supervisor harassment

DRporch

so to make a long story as short as possible Monday-Wednesday 5cube 350+pieces 200 stops. Monday was terrible needed help. walk in Tuesday morning and i get talked to on how if i continue to perform in such a terrible manor i should quit this job isnt for me i used to be one of his top drivers.

Tuesday rolls by finished the route no help same scenario no issues..

Wednesday rolls by walk in trucks destroyed cant even fit air in anywhere. call supervisor complaining about an empty bigger truck next to me is here and i cant fit air in. he bitches comes over tells me to move this package. i get pissed off and its stuck so i go and rip in from the top and cut my knuckle open. id say near an 1/2inch long and really deep. tells me to go wash it off and i do so and continue thru the day.

an hour in i feel dizzy and shaky call a couple other employees (one a personal driver sup friend) and end up calling in and taking my self off road. well supervisor wasn't happy and was harassing me into quitting. he was saying the only way id get off road is if he sends another driver with forms to fill out saying i quit. called me union rep and explain the situation and he calls the supervisor and talks. get a call back saying if i come off road today im getting fired. so end result i ended up jumping for another driver who came to take over. which i was fine with my main concern was not driving and risking passing out and losing my job anyways due to an accident.

so here i am 13hrs later took the blood soaked tape/bandages off cut starts bleeding again.

i will be contacting my union hall and most likely filing a grievance for this. forcing me to work through an injury is not okay i know its peak but this is unacceptable.

its a long rant just wondering your thoughts. on how to proceed.

if bleeding doesnt stop tonight i will go to clinic and will get a note for time needed or limited work as i cant move it

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
so to make a long story as short as possible Monday-Wednesday 5cube 350+pieces 200 stops. Monday was terrible needed help. walk in Tuesday morning and i get talked to on how if i continue to perform in such a terrible manor i should quit this job isnt for me i used to be one of his top drivers.

Wednesday rolls by walk in trucks destroyed cant even fit air in anywhere. call supervisor complaining about an empty bigger truck next to me is here and i cant fit air in. he bitches comes over tells me to move this package. i get :censored2: off and its stuck so i go and rip in from the top and cut my knuckle open. id say near an inch long and really deep. tells me to go wash it off and i do so and continue thru the day.

an hour in i feel dizzy and shaky call a couple other employees (one a personal driver sup friend) and end up calling in and taking my self off road. well supervisor wasn't happy and was harassing me into quitting. he was saying the only way id get off road is if he sends another driver with forms to fill out saying i quit. called me union rep and explain the situation and he calls the supervisor and talks. get a call back saying if i come off road today im getting fired. so end result i ended up jumping for another driver who came to take over. which i was fine with my main concern was not driving and risking passing out and losing my job anyways due to an accident.

so here i am 13hrs later took the blood soaked tape/bandages off cut starts bleeding again.

i will be contacting my union hall and most likely filing a grievance for this. forcing me to work through an injury is not okay i know its peak but this is unacceptable.

if bleeding doesnt stop tonight i will go to clinic and will get a note for time needed or limited work as i cant move it

We are talking about an inch long cut on your knuckle right?

MynameisNeigan

Wednesday rolls by walk in trucks destroyed cant even fit air in anywhere. call supervisor complaining about an empty bigger truck next to me is here and i cant fit air in. he bitches comes over tells me to move this package. i get :censored2: off and its stuck so i go and rip in from the top and cut my knuckle open. id say near an inch long and really deep. tells me to go wash it off and i do so and continue thru the day.

Next time sit on the floor and call 911. Dizzy from loss of blood. Or possible infection

I was in a similar situation. I got relieved by someone to finish my route. They threatened to fire me as well. I filed, union dropped it behind my back.
I don't know what my opinion is worth to you. But I've been through a lot by this cesspool of a company. If I were you, I'd file asap. Hold my locals feet to the fire to ensure you are not harassed any longer. Nip this bs in the bud NOW. Threatening someone's livelihood over nonsense reasons is beyond unacceptable. You pay dues for this reason.
I wish I knew then what I know now. Good luck

DRporch

I was in a similar situation. I got relieved by someone to finish my route. They threatened to fire me as well. I filed, union dropped it behind my back.
I don't know what my opinion is worth to you. But I've been through a lot by this cesspool of a company. If I were you, I'd file asap. Hold my locals feet to the fire to ensure you are not harassed any longer. Nip this bs in the bud NOW. Threatening someone's livelihood over nonsense reasons is beyond unacceptable. You pay dues for this reason.
I wish I knew then what I know now. Good luck
i tried to get in contact today but not luck will be calling tomorrow. also already have transfer paperwork filed as well

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
For someone who "was outperforming everyone last peak", you really are in a pickle.

