Suspension for Attendance.

UpsAngel

4 days were paid. as i stated i thought these worked like unexpected option days. but as i was informed by my center manager after suspension their not this information also came with a big smile courtesy of my center manager.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
4 days were paid.
They cannot discipline you with a warning letter or suspend you for using your paid sick days....go to upsers.com...print your paystubs for the weeks you called out but were paid for sick days. Talk to your BA and show him that you were paid for 4 out of 6 days.

UpsAngel

will start working on this tomorrow. But now that i recall my steward mentioned sick days are now considered occasions which was later confirmed by my center manager when i confronted her. whats your take on this?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
will start working on this tomorrow. But now that i recall my steward mentioned sick days are now considered occasions which was later confirmed by my center manager when i confronted her. whats your take on this?
Show me where it says in the contract that we need management approval to take a sick day? They are your days, you can take them when you wish. You should not return to work from a paid sick day...to a verbal warning or warning letter for attendance....that is total crap...and i would have grieved it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I usually never took more days off than my option 3 days, but I did a couple of times in my career. If indeed it was medical-related, like bleeding brown said, ask for an excuse from the doctor. Make a copy of it. Keep a copy in your files. Bring (usually they ask for the original) one to work. Sometimes they would tell me, "oh, we don't need an excuse from you." I made them take it anyway. I wanted a record if I took off, it was warranted. Good luck to you. And go to work. They are building a case against you.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
They cannot discipline you with a warning letter or suspend you for using your paid sick days....go to upsers.com...print your paystubs for the weeks you called out but were paid for sick days. Talk to your BA and show him that you were paid for 4 out of 6 days.

Varies upon location. In some, sick time is viewed as de facto insurance -> you're still charged with an occurrence for the call in. You have the option of applying sick time in a block as an additional week of vacation, or individually as option days, which don't count against your attendance.

Yes...it's better but management considers it a NC/NS if its less than an hour before start time (barring some emergency like an accident on your way to work....which did happen to me once)....every center manager I've ever had has said this to us. I've never done it personally but that is what I was told.

This is UPS's universal policy, but it's loosely enforced here. I worked in a now-closed building in which the policy was you must talk to a FT supervisor or the sort manager when calling in... but they didn't show up until one hour before start, and they weren't going to immediately answer the phone. The building I work in now has a dispatcher, but she's rarely in the office one hour before start.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Varies upon location. In some, sick time is viewed as de facto insurance -> you're still charged with an occurrence for the call in. You have the option of applying sick time in a block as an additional week of vacation, or individually as option days, which don't count against your attendance.

This is UPS's universal policy, but it's loosely enforced here. I worked in a now-closed building in which the policy was you must talk to a FT supervisor or the sort manager when calling in... but they didn't show up until one hour before start, and they weren't going to immediately answer the phone. The building I work in now has a dispatcher, but she's rarely in the office one hour before start.
That sucks. In my building...they'll piss and moan when you call out...especially on a Monday or Friday but as long as you have days left...you won't be disciplined.