Sunday Operations

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
4 day work week? I would take that.

We do that now.
Wally, imagine a code five day becomes 8 plus hours but less than ten. How many gunners would give up their guarantee?? Imagine if it cut into pension contributions, the extra day off isn’t worth it. You want off? Call out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wally, imagine a code five day becomes 8 plus hours but less than ten. How many gunners would give up their guarantee?? Imagine if it cut into pension contributions, the extra day off isn’t worth it. You want off? Call out.
The company is free to change the work schedule any time they choose to. Your guaranteed is 40 hours. Nothing about M-friend.

Thebrownblob

The company is free to change the work schedule any time they choose to. Your guaranteed is 40 hours. Nothing about M-friend.
Correct but they have to be consecutive five days.
1677591395759.png

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Correct but they have to be consecutive five days.View attachment 419310

And just to expand on that....

"In order for the Employer, the Union and employees to further benefit from expanding service offerings to our customers, it may become necessary to create schedules that differ from those that exist today. Future full-time schedules may be expanded to include Sunday through Thursday. Should that happen, current full-time employees will be afforded the opportunity to select their preferred schedule in seniority order."

Thebrownblob

"In order for the Employer, the Union and employees to further benefit from expanding service offerings to our customers, it may become necessary to create schedules that differ from those that exist today. Future full-time schedules may be expanded to include Sunday through Thursday. Should that happen, current full-time employees will be afforded the opportunity to select their preferred schedule in seniority order."
Yep it would be by seniority and still a consecutive five days even with Sunday. Where the 4 10 hour days comes up. I have no idea..

Thebrownblob

Yep, the bottom paragraph covers changing M-Friday.
For sure, but nowhere in the contract or the central supplement doesn’t say anything about 4 work days at 10 hours a day.

The next paragraph only covers Sunday through Thursday, which is also five consecutive days.

Wally

Business has changed. Drivers will have to deal.

Thebrownblob

Business has changed. Drivers will have to deal.
Lol the schedules that change would be Sunday through Thursday. It does not say may include anything other than five consecutive days. There is no provision for a 4 day work week. I don’t know what’s so complicated about this. The company doesn’t even want one for package car. If it was something drivers wanted, they had every opportunity to ask for it in a contract proposal. Not even something I’ve heard mentioned as a top concern.

Wally

Lol the schedules that change would be Sunday through Thursday. It does not say may include anything other than five consecutive days. There is no provision for a 4 day work week. I don’t know what’s so complicated about this. The company doesn’t even want one for package car. If it was something drivers wanted, they had every opportunity to ask for it in a contract proposal. Not even something I’ve heard mentioned as a top concern.
You are confusing what is now vs what may have to be. Will it happen? Maybe not, but it could.