Staten Island Driver Injured - possibly loses leg

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Big Arrow Down...D, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

2. Future

Future Well-Known Member

3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

4. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

5. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Thats awful.

7. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

It could happen to anyone of us your right!
    No I don't know him...

8. Future

Future Well-Known Member

cb3afa9bf9eb233c009af19e9697bc6b.jpg
    by no means am i worthy...but i am a believer ...

9. RonBurgandy??????????

I guess a Good Samaritan tied a tourniquet on his leg and helped him told him to think about his daughters he almost bled out. He lost consciousness twice. Saw an interview it won't let me copy it to post it. Unreal. Say a prayer for this man and his family.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    Lasted edited by : Apr 7, 2015
  10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

http://nypost.com/2015/04/06/ups-workers-legs-crushed-after-hes-pinned-against-delivery-truck/

A UPS spokesperson said: “As of right now, Tom is going to make it, he’s going to live, but that’s all I know at this point.”

Sattar said Ryan, who’s in early 40s, is a married father of two kids, ages 8 and 9, and regularly made deliveries to the tire store.

The driver of the Toyota, which has North Carolina license plates, remained at the crash scene and told cops he was trying to avoid a pedestrian when he swerved and hit the UPS driver, law-enforcement sources said.

11. RonBurgandy??????????

12. tacken

tacken Active Member

Are prayers are with you!!!! All the bitching that goes on. This really puts things in plain sight . The most important delivery is you at the end of the day.

13. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

What a shame.....his delivering days are over...terrible. At least he's alive...that's something.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  14. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

UPS worker’s legs crushed after he’s pinned against delivery truck - NY Post

A UPS worker had one leg torn from his body — and the other nearly severed — when a car crushed him against his delivery truck on Staten Island Monday morning, a witness to the grisly crash told The Post.

The victim — identified by acquaintances as Tom Ryan, of Bayonne, N.J. — was unloading packages when the black Toyota Camry plowed into him in front of Wil John’s Tire Empire at 2044 Hylan Blvd. around 9 a.m., law-enforcement sources said.

“Tom was screaming, one of his legs was laying next to him under the truck,” tire shop mechanic Moe Sattar said.

15. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Staten Island drivers are not in our local.

16. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Hopefully there's something the company can do for him assuming he makes it. Light duty inside the building or something. My heart goes out to him & his family.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  17. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

We had guy that lost a leg in a feeder accident and he finished his employment as a porter.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  18. That's so sad,I can't really put into words. Prayers for him and his family

19. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Maybe his coworkers will start a gofundme account and post it on here. While money won't fix everything, it might ease his mind some and allow him to concentrate on healing, if he doesn't have to worry about how his family will be taken care of.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. I can't get that image out of my head.