Still have not received my Fedex ID card...

Zachtt92

hello. I have been working at Fedex express for about 4 months now, and I have yet to receive my Fedex id badge. There are employees that have been recently hired and already have theirs. My manager says it has something to do with the filing in Memphis.
Anyone got any ideas???
Thanks

outtatime

Talk to a different manager or the senior manager. ID cards should take no longer than 2-3 days. They apply for them online once they upload your photo they took of you.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Talk to a different manager or the senior manager. ID cards should take no longer than 2-3 days. They apply for them online once they upload your photo they took of you.

This. We've had everyone get new IDs. Hardly any wait.

Zachtt92

That is very interesting and I believe that it doesn't take that long because we've had recent hires get theirs quickly.
Kept asking my managers too. They say they check everyday...
Had someone tell me it could be due to a residency issue??

outtatime

Like I said before, talk to the senior manager. A good senior will take care of it themselves on the spot. I believe policy states that any employee must have an ID at all times on FedEx property and while driving (if a driver). If you work at a ramp you MUST have an ID and a SIDA badge, no exceptions. Without a SIDA badge you can't even go inside a sort facility at a ramp. How do you get in your building everyday without a badge?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
hello. I have been working at Fedex express for about 4 months now, and I have yet to receive my Fedex id badge. There are employees that have been recently hired and already have theirs. My manager says it has something to do with the filing in Memphis.
Anyone got any ideas???
Thanks

You're not even supposed to be on the property without an ID badge. Why doesn't this surprise me?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I already have my SIDA badge. I just don't have my fedex ID. I have no problem getting on the ramp etc.

Here's the other thing. How did you get a SIDA badge without an ID? When I was an RTD, our airport required an "airline" ID. Some vendors can also get a SIDA badge, but the process is even more involved.

Star B

White Lightening
Each airport is different. Our A/P just needs the request from the manager and payment.. so to each their own.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Anyone got any ideas???
Thanks
I would hate to think your ID was driver released to your apartment lobby by any of the OPCo's

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I thought the primary purpose of the employee ID was to identify the individual as a FedEx employee to the public. I just don't see how a SIDA badge really replaces that.

I'm only required to wear my SIDA when on the ramp premises, but my employee ID must be on display any time I'm on the clock.