Spoiled Americans?

rickyb

There are social movements, then there's the nuts and bolts of running a country. It absolutely matters what policies a country's administration implements. Our government in the last two years has proven that you can't spend your way to prosperity as well as has proven that if an economy is driven by lower energy costs you can't seek to raise those costs without negatively impacting everyone. What you do is theorize about what ought to be but refuse to accept the reality. Blame it on corruption rather than admit your theories are impractical in the real world. Our government is mostly intact after the midterm election because too many voters refuse to accept that hard truth. They'd rather let the current government keep trying to get it right rather than face the harsh reality of fixing what's been broken. And there's no way to completely tell about honesty in Washington. Just observe the laws they create, the policies they implement, and judge accordingly.
my theories are practiced in parts of italy. they have 30,000 examples of them. germany has codetermination on corporate boards.

NATO expanded. russia got pissed and invaded. now energy prices are up. plus almost nuclear war. so much for security.

social movements affect policy. politicians are either persuaded by money or by movements.

vantexan

my theories are practiced in parts of italy. they have 30,000 examples of them. germany has codetermination on corporate boards.

NATO expanded. russia got pissed and invaded. now energy prices are up. plus almost nuclear war. so much for security.

social movements affect policy. politicians are either persuaded by money or by movements.
Energy prices were way up before Russia invaded. Your theories aren't successful in Italy or everyone in Italy would be doing them and they would've spread elsewhere. Germany is falling apart economically because they had shut down much of their energy sector and now are scrambling to have enough fuel for heat this winter. Their manufacturing relies on fuel that has been cut off from Russia and their green energy isn't producing what's needed to replace what was shut down in their own country. Even resorting to coal now.

rickyb

Energy prices were way up before Russia invaded. Your theories aren't successful in Italy or everyone in Italy would be doing them and they would've spread elsewhere. Germany is falling apart economically because they had shut down much of their energy sector and now are scrambling to have enough fuel for heat this winter. Their manufacturing relies on fuel that has been cut off from Russia and their green energy isn't producing what's needed to replace what was shut down in their own country. Even resorting to coal now.
capitalism existed long before it spread

theres honest politicians but they dont get elected. so that also disproves your point.

gas prices went up around the time russia invaded.

vantexan

yea he is.

i forget the others i havent paid attention to politics recently.

alot of things ralph nader and chris hedges say are right wing.
So if they say something you disagree with it's right wing? Ron Paul is a libertarian who ran as a Republican to win in Texas. I like him a lot on a lot of things. But he's much more centrist than right wing.

rickyb

So if they say something you disagree with it's right wing? Ron Paul is a libertarian who ran as a Republican to win in Texas. I like him a lot on a lot of things. But he's much more centrist than right wing.
your words not mine.

i doubt ron paul is a centrist.