to be paid ? Wow. TeamCare has been good enough, for how many other fellow Teamsters ? For how long ? Funny, most of them have to work 3 days a week for their benefits to be paid.

We used to only need one punch in a month for get our benefits, so again, why cheer bringing someone else up, while bringing others down?

Again, this was another concession.

And speaking of pensions....Are you aware, of how many different benefit levels there are in Central States ? Not every company negotiated in to the fund can afford the top tier.

We are talking about UPS here Bug, try to keep your eye on the ball.

There's that UPS "entitlement" attitude again. No wonder.... members in freight think UPS people are a bunch of babies, and have absolutely no respect for them.

I can tell you, unequivocally, that I feel "entitled".
I feel entitled to have a concession-free contract negotiated for us by the Teamsters.
If the members in freight can't respect that,...I don't need it.

Including people running with FZ. Didn't know that one.... did ya ?

Haven't met a single freight guy yet (in recent times) that supports H&H.
They just aren't out there.
It's Fred's favorite line while campaigning; "show me the H supporters in your barn".
They always laugh and reply; "Hell, there aren't any".
Perhaps this is why these international freight candidates have jumped ship?
Maybe, just maybe, they are actually trying to represent their members interests, instead of their own.
Refreshing.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I can tell you, unequivocally, that I feel "entitled".
I feel entitled to have a concession-free contract negotiated for us by the Teamsters.
If the members in freight can't respect that,...I don't need it.

It's no surprise to me....

Why you consistently, can't get elected to any position of authority within your Local.

Arrogance, is easily identified.

Especially, when it is "self endowed".

-Bug-

10 point

Did not "freight" get the pension boost when USPERS were on strike?
Poor freight guys.

I've hauled LTL for some time before I came to UPS and there's NO freight job that butchers your body like running packages. None.

Irishman Collins

There have been improvements in every contract, and each one is better than the last.

Better wages, increased contributions to Health & Welfare, Pensions, plus....

It says a lot about the state of mind (of some members) who complain about TeamCare.

Gee, can't run to the emergency room for every little thing.

And really, having to work 1 day a week for your benefits to be paid ? Wow.

TeamCare has been good enough, for how many other fellow Teamsters ? For how long ?

Funny, most of them have to work 3 days a week for their benefits to be paid.

And speaking of pensions....

Are you aware, of how many different benefit levels there are in Central States ?

Not every company negotiated in to the fund can afford the top tier.

There's that UPS "entitlement" attitude again.

No wonder.... members in freight think UPS people are a bunch of babies, and have

absolutely no respect for them. Including people running with FZ.

Didn't know that one.... did ya ?

-Bug-

*Rant off* :biggrin:
Entitled.......your damn right I am entitled! I pay Union dues that entitle me to get the best contract humanly possible. I don't pay Union dues to have a "Big Union Guy" tell me that I cry and whine and am "entitled" because I want a good contract. UPS was recoding record profits during the last contract negotiations. Our negotiating committee had all the leverage and were afraid to use it. Instead, they sold out and were taken advantage of, by a smarter, better educated, more aggressive, Company negotiating committee. Do you think that Professional Baseball players refuse to get the best money and benefits available because they don't want to seem entitled to the rest of the players? No, they pay their agents to get the most pay and benefits possible and if that agent fails to do that, they fire him. The only difference is, we elect our agents. Whereas, Baseball players hire theirs. Bug, you and your opinions are a shining example of why "We the members" need to rid ourselves of our sell out IBT officials and vote them all out! They work for us, and damn it, we our entitled to strong, smart, competent leaders, who will stand up to a company recording record profits and not accept one concession from a company who has more money than God!

clean hairy

They cared when the shorts first came out. Then they didn't care for the last 20 years. It was a hot issue again last summer. Either wear the UPS socks or don't wear shorts.

Your local management team must have missed the corporate memo, or just didn't csre.
Due to past practice for the past 20 years of not requiring UPS socks, can they then decide they want Drivers to now wear UPS socks?