Some people are just a lost cause

BrownChoice

Ill say this, loaning money to a family member can ruin the family relationship very easily. Personally I would rather loan money to a friend, than a family member. And as stated above, only if I EXPECT not to get it back.

Will I help someone and give them money? YES. Will i loan money, almost always certainly NO. Sure as hell not going to just give someone 27 grand though...

oldngray

nowhere special
I know a guy like this. He has a family member with a legitimate medical problem, but definitely abuses it on occasion.

Not sure how people like this can look at themselves in the mirror.

The driver who had the route next to mine always had some family crisis (so he claimed) and it was constant excuses to have time off. He also used every 8 hour request possible and days he worked he would whine to have work taken off him. He would quickly use up his paid days off then start taking unpaid days. Then he would complain he didn't have any money.

retired2000

Had a driver in my center. He would take every day off that he could. When it came time to retire he left. Two weeks later he was back working in the hub. Seems he did not have enough time in that year to leave. Had to work another month

Once a guy makes book and gets to top rate, his requests to borrow money from anyone in that building should be 0 !!!
Like Upstate says every once in awhile, if you want to take a day off so a younger driver can work and not be sent home, that's cool. But borrow money? NO WAY

My friend was like that. Was at top rate but hated the job so would take days off all the time. Would go paint on the side for money, instead of working. Didn't have a pot to piss in. Management finally forced him to work everyday so one spring he took all his vacations in May and 2 weeks before coming back, quit.

Now he's a postman and 40 !! He sees how well I do and regrets not giving the extra effort.
My favorite Is ,the same guys that take the day off without pay.
Come in and work their vacation,because they are broke!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Someone who felt sorry for a co-worker and didn't want to see him lose his house. I wouldn't have done it, but hey I didn't inherit a bunch of $$$ either.
I can understand helping somebody out who's going through a rough spot. But the ones who won't help themselves and then expect somebody else to help them....that song gets really old. There are very few people I'd ever lend money to....and trust that I'd get it back.

P

pickup

Many years ago, when i was a casual, there was another casual at the dispatch window begging off the extra work because he ran out of cigarettes. He wanted to get off the clock so that he could drive out of there and buy some more on the way home. So the dispatcher saw me behind him , gave him his leave and off he went like a rocket. The dispatcher then gave me the assignment they were going to give him. That assignment took about 3 hours and then I punched out.

The next day when punching in, I was telling someone next to me that I was a bit tired, having spent almost 14 hours on the clock the day before. The other casual, overhearing this, asked " how come you got all those extra hours and I didn't?" .

I was just stunned speechless.

Oh , and I was hired off the street after that peak and he wasn't. I'm sure that he was scratching his head over that as well.

UPSwife0174

Now he's a postman and 40 !! He sees how well I do and regrets not giving the extra effort.

That's really stupid considering USPS is a hot mess, carriers make less than UPS drivers, and the institution itself is unstable. There's a reason most take early pension penalties there.....

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
That's really stupid considering USPS is a hot mess, carriers make less than UPS drivers, and the institution itself is unstable. There's a reason most take early pension penalties there.....

Sad thing is that he said UPS was causing him ulcers !! THEN goes and works at USPS :nonono:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The only person I ever lent money was a Nigerian prince and he's going to pay me back twenty fold. Someday. Anytime now. Yep. I'll be rolling in it.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you guys are talking about lost causes, you haven't seen anything until you see my brother. All the guy does is sit and his ass at home all day and talk to girls who he has never seen face to face. When there is no food in the house, he whines and complains to our mother for money to buy food. What makes this really sad is that the guy is 21. Last week the punk had the nerve to brag about him being the happiest person in the house because he doesnt have to work and can stay home and leech.