Still have not received my Fedex ID card...

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Zachtt92, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Zachtt92

Zachtt92 New Member

hello. I have been working at Fedex express for about 4 months now, and I have yet to receive my Fedex id badge. There are employees that have been recently hired and already have theirs. My manager says it has something to do with the filing in Memphis.
    Anyone got any ideas???
    Thanks

2. outtatime

outtatime Active Member

Talk to a different manager or the senior manager. ID cards should take no longer than 2-3 days. They apply for them online once they upload your photo they took of you.

3. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

This. We've had everyone get new IDs. Hardly any wait.

4. Zachtt92

Zachtt92 New Member

That is very interesting and I believe that it doesn't take that long because we've had recent hires get theirs quickly.
    Kept asking my managers too. They say they check everyday...
    Had someone tell me it could be due to a residency issue??

5. 59 Dano

A residency issue might delay your background check and affect your start date. Would have nothing to do with getting your ID.

6. outtatime

outtatime Active Member

Like I said before, talk to the senior manager. A good senior will take care of it themselves on the spot. I believe policy states that any employee must have an ID at all times on FedEx property and while driving (if a driver). If you work at a ramp you MUST have an ID and a SIDA badge, no exceptions. Without a SIDA badge you can't even go inside a sort facility at a ramp. How do you get in your building everyday without a badge?

7. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

You're not even supposed to be on the property without an ID badge. Why doesn't this surprise me?

8. Zachtt92

Zachtt92 New Member

I already have my SIDA badge. I just don't have my fedex ID. I have no problem getting on the ramp etc.

9. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

That doesn't make sense. The SIDA badge is much more difficult to obtain. Is Dano your manager?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Here's the other thing. How did you get a SIDA badge without an ID? When I was an RTD, our airport required an "airline" ID. Some vendors can also get a SIDA badge, but the process is even more involved.

11. 59 Dano

Dano would have him properly ID'd. You'd be offering him legal advice that's worth every cent he paid for it.

12. Star B

Star B White Lightning

Each airport is different. Our A/P just needs the request from the manager and payment.. so to each their own.

13. Code 82 Approved

Code 82 Approved Titanium Plus+ Level Member

I would hate to think your ID was driver released to your apartment lobby by any of the OPCo's

14. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Like any typical manager.

15. Sparky

Sparky Member

At my old station the SIDA badge replaced your id

16. Sparky

Sparky Member

At my new station the SIDA badge can be used instead of your id but you still keep your FedEx id

17. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

really?, that just seems a little....ridiculous.

18. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Maybe Fredward saves a few pennies by not issuing an ID badge. Weird.

19. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

I thought the primary purpose of the employee ID was to identify the individual as a FedEx employee to the public. I just don't see how a SIDA badge really replaces that.

I'm only required to wear my SIDA when on the ramp premises, but my employee ID must be on display any time I'm on the clock.

20. A badge gets you into the terminal- tell them to print you a copy