Teamster leader awarded labor leader of the year

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
me and red can run on the same national slate we will call it "Put Hoffa in the same spot his father is at slate"

705red

Browncafe Steward
If you "talk the talk" then.......

Well, you know the rest......

-Bug-
Ant, what are you trying to say? Why would I run against our local leadership? Unlike the phonies at the International they know how to represent the members here in Chicago!

You can keep living as one of Hoffa's lap dogs, but our time is coming, and Hoffa will be on the outside looking in real soon! You can take that to the bank!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ant, what are you trying to say? Why would I run against our local leadership? Unlike the phonies at the International they know how to represent the members here in Chicago!

You can keep living as one of Hoffa's lap dogs, but our time is coming, and Hoffa will be on the outside looking in real soon! You can take that to the bank!

Thanks Red,

You helped me identify that this site is Company sponsored, or... TDU

-Bug-

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thanks Red,

You helped me identify that this site is Company sponsored, or... TDU

-Bug-
How is that Bug? Because Upsers are sick of taking it in the rear end from Hoffa?

What industry are you in? Its obvious to me that you must have one of those cushy office jobs for Hoffa.

Well pal your ride is almost over! Time to get ready to join the real world again! Enjoy working under you sub par contracts that you have forced on the members!

bobups3

If Steve is so great why do we have fixed union steward elections in palatine feeder and why is it that company senority is only used for picking vacations, but is not considersd for overtime. Have been a teamster and a upser for 28 years and I feel very frustrated with the way things are being done right now. When volume is down and everyone is trying to get overtime how is it right that someone with half the fulltime years is getting 55 to 60 a week and I haven't broke 41 in 4 months?

705red

Browncafe Steward
If Steve is so great why do we have fixed union steward elections in palatine feeder and why is it that company senority is only used for picking vacations, but is not considersd for overtime. Have been a teamster and a upser for 28 years and I feel very frustrated with the way things are being done right now. When volume is down and everyone is trying to get overtime how is it right that someone with half the fulltime years is getting 55 to 60 a week and I haven't broke 41 in 4 months?

Would you care to elaborate on fixed steward elections? And remember before you run off at the mouth, please know what you are talking about! I am out of palatine and have helped out with steward elections and they are not fixed! That's why we still have some dead beats stewards in the building!

1st of all please see a financial advisor, so you can afford to start living within your means. People are laid off and split shifting 4 and 4 to make due and here we have a guy that is still getting his straight 8 crying.

You should have started your own thread instead of pissing on this one! How come you didn't run for steward? You can print up signs about your two stewards complaining but you didn't have enough stones to run? WHY?

Pick up your contract and read the contract and you will see the answers you are looking for. If you see something you don't like, bring up a new proposal at the next contract proposal meeting. That is if you decide to attend!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Your company seniority is also protecting you from layoff-please see Art. 44.4 (pg 151). Look around, haven't you noticed your brothers & sisters with more classification (feeder) seniority, but less company seniority, forced to bump into:

1. other barns in the Tri-District
  2. Package
  3. 22.3 combo
  4. split shifting inside

tieguy

Banned

Uh- oh red. Looks like you missed this guy when you decided to speak for all teamsters. :happy-very: maybe you should attend a few less awards ceremonies and talk to the people in your own barn?:happy-very:

J/K

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Upsers are sick of taking it in the rear end.

All you have to do Red, is look at the numbers...

You must have one of those cushy office jobs for Hoffa.

I do...??? Let me know when that happens!

Well pal your ride is almost over!

What ride is that ??

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
"I am out of palatine and have helped out with steward elections"

Red,

My bad.... I assumed you were a steward, or at least a full-time employee. Not that there is anything wrong, with being part-time.

-Bug-

705red

Browncafe Steward
Uh- oh red. Looks like you missed this guy when you decided to speak for all teamsters. :happy-very: maybe you should attend a few less awards ceremonies and talk to the people in your own barn?:happy-very:

J/K
Tie, the palatine feeder group has a real bad reputation. Everyone in the area calls it the palace. That's because alot of them cut there own side deals and only worry about themselves. Don't believe me? Just ask anyone from the Chicago area.

And it sucks because we have alot of very good drivers that are labeled this because of a few.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Upsers are sick of taking it in the rear end.

All you have to do Red, is look at the numbers...

You must have one of those cushy office jobs for Hoffa.

I do...??? Let me know when that happens!

Well pal your ride is almost over!

What ride is that ??

-Bug-

"I am out of palatine and have helped out with steward elections"

Red,

My bad.... I assumed you were a steward, or at least a full-time employee. Not that there is anything wrong, with being part-time.

-Bug-
ANT i am a steward and a full time package car driver with 15 years with UPS. Now you know about me, what industry are you in?

Please beg Jimmy to run in the next election! Rumor has it we will retire before we can show him the curb! Say it ain't so!

tieguy

Banned
Tie, the palatine feeder group has a real bad reputation. Everyone in the area calls it the palace. That's because alot of them cut there own side deals and only worry about themselves. Don't believe me? Just ask anyone from the Chicago area.

And it sucks because we have alot of very good drivers that are labeled this because of a few.

thats not always a bad thing Red. You clearly get a lot of enjoyment out of the labor game and butting heads with management. Some people enjoy going to work and having a good working relationship with those they work with including management.

705red

Browncafe Steward
thats not always a bad thing Red. You clearly get a lot of enjoyment out of the labor game and butting heads with management. Some people enjoy going to work and having a good working relationship with those they work with including management.
I only get enjoyment out of righting a wrong. The whole labor game is a JOKE! Threatening peoples jobs, harassment, stealing money out of their pockets, that's your management game. Someone need to stand up for those that cant! Why not me?

I don't know many that have a good working relationship anymore. Busting routes, sending people home working those of us 11 and 12 hours a day that do work.

Crap even managers cannot make decisions anymore.

tieguy

Banned
I only get enjoyment out of righting a wrong. The whole labor game is a JOKE! Threatening peoples jobs, harassment, stealing money out of their pockets, that's your management game. Someone need to stand up for those that cant! Why not me?

I don't know many that have a good working relationship anymore. Busting routes, sending people home working those of us 11 and 12 hours a day that do work.

Crap even managers cannot make decisions anymore.

I don't know brudder I see a lot of enjoyment on your part causing heartache and mayhem.

There are many teamsters who come to work and need none or very little support from the union.

Many of the teamsters will ask for your support when they need it.

But many that you do not speak for just want to come to work, do the job and go home without all the extra grief at work.

You're definitely not one of those and I'm not sure you relate to or represent them?

bobups3

Your company seniority is also protecting you from layoff-please see Art. 44.4 (pg 151). Look around, haven't you noticed your brothers & sisters with more classification (feeder) seniority, but less company seniority, forced to bump into:

1. other barns in the Tri-District
  2. Package
  3. 22.3 combo
  4. split shifting inside
Have any feeder drivers been layed off at cache and have any that have been layed off been allowed to bump into cache?

bobups3

So 705red isn't it Steve's job to make sure that the guys he drove with in palatine are not allowed to make side deals, or becuase he drove with some of those guys does steve just overlook it. and didn't Palatine feeder have that rep when Steve was there as a feeder driver?

705red

Browncafe Steward
So 705red isn't it Steve's job to make sure that the guys he drove with in palatine are not allowed to make side deals, or becuase he drove with some of those guys does steve just overlook it. and didn't Palatine feeder have that rep when Steve was there as a feeder driver?
Steve didn't drive feeder out of palatine. He was out of addison. Care to put your foot in your mouth some more?