TDU goes down again

browncowboy

No..........evolution in this circumstance is not "good", it is however, absolutely necessary for survival as is always the case in any evolutionary process. It's brought on by necessity, not by choice. Our Union is wilting on the vine as is all organized labor. I don't believe TDU is the answer any more than I believe Hoffa is but we MUST revive our union before we have no union to revive.
If you spent one minute on the lines in 1997, you would realize UPS teamsters built what this union is all about. Since Hoffa, we have gained much more than any other leadership ever. That being said, our next generation has no clue what real work is. Yes , TDU is not ever the answer. But, getting involved in your local is all about a voice. The next and involve is our future, they need to understand all we have faught for. Every Craft has its personable issues. We have to realize first, We Are Teamsters, and nothing is free. We Build, sweat and get the job done. We also enjoy, health care, pensions and raises. All this has to come with a price. Consider yourself lucky to have a teamster job. Stop listening to TDU rhetoric and just do your job. Look at the totals, Liedman, Pope and now Zuckerman all losers. If Hoffa was so bad, why now? I'll tell you, he is the one that got us what we have. Go find a job outside the union!!!! Bet you don't find happiness.