Supervisors Helping PH Load

J

jibbs

If the driver is on the clock you are SOL. However, you may have work somewhere else that a driver isn't on the clock. An example could be if you load and one of the drivers you load for are on the clock, they may be pulling air for your set., and loading out. If you are a loader who consistently gets sent home before the guarantee and they have drivers to do your work, request to stay for the guarantee.

Gotcha. Yeah, they normally flood the belt right after their PCM so I'm pretty sure they're on the clock and I'm already well past the guarantee. I try to head to the clock out station riiiiight before my drivers are ready to pull away from the building. Do my damndest not to get sent home early, unless it's one of those days where I come in hoping we've got extras so I don't have to use a sick day.

:censored2:ty.

By The Book

Gotcha. Yeah, they normally flood the belt right after their PCM so I'm pretty sure they're on the clock and I'm already well past the guarantee. I try to head to the clock out station riiiiight before my drivers are ready to pull away from the building. Do my damndest not to get sent home early, unless it's one of those days where I come in hoping we've got extras so I don't have to use a sick day.

:censored2:ty.
Keep up the good work!

box_beeyotch

My sup did that today! I could have used that trailer time...

File a grievance. I used to file at least one a week when I worked local sort. Exhaust all possible union resources before you start doing our work...especially part timers who make minimal hours and pay as is.

Yesterday a fellow Hourly came and asked a sup that was loading a truck that he was sent to the belt I was on to load and the sup replied with: "I don't need you". I was disgusted.

Mothe73

If our sup is loading, there is nobody else. And it is amazing how stingy every sectionof our building seems to be with bodies. We are always so understaffed.

Drink Craft Beer

I am sure he would have told you he was training.
What I don't get is, the "unloading trucks" position on the pre-load is considered an unskilled position and paid accordingly as that.

If that's the case, then why does the Sup need to be in the truck(s) periodically throughout the morning helping the dude when the new hire's been doing it for over a week now?

How much training is needed for an un-skilled position??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What I don't get is, the "unloading trucks" position on the pre-load is considered an unskilled position and paid accordingly as that.

If that's the case, then why does the Sup need to be in the truck(s) periodically throughout the morning helping the dude when the new hire's been doing it for over a week now?

Sounds like the sort may have been running behind.

Just pure Harassment.

Drink Craft Beer

Could it be that the sup was in the trailer because the unloader was not working quickly enough?
But what's quickly enough? Getting out in an hour? Maybe an hour 10 depending how often the belt stops?

How long is too long for a week long, on the job, semi-experienced "unskilled" un-loader, needs periodic help from the Sup?

It usually doesn't get to the point to see if he's behind. Sup just helps to make sure it doesn't get to that point.

Wayne05

We have two guys out on vacation. I'm not entirely sure how they handle volume when people are out for a week, but nobody's covering those spots... Lol

Notcool

I'm a sorter and I don't care when sups help because alot of the loaders are soft and slow.... it gets old when people are always backed out because their slow and I loaded for 7 years and held it down.. the.problem is.slow lazy loaders

I'm a sorter and I don't care when sups help because alot of the loaders are soft and slow.... it gets old when people are always backed out because their slow and I loaded for 7 years and held it down.. the.problem is.slow lazy loaders
In the aisle, I don't mind if they help either. But, loading I do mind. They are not suppose to be touching any packages at all so... This really goes for any position in the building no matter how backed up you get and or if ppl are lazy