Super Committee

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The words in my post are the writer's words........the important ones are the fact that the Dems. walked. Are they gonna call that action "pulling a Madison" now? I agree on the military stuff..........we could lose 60% of foreign bases and save us some big bucks!

The words in my post are the writer's words........the important ones are the fact that the Dems. walked. Are they gonna call that action "pulling a Madison" now?
Who cares ... let them walk and the cuts kick in if the Republicans stand their ground this time. The Super Committee is a stupid idea anyway ... the best thing is that spending cuts kick in if they don't agree on something.

I agree on the military stuff..........we could lose 60% of foreign bases and save us some big bucks!
Ron Paul has a lot of good ideas and a few goofy, idealistic ones.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The words in my post are the writer's words........the important ones are the fact that the Dems. walked. Are they gonna call that action "pulling a Madison" now?
Who cares ... let them walk and the cuts kick in if the Republicans stand their ground this time. The Super Committee is a stupid idea anyway ... the best thing is that spending cuts kick in if they don't agree on something.

I agree on the military stuff..........we could lose 60% of foreign bases and save us some big bucks!
Ron Paul has a lot of good ideas and a few goofy, idealistic ones.

I liked it when Newt (in a earlier debate) said the Super Comittee was the stupidest idea ever.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I liked it when Newt (in a earlier debate) said the Super Comittee was the stupidest idea ever.

Newt has a very incisive mind and derisive mouth. I have enjoyed listening and being around him over the last 30 plus years. He is without a doubt the most informed and knowledgeable candidate but he is a pasty white man that may not do too well against Obama.

I have sat and listened to him talk off the top of his head without any notes on a variety of subjects related to government and history for an hour or more on several occasions. Its like watching the History channel.

If he is the candidate, the dumbest thing Obama could ever do is to agree to Newt's proposed debates based on the Lincoln-Douglas debates of 1858. Obama would just look pitiful (from an intellectual point of view) compared to Newt.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Newt has a very incisive mind and derisive mouth. I have enjoyed listening and being around him over the last 30 plus years. He is without a doubt the most informed and knowledgeable candidate but he is a pasty white man that may not do too well against Obama.

I have sat and listened to him talk off the top of his head without any notes on a variety of subjects related to government and history for an hour or more on several occasions. Its like watching the History channel.

If he is the candidate, the dumbest thing Obama could ever do is to agree to Newt's proposed debates based on the Lincoln-Douglas debates of 1858. Obama would just look pitiful (from an intellectual point of view) compared to Newt.

I would love to see Newt, toe to toe, with a no teleprompter Obama. Newt would cream him and we'd hear a lot of "Hummina, hummina, er, ah um, etc!!"
Every time Newt is on TV, Bob says, "I shook his hand." And everytime we eat a burger at Carl's Jr he says the same thing about Carl Karcher. Darrel Issa, Dan Akkroyd and Kathy Griffin too.

klein

Für Meno :)
November 10, 2011 12:41 PM EST

Democrats have brought a $2.3 trillion offer to the table, in the ongoing back and forth over how to the budget deficit super committee should lop $1.2 trillion off the federal deficit over the next decade.
Republicans immediately rejected the proposal.
Democratic members of the budget deficit super committee proposed a plan that would reduce the budget deficit by $2.3 trillion over the next 10 years.
The proposal cuts spending by $1 trillion, raises $1 trillion in revenue and saves $300 billion in interest payments, aides told The Wall Street Journal.

The Democrats brought the offer days after a $1.2 trillion Republican plan emerged that would cut the deficit via the elimination of tax deductions and cuts

moreluck

golden ticket member
November 10, 2011 12:41 PM EST

Democrats have brought a $2.3 trillion offer to the table, in the ongoing back and forth over how to the budget deficit super committee should lop $1.2 trillion off the federal deficit over the next decade.
Republicans immediately rejected the proposal.
Democratic members of the budget deficit super committee proposed a plan that would reduce the budget deficit by $2.3 trillion over the next 10 years.
The proposal cuts spending by $1 trillion, raises $1 trillion in revenue and saves $300 billion in interest payments, aides told The Wall Street Journal.

