Stressed OUT !!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Goochy, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Goochy

Goochy Member

I just left hub , was trying to catch a bob truck . His back door was WIDE OPEN !!! I stopped him , nothing fell out . He was so mad about something , not sure what happened at the hub . He said " I shut and locked that door with the chain !! " Then he looked at load and said , " @#%& this is NOT MY TRUCK !!!!!! " :panicsmiley:. I just laughed as he did a u turn , to go back to the hub !
  2. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Not the beginning of a good day.
  3. cino321

cino321 Active Member

What's a bob truck lol?
  4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

That's funny stuff.
  5. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Big Bob, aka bulk van
  6. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

I'm still waiting for the day I get on area, open up the bulkhead door for my first stop, and realize it aint mine.
  7. DS

DS Fenderbender

I drove 4 miles before I realized I forgot my diad Friday DOH
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We had someone lose a high value out of a bulk truck that the back door was left open on.
  9. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Just sayin, with pretrip, how can you miss THAT.
  10. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​I have nightmares about doing that.
  11. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

speaking of forgetting diads: we just got D5, and I've been keeping it in the pouch. I still freak out seeing that emtpy holder while driving down the road.
  12. Goochy

Goochy Member

I know , but we ALWAYS leave hub at 9:30 -9:40 so everyone is rushed and stressed out . ( 10:30 air ) He was :censored2: ! it was less than 1 ,ile from hub .
  13. Floyd Gondolli

Floyd Gondolli New Member

I've heard of a driver forgetting to download EDD after he left the building and had to return to building to download. That blows. I couldn't imagine taking out the wrong route. That would blow.
  14. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

what's a pretrip?
  15. rod

rod retired and happy

I have a friend ( my centers Union Steward at the time) who always had a target on his back. One day the District Manager / Division Manager (I could never keep those 2 straight) rode with him. They got into a big screaming match before they even left the building. 10 miles down the road my friend all of a sudden realized he was heading the exact opposite way he was suppose to be going because he had switched routes that day to cover for a fellow driver. He said it wasn't pleasant explaining to the DM why all of a sudden he had to do a U-turn.
  16. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

​That would suck.
  17. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I have nightmares that I even have to know what a Diad is.
  18. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

aka cattle cars, aka big eddie
  19. barnyard

Actually, if he calls the center, they can send it to him. Unless noone in the office knows how to do it.....
  20. barnyard

I left one morning with a supe and 3 EAMs to deliver on my way to the route (25 miles from the building). Delivered the 1st EAM, getting the driver drill, missed the 2nd and had to turn around and drive 6 miles back to the 2nd stop.

Me, "That is why there are no distractions in my cab, including supes trying to tell me how to do the job. Now let me concentrate on the job at hand."