Stay or go

adhawk

Quick question for my fellow couriers. I was offered a job for the tsa full time, and I'm debating on whether to take it or not. It is less money but it's inside so I can deal. Just want some insight to what some of you might think. Thanks

MAKAVELI

If you aren't topped out there's absolutely no reason to stay. TSA is a government job, will most likely have better benefits, an actual wage progression, and opportunities to move up. If it's a job that interests you, I'd say go for it.

Serf

A have a friend who works for TSA. He started right after he got out of the Army. It is permanent part time status, with benefits. But he always works at least 40 hours, due to weather, schedule conflicts, people calling out sick, etc. Similar to FDX. I believe starting pay was just under 16 an hour, with an option for Thrift saving plan, offered by the Government. You may even be able to do both, Deliver FO's and TSA?!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Everything stopsperhour said is correct, PLUS you will have more holidays and you will be home with family at a decent time in December. No stressful Peaks.

Then there's the issue of not being out in the weather. Also, not having your body broken down by the time you're 50 from wear and tear. Money ain't everything, especially if you can get it back eventually.

Last edited:

l22

for the love of god, take the TSA job lol. The government is one of the best places you can work - the best benefits, pay progression and promotion over time based on your years of service if you are looking to eventually get promoted. USAjobs.gov is a site I check daily lol. I really wouldn't stay at Express unless you want to try and be an AM/PM handler who can just leave after the sort - but there's really not much reason to stay lol.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
for the love of god, take the TSA job lol. The government is one of the best places you can work - the best benefits, pay progression and promotion over time based on your years of service if you are looking to eventually get promoted. USAjobs.gov is a site I check daily lol. I really wouldn't stay at Express unless you want to try and be an AM/PM handler who can just leave after the sort - but there's really not much reason to stay lol.

I agree. The OP should leave. Don't even give notice. Run away, and don't look back.

soc151

I'm not even a hardcore FedEx hater, and I'm saying you should run to the TSA. FedEx has set itself up to be a job, not a career, for their drivers. TSA could be a decent career.