BTW, if you call in to come off the road, COME OFF THE ROAD.
If it was serious enough to make the decision to call, then you should have gone to the doctor.

DRporch

For someone who "was outperforming everyone last peak", you really are in a pickle.

BTW, if you call in to come off the road, COME OFF THE ROAD.
If it was serious enough to make the decision to call, then you should have gone to the doctor.
i also can not afford to lose my job even if getting back pay. so a threat of me being fired forced me to continue working.

A

Article 3

Wednesday rolls by walk in trucks destroyed cant even fit air in anywhere. call supervisor complaining about an empty bigger truck next to me is here and i cant fit air in. he bitches comes over tells me to move this package. i get :censored2: off and its stuck so i go and rip in from the top and cut my knuckle open. id say near an 1/2inch long and really deep. tells me to go wash it off and i do so and continue thru the day.

File the OSHA recordable injury tomorrow morning (you have 30 days) and let's see them fire you.
Only offer the pertinent information that happened during the injury.
Get a copy of the report but go to the doctor tonight if possible. Make sure the medical facility knows it's a workers comp claim.
Watch your tongue but stand up for yourself.

scooby0048

i feel dizzy and shaky

i was fine with my main concern was not driving and risking passing out

Quick grab some bandages. We don't want you to bleed out from your vag and knuckle while you are on here typing your sad story. Jeezus, I don't even know where to begin. I hope you wrench on S*t in your off time, wash your grubby mitts or you will die from staph. I'm sorry but you are really making yourself sound like a real Pus Wussy.

Really? You want to come off the road for that...un :censored2: believable.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
i also can not afford to lose my job even if getting back pay. so a threat of me being fired forced me to continue working.
AGAIN, if it was serious enough to call the center, you should have stayed off the road.
No one gets fired if they go to the doctor for a medical issue, NO ONE.
UPS would get their :censored2: handed to them in any termination hearing.

DRporch

AGAIN, if it was serious enough to call the center, you should have stayed off the road.
No one gets fired if they go to the doctor for a medical issue, NO ONE.
UPS would get their :censored2: handed to them in any termination hearing.
My union rep told me I was getting fired if I went in. I am still very new and had very little time to get facts from other people before. Have I known I wouldn’t have got fired I would have gone to clinic.

DRporch

Quick grab some bandages. We don't want you to bleed out from your vag and knuckle while you are on here typing your sad story. Jeezus, I don't even know where to begin. I hope you wrench on S*t in your off time, wash your grubby mitts or you will die from staph. I'm sorry but you are really making yourself sound like a real Pus Wussy.

Really? You want to come off the road for that...un :censored2: believable.
Thanks for your useless input. Everyone is different everyone has medical issues. Everyone reacts different. Your opinion is useless

My concern is not with the cut. My concern was feeling dizzy and shaky and expecting to do the job safely and not get fired over an accident

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My union rep told me I was getting fired if I went in. I am still very new and had very little time to get facts from other people before. Have I known I wouldn’t have got fired I would have gone to clinic.
I will say one thing...because you are "fired" does not mean you won't be re-instated immediately and so on. Fired could be "working termination", but do you want to go there. You might want to protect that hand though, and perhaps think twice act once next time :D

scooby0048

Thanks for your useless input. Everyone is different everyone has medical issues. Everyone reacts different. Your opinion is useless

If what I wrote bothers you, then you really have some of the thinnest skin ever. If that is the case, you should quit UPS as you will get injured far worse than scraping your knuckle. Wait til you drop a heavy on your foot or miss the step and smack your shin.

DRporch

supervisor is claiming I punched the package car I did have another driver next to me witness the entire thing luckily as there is no camera in the area my truck is loaded. Again my issue is what to do with the supervisors not the cut

DRporch

If what I wrote bothers you, then you really have some of the thinnest skin ever. If that is the case, you should quit UPS as you will get injured far worse than scraping your knuckle. Wait til you drop a heavy on your foot or miss the step and smack your shin.
Iv done both. Iv gotten cuts. It’s not the issue. I can’t help the fact I got dizzy and shaky if I could fix that issue I wouldn’t be here with my supervisor issue.

scooby0048

supervisor is claiming I punched the package car I did have another driver next to me witness the entire thing luckily as there is no camera in the area my truck is loaded. Again my issue is what to do with the supervisors not the cut
Do you read what you write or just spout off at the neck? If the supe is claiming you punched the car, and you are saying "luckily there are no cameras in the area" what does that say about you?

You probably did punch the car and you should find another less hurtful job. GROW SOME BALLS, don't lie, and file grievances for harassment. Otherwise quit and do something easier.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would be more concerned about your BA since he didn't do his job when you called him. If my BA told me I'd be fired for coming off car due to an injury I would fly off the handle on him!