Stock Price

U

upsdawg

AMEN!! Well said ups79 and moreluck!! God can use his people to do his work----and he works in mysterious ways!!

U

ups

2008 no more union huh...the whole company is outsourced by the UPS Supply Chain Logistics group...hmmm interesting. We can have the commercial packages delivered by DHL and the resi by the USPS but all sorted by the high paid UPS part timers in UPS hubs.... The trucks could be painted Yellow and Red....hmmm that would be big stock and profit.... I am suprised Tieguy did not think of that one... Sounds good... I need more stock.

U

upsdawg

UPS Stock-a way for me to share in the success of UPS and my hard work for over 20 years??? Absolutely!! I knew that UPS was hard work , but the pay and job security was one of the best in the industry------we have become the industry--we are successful and will continue to be if we continue to protect our business from our competitors who would love to have pieces of our business!!

I want to retire from UPS and would like them to be successful 10 and 20 years from now!

I know that I am one of the 80% who do my best day in and day out------are you part of the 80 or 20% group??

A

afups

Opened 82.98
Low 82.87
High 84.05

Closed 83.94 which is up 1.27 (1.54%)

Thank you.....one and all.....for doing whatever you do for the company.

D

deliver_man

Dang, I'm kind of a slacker myself.
"If the minimum wasn't good enough. it wouldn't be the minimum" has always been my motto. My goal at UPS is to do as little as possible and still collect a paycheck and a pension.
Still, it does my heart good to read about all you guys out there doing the work of two men (or women, can't forget Tooner). It's people like you that keep the company profitable. Years from now, as I relax on a sunny beach sipping a margarita, I'll raise a toast to the folks who made it all possible. God bless you every one.

T

toonertoo

Thanks for thinking of me deliverman, I feel special...Does anyone have the ability to tell me how to get the GLOBAL ID for mellon. I am trying to no avail to get on the site with mellon, but if I got a password from them I threw it away as bulk mail.. I have called all the #s and get the same recording which does nothing but take me to the point of password and ID, and asks for my ID. Does anyone know if you can take 401k money and roll it into stock, and how??

J

joncarr10

Toonertoo,
yes you can buy UPS stock with your 401k but you will need to check the guidelines. I beleive you can only hold 10% in ups stock in the ups savings plan. Check with HR or Finance to be sure.

I

isguy

Tooner,
Kind of scary, was up early to logon to Mellon this morning and had the info with me when I read your post. Once there, click on MellonOne (Towards the top right of the screen). This should bring you to the login screen. Enter your user id (SSAN) and password. If you have never been there, there's a link on this page to sign up. If you have forgotten your password, there is also a link to retrieve your password. However, I think the password gets sent to you via snail mail, so it might be a week before you actually get it. Hope this helps.

U

ups79

toonertoo-I don't believe you can take it from your 401k plan and roll it into another plan, without paying penalities, until you retire. However, in your 401k plan you can use the self-managed account to buy stock. There are requirements that have to be meant-for example you cannot transfer money in the stable fund directly to the SMA(self-managed account).

P

peacock71

Merrill Lynch has raised its target price for UPS to $92 from $83 after meeting with big Mike. Raised earnings estimates also...

Go UPS!
P71

B

bcosf97

Several of you sound like people I knew that worked at Enron. In fact UPS pushes its stock on its employees like Enron did. All I can say is don't have all your eggs in one basket and if you do be very carefull.

A

afups

Closed at $84.55 today. Another All Time High.

At this rate we will see 90 for Christmas.

T

toonertoo

Thanks for all the help. I tried retrieving my userid and password, as I didnt know Mellon took over for fidelity. I had one with fidelity, but now is useless as they are sending me a new one, then I found out of the change in bank names. If you have ever seen the Capital One credit card commercial with David Spade, and the bobble head No doll that is what my phone conversations were like with mellon and teamsters cs plan, no,no , no no you cant do that, and you cant do that either. But I never take the first nos seriously, I am going to look at the self managed plan. Thanks again.

T

toonertoo

I finally got to the SMA on the teamsters.cs web site. It is much more difficult than it should be. My question is....mellon and teamsters are SUPPOSE to be working for us. I will acknowledge that this is pretty new to me, I just used to give them money and figure they would handle it fine. So I am naive but with a little help from my friends on here and otherwise, I am starting to be more aggressive in my pursuit of information. Why didnt either one of them tell me what UPS79 did? and Joncarr10. And the bad part is we dont have a HR person that could answer it either, or a mgmt person. they all did get me info but none pertained to transferring inside the actual plan. Would it be that hard to say "yes, you can transfer money from certain parts of your 401 k to a SMA and buy any stock you would like to" for a fee and certain restrictions will apply" They should all be fired. They make it hard so you will just give up.

(Message edited by toonertoo on November 12, 2004)

U

ups79

toonertoo-I always like the way at the end of the converstation they say "this could have tax consequences, we suggest you contact your financial planner". In reality all these people do in manage the complete 401k plan, not any individual account. A lot of times they know less than you do. It is for that reason, I upon retirement rolled over this account to something closer to where I live. Also I now see an individual which I know, rather than a computer screen or someone in ny that I don't. One day this will probably be outsource to India also.

U

ups79

toonertoo-the ups and opl stock you own is considered an ira, managed now by wachovia. What you could do if you wanted to buy more ups stock(remember it has had a good run the last three weeks, but also remember it will probably lose a little of what it has earned after the first of the year) rollover any cd ira's you have into wachovia and request that they buy ups stock with the roll over. I'am assuming that your have a wachovia account(was first union when the thrift plan earnings were converted to ups/opl stock).

T

toonertoo

Thanks again for the help. I was not planning on throwing everything I had into stock, I just wanted to replace what I had before. I had some which I sold when I needed money in a hurry, and I just wanted to restock without doing it through a direct from the checking account or paycheck deal. I do aprreciate the info.

W

water302

True Story!!!

My Grandfather and his brother (I'll call my Uncle) both went to work for UPS at Newark, NJ in 1936. My Grandfather worked his way up to management on the night shift loading trucks, my Uncle was a driver until he retired after 45 years of safe driving.

Anyway, around 1952 UPS sold stock "Brown Shares" to employees on a one time basis. My Grandfather bought 150 shares and my Uncle bought 150 shares plus 75 from a friend who wanted to sell them. So, they wound up with my Grandfather having 150 shares and my Uncle having 225 shares. They both signed waivers to apply all dividends to additional stock and put the stock certificates away. They continued to work for UPS and lived middle class lives never mentioning the stock. In fact I really think they forgot about it.

Anyway, here it is 53 years later. Both my Grandfather and my Uncle have passed away and we found out about the stock. The stock has been divided through inheritance to my entire family and as close as I can tell, because of splits and dividend assignment the total value of that investment (375 shares) is in excess of $19,000,000.00.

My Mother is in poor health with Altzheimer's Disease and because of UPS we are able to have her spend her time comfortably in a nursing home. This would not have been possible had my Grandfather and Uncle not made that investment.

UPS has impacted my life and that of my family in a way no one will ever know. I salute all you USPers. I am sorry to say I have never worked for UPS but I wish I had.

P.S. I am 59 years old and because of UPS I will be able to retire next year when I turn 60. Thanks Again!!!

M

moreluck

YIKES !!!!!

UPS stock down 2.5% after Q4 warning (UPS) By August Cole
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- UPS (UPS) stock fell $2.10, or 2.5 percent, to $81.20 in after-hours trading Tuesday following the shipping giant's warning that it will report a smaller fourth-quarter profit than it had earlier expected.