Spoiled Customers and Sob Stories

dezguy

I'd rather be doing my job than have a customer hold me up because their shipment wasn't ready when they called it in, that's why.

SmithBarney

UPS wouldn't even accept my signed infonotice(I put one on each door, I have a stack) I was told first attempt has to be made and can only be released on second attempt... found a new infonotice right next to my signed one.. :(

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS wouldn't even accept my signed infonotice(I put one on each door, I have a stack) I was told first attempt has to be made and can only be released on second attempt... found a new infonotice right next to my signed one.. :(

What did the new info notice say? Did the driver check the "need signature" box? If so, that means we need a physical signature at the time of delivery----can't use an info notice on signature required packages.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What did the new info notice say? Did the driver check the "need signature" box? If so, that means we need a physical signature at the time of delivery----can't use an info notice on signature required packages.
Some customers are too stupid to grasp that concept.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK. Fair enough but for the longest time ours didn't and there were problems.............

inf_notice_full.gif

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I once delivered a very busy street, probably 4 or 5 lanes on each side plus a dedicated left turn in the middle. I delivered the odd side in the morning and the even side in the afternoon. I had a woman on the odd side who did upholstery work out of her house. She would get HUGE rolls of cotton batting, foam rubber and rolls of fabric as long as the inside of my PC, everyone of which was COD-CASH ONLY. She knew every delivery was coming and she knew the amount, but she never had the cash. She would beg me to swing back by in the afternoon and she'd have the correct change. I kept telling her no, and for a while, I stuck to my guns. Then I got tired of wrestling with these giant packages all afternoon and then getting them back the next day. One day I told her, look, I'll swing back this afternoon. You get change in the meantime. She agreed. You guessed it. She now expected me to do this every time I had stuff for her (3-4 times a week) I was sure glad to see her go out of business and move. No good deed goes unpunished.

rod

Retired 22 years
I once delivered a very busy street, probably 4 or 5 lanes on each side plus a dedicated left turn in the middle. I delivered the odd side in the morning and the even side in the afternoon. I had a woman on the odd side who did upholstery work out of her house. She would get HUGE rolls of cotton batting, foam rubber and rolls of fabric as long as the inside of my PC, everyone of which was COD-CASH ONLY. She knew every delivery was coming and she knew the amount, but she never had the cash. She would beg me to swing back by in the afternoon and she'd have the correct change. I kept telling her no, and for a while, I stuck to my guns. Then I got tired of wrestling with these giant packages all afternoon and then getting them back the next day. One day I told her, look, I'll swing back this afternoon. You get change in the meantime. She agreed. You guessed it. She now expected me to do this every time I had stuff for her (3-4 times a week) I was sure glad to see her go out of business and move. No good deed goes unpunished.

Upholstery shops were the worst---for the most part they were all cash only. Gun shops were too but at least you could check out the guns while waiting for them to round up the cash.

oldngray

nowhere special
Upholstery shops were the worst---for the most part they were all cash only. Gun shops were too but at least you could check out the guns while waiting for them to round up the cash.

I hated the places that got knock off shoes. Always a bunch of boxes and cash only COD's. They would never have money orders ready even if they were open when they were supposed to be.

rod

Retired 22 years
I hated the places that got knock off shoes. Always a bunch of boxes and cash only COD's. They would never have money orders ready even if they were open when they were supposed to be.

''County fairs were a bitch too. Them carnies always paid you in small bills and would try to cheat you every time.

rod

Retired 22 years
The regular fairgrounds people always hated the carnie gypsies too. Nothing but a pack of thieves.

I had two different fairs to deliver to. One was on my regular route (which I hated because I was always there too early and had to wake some carnie up) but the other one was right across the street from the UPS building so they would always hold that one for anyone who wanted to deliver it when they got back to the building. I liked that one because it was a good way to make some easy ot while checking out all that was going on at the fair. You always had to take the grand tour to find the guy with the money.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

I had two different fairs to deliver to. One was on my regular route (which I hated because I was always there too early and had to wake some carnie up) but the other one was right across the street from the UPS building so they would always hold that one for anyone who wanted to deliver it when they got back to the building. I liked that one because it was a good way to make some easy ot while checking out all that was going on at the fair. You always had to take the grand tour to find the guy with the money.
COD's belong to the 1970's. Both FedEx and UPS need to wise up and get with the times.