swapping center and in question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by LaUpser, May 28, 2014.

1. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

I have completed my 30 and my sup. at the time i went into drving has left my center and is wanting to bring me with them to the new center they are at. I have been in talks for a while and a few days ago I received better info. I would have to leave my center and rehire at new center but I would be an of street hire for driver. is this possible. so far the sup has been pretty good about being honest first sup I have/had that been pretty honest. Also I have help the new center occasionally in the past as in favor and like how I work

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

If you would be considered off the street hire, you would have to go through your thirty days then, and be put under anyone that has been hired since. I thought in the west you could transfer buildings. Just remember the particular sup might get transferred to yet a different building, or promoted to different area. I personally would not do that, but if you don't like the building where you are at, this may be an opportunity to get to a better building. Don't do it for the sup.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You will have many supervisors throughout your career----seems foolish to me to lose what little time you may have to follow this one. Stay put!

4. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

Stay put for another 6 years working 2 jobs that would put me at 33 years old. plus I rarely get any wheel time like 2 every two months and that's on a good month for me, since peak when I officially. became cover driver I have driven a total of 4 times compared to following the old boss and helping out its been at least every month

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Don't do it.

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Are you not a FT driver?

7. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

No I'm not a ft

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

sometime supervisors act like they want to be your bud, but it is usually because it benefits *them*. He moves on, you're on your own. I've been bumping boxes since before a lot of you were even born. I don't trust any management as far as I can throw them. Just my .02.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Well said, sir. To the OP, management is "honest" when it benefits them.

10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

11. LaUpser

LaUpser Member

I agree with what you guys saying if benefits them but looking at my point it's benefiting me also by getting me behind wheel sooner. than later

Sent using BrownCafe App

12. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

I get it, once you get your shot you want to take it. Are both centers bonus centers? Would you get better route assignments at new center? Sounds like you've seen a bit of both sides. As stated in other posts, do it for you no one else. You may have a move associated with this transfer, and possibly family. All things to consider. Good luck!

13. UPS WORKHORSE

UPS WORKHORSE Member

He will move centers again. Best to stay put, because they jump ship almost every 2 years.

Sent using BrownCafe App

14. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Your still wet behind the ears and your ex-SUP knows it.....

Also remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side no matter what anyone tells you they have a agenda and it's not with your best interest.....