Stop thinking in crisis, start thinking in opportunities!

hudson

Don't we all work for the same company? Don't we all want to keep our jobs? I know in my hub drivers are being sent home everyday due to low volume. I don't understand why someone would not want to at least try and help their company during these economic times. It's everyone's job to help grow the business...

pudg00

pudg00
Sales leads, sales leads, sales leads. Turn them in and nobody follows up. Turned in 2 DHL accounts. Leads were sold. Both are to be everyday picks. 3 months later still not being picked up everyday or on pickup log. Where is the followup/customer service. Sales guy is not from this neck of the woods I can tell you that.

02hawk

Here's one for you,Instead of mgmt following and harrassing drivers,and being so unproductive,why dont they go out and visit customers.Mgmt wants us to produce a "lead",but i'm in the office along with half the ctr,for not using my signal 1 time,(I'M HUMAN).YEAH i'm going to go out and get a lead,after being harrassed.DONT THINK SO.....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If UPS would have +400.000 employers..
If +400.000 employees would enter 1 lead..
12 times a year...
4.800.000 leads....
1.000.000 new customers..
Our jobs are saved, we don't have to worry!
Reset your mindset, enter leads and help us to protect our core!
You are our eyes on the road....

you forgot to mention the 4.799.999 sales leads that aren't followed up on. Oh I see how it works, economy bad, help, help, economy good, screw those leads. Leads are your job, so go get em.

Here's my post from the other thread, enjoy the read.
No, the win/win is when you get off of your well fed behind and get out there yourself. You expect me to bust my behind doing what I do, and then come in and hand you sales leads, like you're some sort of king/Queen? I don't think so! You want it, go out there and get it yourself. I make your job easier by being a damned good representative of this company. I've already softened up your "target", go get em.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Don't we all work for the same company? Don't we all want to keep our jobs? I know in my hub drivers are being sent home everyday due to low volume. I don't understand why someone would not want to at least try and help their company during these economic times. It's everyone's job to help grow the business...

Read my post above and stop trying to defend your position. GET OUT THERE AND DO YOUR JOB. We cannot go on hand feeding you anymore. It's time to leave the comfort of your little dream land and venture out into the real world.

hudson

Read my post above and stop trying to defend your position. GET OUT THERE AND DO YOUR JOB. We cannot go on hand feeding you anymore. It's time to leave the comfort of your little dream land and venture out into the real world.

Where are you in this picture? This could have been a sales lead.
angry ups guy.jpg

Last edited:

gandydancer

DS-
7 to 20 skids of revenue being handled, or should I say double handled, by their employees as well as 5 PC drivers?

This should be a feeder pick up. Spot an empty 48 ft, go back next day with another empty 48 ft and swap them out.

Happens all the time.

Yeah, there's a three or four letter acronym for that kind of account. I forget what it is, but it's why we get so many feeders set up on the load full of pallets and pallet wrap, a contract vio btw.

Idiot transport management screws a 7 pallet customer to pump up some number. Can't get BD to follow up on eISP since it doesn't feed their bonus, resulting in incredible repetitive waste of Revenue Recovery time tagging boxes that could easily be labelled properly to begin with. Can't get BD to follow up on OPSYS discrepancy reports, ditto, which meant repetitive waste of my time for YEARS on end in ODC. Etc., etc., etc., ETC! The target rich environment for making UPS more profitable is INSIDE.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Where are you in this picture? This could have been a sales lead.

I'm out on comp, doing a favor for mgmt, by delivering the mall guys driver pouch, which was left in building. This picture is at the mall, which isn't on my route nor is it a place where I shop. Now, on the other hand, if you used the time it took to copy and figure out how to post this picture, maybe you could have followed up on another sales lead, ya think?

PS I hope you took the time, while visiting my blog, to post a loving comment. Why'd you change the name of the picture to angry UPS guy. I'm not angry, I'm just telling you things that I feel need said. I would say the same thing to your face, as I feel I am, though you're hidden and I'm not.

hudson

I'm out on comp, doing a favor for mgmt, by delivering the mall guys driver pouch, which was left in building. This picture is at the mall, which isn't on my route nor is it a place where I shop. Now, on the other hand, if you used the time it took to copy and figure out how to post this picture, maybe you could have followed up on another sales lead, ya think?

It took me about 30 seconds, it's not that difficult....This coming for the guy who has 2291 posts!!!

If you used the time it took you to write all those 2291 posts you could have submitted a lot of sales leads, YA THINK?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It took me about 30 seconds, it's not that difficult....This coming for the guy who has 2291 posts!!!

If you used the time it took you to write all those 2291 posts you could have submitted a lot of sales leads, YA THINK?

It's as I already said. I'm doing my job, so why don't you stop yer complaining and get out there to do yours. What else is there?

Salesguy

Sales Member

Finally someone who seems to understand the importance...

Salesguy

Sales Member
Here's one for you,Instead of mgmt following and harrassing drivers,and being so unproductive,why dont they go out and visit customers.Mgmt wants us to produce a "lead",but i'm in the office along with half the ctr,for not using my signal 1 time,(I'M HUMAN).YEAH i'm going to go out and get a lead,after being harrassed.DONT THINK SO.....

If you really want to change this behaviour you need to support me in my battle for the best UPS ever!! Have you ever considered to become part of management and make it a better world for all of us?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I am doing my job...Part of my job is talking to drivers about sales leads.

You spoke to us, but didn't listen when we replied. Stop for a minute and think. Now do you understand what mgmt is doing? They overload us with work and expect us to do half your work as well. Is this falling on deaf ears?

If you really want to change this behaviour you need to support me in my battle for the best UPS ever!! Have you ever considered to become part of management and make it a better world for all of us?

LOL, yeah, that's what we want to do.

All a sales lead is a foot in the door for the sales person. Which is important. If the sales person can say "Your UPS driver, John says I may be able to help you with your shipping needs" That is a foot in the door and instant credibility for the salesperson. Now the customer is willing to listen. Without the credibility, the salesperson is just another cold caller. By the way my last sales lead was June of 2000.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
(1) bd 8-9 hour days (that i have seen firsthand), drivers doing 9-12 hours
(2) sales people are in it for sales, drivers are in it for servicing the sales
(3) the sales lead program is hardly profitable or recognizable for those bringing in the leads

Bottom line - this argument never accomplishes anything except makes people in bd seem as unrealistic and well, evil, as operations management. Allocate some time to hustling sales leads, or at least some significant incentive, otherwise you simply cannot hold anyone accountable for lack of motivation or go-getting

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It's as I already said. I'm doing my job, so why don't you stop yer complaining and get out there to do yours. What else is there?

I guess this is where I agree to disagree, and you keep the tape rolling. It was my pleasure, talking AT you. Thanks ,not, for listening.:biting:

BTW, no further response to my post is necessary, though I know you find it hard to resist, as you, like all mgmt, are always right.

Salesguy

Sales Member
you forgot to mention the 4.799.999 sales leads that aren't followed up on. Oh I see how it works, economy bad, help, help, economy good, screw those leads. Leads are your job, so go get em.

Here's my post from the other thread, enjoy the read.
No, the win/win is when you get off of your well fed behind and get out there yourself. You expect me to bust my behind doing what I do, and then come in and hand you sales leads, like you're some sort of king/Queen? I don't think so! You want it, go out there and get it yourself. I make your job easier by being a damned good representative of this company. I've already softened up your "target", go get em.

Thank you for sharing this great example/copy of misperception.
Your not just a driver, your a proud member of the UPS family who's protecting its belongings in good and in bad times. Don't underestimate the power of working together....