Solar and other alternative power

Method Mensch

Yes.
You think your deflection is helping your case?
Not deflection. You're comparing renewable to other other energy sources. I think it's silly and inaccurate to label tax breaks as " marxist", regardless of which industry they apply to, but hey, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. So, oil, gas, coal, renewables all get tax breaks. Its illogical to say one is better or worse because of tax incentives: they all get tax incentives.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So to "save the planet", we are allowing China to build coal burning power plant's left and right, while we are taxed?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not deflection. You're comparing renewable to other other energy sources. I think it's silly and inaccurate to label tax breaks as " marxist", regardless of which industry they apply to, but hey, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. So, oil, gas, coal, renewables all get tax breaks. Its illogical to say one is better or worse because of tax incentives: they all get tax incentives.
By your own admission it is a terrible investment without marxist government subsidies for an inferior method of energy production.

Method Mensch

So you've got nothing.
Okay. Carry on.
No YOU have nothing. I asked you first, what's it inferior to, and instead of answering my question, you asked me a question. I'm the questioner here and I demand an answer to my question, not a question to my question. How dare you? Shame on you. I'm very upset with you now.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wind power is great.
Except as the UK found out some years ago, a week of really cold weather froze the turbines.
Just when they needed the extra power , there was none.
Then there is the retirement of the turbines blades.
There is no recycling of them , so they get buried in landfills.
Why do all the turbines have to be so big ?
Those big ones are limited by the force of the wind, some windy days that can't be used at all.
Wouldn't a series of smaller turbines work better ?

Wind power is great.
Except as the UK found out some years ago, a week of really cold weather froze the turbines.
Just when they needed the extra power , there was none.
Then there is the retirement of the turbines blades.
There is no recycling of them , so they get buried in landfills.
Why do all the turbines have to be so big ?
Those big ones are limited by the force of the wind, some windy days that can't be used at all.
Wouldn't a series of smaller turbines work better ?
Up North we have 10s of thousands of wind turbines that work all Winter long. Even in -20 temps. Just how long do you think a wind turbine blade will last? 20 to 30 years.

refineryworker05

As always do republicans who are being proven wrong about alternative power generation sources being cost competitive with other sources of power generation every reflect on why there were so wrong? Like in the last 21 years what have republicans been right about in terms of public policy?

Serf

I liked the idea of bringing back sail power for shipping. The massive container ships reak havoc on the environment. Granted, space is limited on even a 150’ sail vessel compared to a cargo ship. But it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t at least have a place at the table.

rickyb

So to "save the planet", we are allowing China to build coal burning power plant's left and right, while we are taxed?
then bomb them out of existence instead of stealing resources........

o wait bombing pollutes like crazy too good one.