Switching positions?

Tman021

So I just started working at UPS on Tuesday as a preloader and the first day went by okay since I was mostly getting watched over and helped. But yesterday it was just me and and it ended up horrible. I'm responsible for two trucks but it's not like I can lift the boxes or anything, it's just that I have trouble stacking. I'm not really good at getting things organized and making them look neat so stacking is an absolute nightmare for me. Yesterday in front of my trucks it looked like there were two mountains right there because I hadn't had the chance to get the stacked. It's not that I don't know where to put them, I've basically memorized the shelf numbers but I just have a hard time making the stack good which slows me down. I was wondering if I can talk to my sup and ask to be moved to unloader since it would play more to my strengths. I don't want peak season to be here and I be responsible for three trucks while my packages just end up being stacked on top of each other. So do you guys think that this is possible? I don't want to wait before things get too late or anything and it ends up being impossible to get moved.

AndUPSER

If you're bad at loading they will probably move you to unload. Personally I hate unloading and only do it if I'm double shifting. It's mindless work and less hours.

Nostromo

Maaybe, but I doubt it. Only 2 brown trucks? Htfu and you won't have a mountain of packages. Try waiting it out till your probation is over with.

Sent using Morse code

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Work at your own pace. If management doesn't like it then to bad. If you ask to be moved to unload they are going to use that against you. Anything you want they won't give you. Also if you go in there and bust ass, then guess what! You will be in charge of 4 trailers next week, then if you can handle those you'll be in charge of 6 then so forth. Then you get in trouble because you can't keep up. Work however you want, if a sup tells you something say okay and just keep working.

TG43

Pre load sucks. Well, every job there sucks. They ask way too much of everyone and they don't give you a chance to catch on. Guess I'm not much help.

I'm sure it is much easier to learn pre load after driving first. Much easier to understand how it all works.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Switching Positions
(verb) - The act of switching between projectile vomiting and having explosive, violent, anal discharge.

Sometimes this act can be brought about, by making "monster noises" near a sick friend, or loved one.
1. Sean ate too many brownies on his birthday, despite our advice, he switched positions with the door open for three hours in the bathroom.

2. We went into Sean's room and began to rawr, which induced him to run to the bathroom with his pants down, and switching positions.

3. Sean went for a run but had to return early because he had to switch positions.
by I Cum for Cookies October 10, 2010

7 0