The Democrats brought the offer days after a $1.2 trillion Republican plan emerged that would cut the deficit via the elimination of tax deductions and cuts
The GOP also had a plan that DID raise taxes some ....even though they wanted no taxes raised., the Dems turned their noses up. The Dems are the ones who walked out. That's stupid & childish just like in Madison when they ran to a neighboring state.

klein

well, the rep 1.2 Trillion cut over 10 years won't do nothing ! Actually it would downgrade the US credit worthyness some more !
Over 10 years the national debt will grow to atleast 25 Trillion !

I know where the dems want to get the other trillion from (taking back those tax cuts for the rich - those that earn over $350.000 anually).

But, even 2.3 Trillion isn't enough. Should be closer to 4Trillion as reported by financial advisors.

P

pickup

well, the rep 1.2 Trillion cut over 10 years won't do nothing ! Actually it would downgrade the US credit worthyness some more !
Over 10 years the national debt will grow to atleast 25 Trillion !

I know where the dems want to get the other trillion from (taking back those tax cuts for the rich - those that earn over $350.000 anually).

But, even 2.3 Trillion isn't enough. Should be closer to 4Trillion as reported by financial advisors.

worthyness???? Did you see the red line under the word after you typed it in? Learn how to spell.

klein

Oh c'mon. The rep offer was a joke ! Cutting 1.3 Trill over 10 years, while running a deficit of 1.2 Trill every year ?
It's not enough !

klein

CNN has been pushing their own Super Commitee solution for a couple of weeks now, which would be for the republicans to agree on getting rid of all Bush tax cuts
= $2.8 Trillion in savings.

And the democrats agree to cut in social programs in the same amount of $2.8 Trillion
For a total of $5.6 Trillion
(simple and easy). :)

Basically what I have been saying all along, get rid of those Bush tax cuts, and Bush's Medicare part B program.
And you're back on track where Clinton left off (besides the wars Bush started).

moreluck

golden ticket member
CNN has been pushing their own Super Commitee solution for a couple of weeks now, which would be for the republicans to agree on getting rid of all Bush tax cuts
= $2.8 Trillion in savings.

And the democrats agree to cut in social programs in the same amount of $2.8 Trillion
For a total of $5.6 Trillion
(simple and easy). :)

Basically what I have been saying all along, get rid of those Bush tax cuts, and Bush's Medicare part B program.
And you're back on track where Clinton left off (besides the wars Bush started).

And why do you suppose it is that Obama didn't make you part of the Stupor Committee ???

klein

Maybe those 200+ millionaires asking to raise their taxes should be on the commitee and knock some sense into those republicans ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Are you surprised the committee failed? Another Obama idea. How do you get a deciding vote when it's 6 to 6 all the time? I'll bet Americans were thinking these 12 valiant patriots were slaving away daily trying to resolve matters.........WRONG! Except for the last day or so, the whole group hasn't held a meeting since Nov. 1st !!!

Of course, Obama was phoning in........that's real leadership!! He needs to go.

klein

Was Obama's mistake, he should have just left the 3 republicans decide to cut SS and Medicare by $4 Trillion. Slashing SS by atleast 10% and adding a deductable to Medicare of $5000 per month.

Then he would have had something to bargain with at the next election, and tell voters he will repeal those cuts if elected and get the money from the top 1% instead.
Then he would have won in a landslide !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Was Obama's mistake, he should have just left the 3 republicans decide to cut SS and Medicare by $4 Trillion. Slashing SS by atleast 10% and adding a deductable to Medicare of $5000 per month.

Then he would have had something to bargain with at the next election, and tell voters he will repeal those cuts if elected and get the money from the top 1% instead.
Then he would have won in a landslide !
You never cease to amaze me.............

klein

Oh well, now you can look forward to another US credit downgrade. The first 1 didn't hurt... so comes another ...