Teamster leader awarded labor leader of the year

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your company seniority is also protecting you from layoff-please see Art. 44.4 (pg 151). Look around, haven't you noticed your brothers & sisters with more classification (feeder) seniority, but less company seniority, forced to bump into:

1. other barns in the Tri-District
  2. Package
  3. 22.3 combo
  4. split shifting inside
Have any feeder drivers been layed off at cache and have any that have been layed off been allowed to bump into cache?
Yes! And Yes!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
i am a steward and a full time package car driver with 15 years with UPS. Now you know about me, what industry are you in?

Congratulations on being a Union Steward Red....

Its a thankless job.... and only gets worse as you move up....

Trust me on this one.:wink2:

But, to answer your question, I'll put it in perspective....

If you have been there 15 yrs.... Then I was driving for Brown when you were probably in grade school. :happy2:

-Bug-

Teamsters to Dumb to Understand

705red

Browncafe Steward
Congratulations on being a Union Steward Red....

Its a thankless job.... and only gets worse as you move up....

Trust me on this one.:wink2:

Your absolutely right. It can be a thankless job, some say you didn't do enough and sometimes you just have to tell someone that what they think is a grievance is not.

But that's why only good steward do it day in and out. You have stewards that are in the companies pocket and you have to cover their areas to.

But i wouldn't stop being a steward because of this, because every now and then when you get someone that was wrongfully terminated back to work, that itself is reward enough.

But, to answer your question, I'll put it in perspective....

If you have been there 15 yrs.... Then I was driving for Brown when you were probably in grade school. :happy2:

-Bug-
I will give you respect for being a UPS driver over 20 years ago! It was not an easy job back then and I will thank you for being a Teamster UPS driver during it.

However being a driver today is alot harder then back when I was in grade school. The stops per day are alot higher, we now deliver over 70lbs and up to 150lbs. The workdays are longer and the management people you had back then were old school and knew how to treat people, not anymore.

But we will have to agree to disagree on Hoffa. When management boasts about Hoffa and slams TDU, what does that tell you?

Hoffa has negotiated two contracts for UPS, both sub par agreements. He allowed the merger of Yellow, Roadway, Holland and Penn to combine the largest union trucking companies in to one company. Now YRC is on the verge of going under and taking 10s of thousands of Teamsters with it.

Hoffa has failed in very aspect and will go down as the WORST Teamster leader of all time!

Hoffa's legacy is he unionized OVERNITE, if he would not have blown the strike years back, maybe UPSers would not have had to make concessions in their contracts to have UPS hand Freight over willingly!

I only hope that he decides to run again so he can actually see how disappointed we are with him!

He allowed the merger of Yellow, Roadway, Holland and Penn to combine the largest union trucking companies in to one company.

Please forgive my ignorance red, but why would Hoffa have any authority to stop a merger of any company? Isn't that only between the company boards, shareholders, and anti-trust regulators?