Star Wars Talk. Spoiler Alert.

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish I had noticed this thread earlier in the week. I would've already chimed in. Anyway....

I loved the movie. Yes, its storyline kinda/sort parallels Episode 4 but not so much. I already knew Solo was a goner because I have a bad habit of visiting spoiler websites (as some of you might have figured out by reading a few of my posts in the Walking Dead thread) and doing my own research. The best site is probably http://makingstarwars.net. But sometimes a simple google search of "Star Wars Episode 7" was all I needed to do to get information.

Concerning the apparent lack of skill with light sabers in the movie. The Jedi in the prequels were in an era when they were trained from very young ages to be badasses with a light saber. Luke was not so it's likely thats why Kylo didn't fair any better.

It's possible that Rey was a Jedi trainee with Luke when Kylo flipped to the dark side and that is why she was able to defeat Kylo. That or she used fear and anger in combination with the fact that the force is strong with her. If the former is true I'd like to see the explanation for why she doesn't remember her time with Luke. Is she a relative of Luke or Solo? Well....remember the first trailer for the movie when Luke's voice is heard saying the line from ROTJ that told Leia she is his sister?

"The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it and.. My sister has it."

Well, in the trailer they added "You have that power too" to the end of it. It sounds like he is talking to someone related to him. That line wasn't in the movie so it could have been made just for the trailer or something they decided to cut from the movie. He might have been saying it to Kylo in a flashback that was cut out.

Snoke is likely not Darth Plageus the Wise.

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/06/andy-serkis-confirms-supreme-leader-snoke-is-not-darth-plagueis/

It would have been cool though. It would have added more continuity with the first 6 episodes. Watch the clip of the scene with Palpatine and Anakin in the link to see what I mean.

I wish I had noticed this thread earlier in the week. I would've already chimed in. Anyway....

I loved the movie. Yes, its storyline kinda/sort parallels Episode 4 but not so much. I already knew Solo was a goner because I have a bad habit of visiting spoiler websites (as some of you might have figured out by reading a few of my posts in the Walking Dead thread) and doing my own research. The best site is probably http://makingstarwars.net. But sometimes a simple google search of "Star Wars Episode 7" was all I needed to do to get information.

Concerning the apparent lack of skill with light sabers in the movie. The Jedi in the prequels were in an era when they were trained from very young ages to be badasses with a light saber. Luke was not so it's likely thats why Kylo didn't fair any better.

It's possible that Rey was a Jedi trainee with Luke when Kylo flipped to the dark side and that is why she was able to defeat Kylo. That or she used fear and anger in combination with the fact that the force is strong with her. If the former is true I'd like to see the explanation for why she doesn't remember her time with Luke. Is she a relative of Luke or Solo? Well....remember the first trailer for the movie when Luke's voice is heard saying the line from ROTJ that told Leia she is his sister?

"The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it and.. My sister has it."

Well, in the trailer they added "You have that power too" to the end of it. It sounds like he is talking to someone related to him. That line wasn't in the movie so it could have been made just for the trailer or something they decided to cut from the movie. He might have been saying it to Kylo in a flashback that was cut out.

Snoke is likely not Darth Plageus the Wise.

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/06/andy-serkis-confirms-supreme-leader-snoke-is-not-darth-plagueis/

It would have been cool though. It would have added more continuity with the first 6 episodes. Watch the clip of the scene with Palpatine and Anakin in the link to see what I mean.
Great post. I also so a trailer at the beginning that had Hayden Christensen in a forest confronting kylo Ren. Am I nuts? Did you remember seeing this as well.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hay if you are a Star Wars dork like me you're cant be half bad.

Oh you have no idea. I'd say more but I'd risk ending 16 years of being anonymous on this board. I will say that I'm not one of those people that wears a costume on opening night. Nor one of those people camped out in line. Hell, I waited almost a week to see it. But I am a huge fan. I like sci-fi in general too.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Any of you guys ever watch these cartoons when you were younger? Great cartoons, im really shocked honestly they never came out with a live American action movies of them. I think they could have been huge in the right directors hands. If you loved Star Wars as a kid you would love these and they could have had alot of success.

Overpaid Union Thug

Any of you guys ever watch these cartoons when you were younger? Great cartoons, im really shocked honestly they never came out with a live American action movies of them. I think they could have been huge in the right directors hands. If you loved Star Wars as a kid you would love these and they could have had alot of success.

I've never heard of those. Hmm. To date my favorite sci-fi is still the remake of the tv show Battlestar Galactica.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The Japanese live action movie came out a few years ago, sure wish( supposedly they are) they would come out with the American version.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I used to LOVE our star Blazers brother. Loved it. I've seen those characters from battle of the planets but I think it was called something else maybe? Can't remember but this is good :censored2:e. Think you can watch star Blazers on YouTube.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I used to LOVE our star Blazers brother. Loved it. I've seen those characters from battle of the planets but I think it was called something else maybe? Can't remember but this is good :censored2:e. Think you can watch star Blazers on YouTube.
Battle of the Planets was Gatchaman in Japan.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
1452342056840.jpg