Teamsters Endorse OBAMA

UPS Lifer

OMFG! LMAO! I wonder how many people here know what that is from. Absolutely hilarious Hoax. You may not be as "out of the loop" as mike would have us believe.

Big Dan was the man! How many times do you wish you could say that to someone!

I still like Toonces the Driving Cat! and Hey! Mr. Bill!
and How about those Cone Heads! I think some of them have infiltrating DC!

mikestrek

YOU were the first one in the thread to bring up abortion and taxes! Check your second post. You're trolling us.

Why won't you answer my questions?

Why aren't you supporting the candidate whos family EMPLOYS Union people?

Why did a Democratic President (our friend, right?) pass the most anti- union act in history?

How many Union employees does Obama employ?
over9five, First of all Republicans were pushing NAFTA long before President Clinton. President Clinton Finaly compromised and voted for the Republican legislation. I don't know if you noticed but most all Democrats want to repeal NAFTA including myself. Republicans said it was a good thing, We believed them, It was wrong. Now we have to "CHAMGE" it.
McCain suports the UNION? What Planet are you from?

over9five, Listen to your favorite conservative radio show tomorrow morning and name one Republican that suports any UNION?

I can't believe you would even challenge me as to who suports UNIONS? Demz or Repubz? Even my Republican buddies tell me they wish Republicans would suport our UNIONS.

Throw another Republican out at me other than Mccain, I wish he had UNION members taking care of his 7 homes.

mikestrek

Sarah Palin?
DREWD, Check your facts. As it turns out that was a lie. Sarah Palin has "NEVER" worked for any UNION. That was brought out when she was first brought forward by McCain. That has been proven wrong. Ask the Republican high-ups. but nice try.

Like I said. Name one Republican that Suports any UNION?

UPS Lifer

over9five, First of all Republicans were pushing NAFTA long before President Clinton. President Clinton Finaly compromised and voted for the Republican legislation. I don't know if you noticed but most all Democrats want to repeal NAFTA including myself. Republicans said it was a good thing, We believed them, It was wrong. Now we have to "CHAMGE" it.
McCain suports the UNION? What Planet are you from?

over9five, Listen to your favorite conservative radio show tomorrow morning and name one Republican that suports any UNION?

I can't believe you would even challenge me as to who suports UNIONS? Demz or Repubz? Even my Republican buddies tell me they wish Republicans would suport our UNIONS.

Throw another Republican out at me other than Mccain, I wish he had UNION members taking care of his 7 homes.

Who cares if any Republican supports a union - they support business. You work for a business if the business does well more jobs are created. More jobs are created means MORE UNION JOBS! Do we have to spell it out for Y---O---U!

Again - NObama will rescind the Bush tax cut which will hurt every American - every business and every union. Take that healthcare promise and see how much more food it is going to put on the table for you.

Mr. Chicago is backed by the Teamsters . Hmmmmm!

Kennedy was backed by the Teamsters also and look where it got him! God rest his soul! AND if you think I am trying to show a parallel to the mafia for BO you bet I am!

mikestrek

Who cares if any Republican supports a union - they support business. You work for a business if the business does well more jobs are created. More jobs are created means MORE UNION JOBS! Do we have to spell it out for Y---O---U!

Again - NObama will rescind the Bush tax cut which will hurt every American - every business and every union. Take that healthcare promise and see how much more food it is going to put on the table for you.

Mr. Chicago is backed by the Teamsters . Hmmmmm!

Kennedy was backed by the Teamsters also and look where it got him! God rest his soul! AND if you think I am trying to show a parallel to the mafia for BO you bet I am!
ups lifer, You just keep on believeing that. In fact, You should suport the Conservative Republican party and work for Non-Union Fed-ex, Oh! But then you couldn't have your cake and eat it to. I'll bet you enjoy the pay and benefits the UNION has worked it's tail end off for you. Next your going to tell me we all would have had the pay and benefits we enjoy even if we never had a UNION. Well, tell Fed-Ex drivers that. Now you know why Fed-ex wants to go UNION. oh! And didn't you read the profit reports of both Fed-Ex and UPS? There both still making $BILLIONS$ I just say a fair days pay for a fair days work. Both sides are happy.

Now you know why I suport TEAMSTERS.

GEEZ, Talk about bite the hand that feeds you.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Sounds like your one of those who believe the union is in it just to protect you. Fact is they want to increase your dues-ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. If you believe the union you must have voted for one of the worse contracts ever at ups.

Overpaid Union Thug

The gap between the rich and poor is widening. I agree with that. BUT WAIT! Its because more people have moved up out of the middle class and into the upper middle class/upper class then have gone down to the lower class. Feel free to fact check that on the IRS website or anywhere else where such information can be found. So, you see.....under a republican administration there is more opportunity to be successful. Under a democrat administration we are all generally held back from moving up because so much emphasis put into coddling the lower class. In other words....people with little or no initiative and no goals get carried through life at the expense of the people that work hard and smart and make wise decisions. There is less personal responsibility. OBama will bring more of this to the table.

mikestrek

Sounds like your one of those who believe the union is in it just to protect you. Fact is they want to increase your dues-ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. If you believe the union you must have voted for one of the worse contracts ever at ups.
10 2 go, Actualy, I'm one of those guys that studies history and you may recall back in the early 1900's big corporations would tell there employees, "Your lucky to just have a job". Big Corporations would make Millions of dollars. Yet pay there employees pennies, Not to mention the poor working conditions. You see, believe it or not some corporations see money coming in and sometimes want more. Not just for profit but also for greed. Finaly organized Labor steped in (UNIONS) and said "enough is enough" Let's let the big corporations continue to make millions but let's be fair and pay an employee a fair days pay for a fair days work.

The reason we still have UNIONS is to keep up with the balance of power. Look at the company greed today. OH! and CEO's still walked away from there big corporations with millions.

The thing to do now for big corporations is throw your hands in the air and move your company overseas so you can once again pay pennies to your employees and make even more profit (GREED).

10 2 GO, I know you enjoy the pay and benefits you have but I'll bet you have no idea about the men and women that came before you that went out on strike and risked it all so you could have a fair days work for a fair days pay. If you study history, You'll notice why I'm Pro-Union and why I suport those that suport unions.

mikestrek

The gap between the rich and poor is widening. I agree with that. BUT WAIT! Its because more people have moved up out of the middle class and into the upper middle class/upper class then have gone down to the lower class. Feel free to fact check that on the IRS website or anywhere else where such information can be found. So, you see.....under a republican administration there is more opportunity to be successful. Under a democrat administration we are all generally held back from moving up because so much emphasis put into coddling the lower class. In other words....people with little or no initiative and no goals get carried through life at the expense of the people that work hard and smart and make wise decisions. There is less personal responsibility. OBama will bring more of this to the table.
And, I have a "Bridge to nowhere to sell you".

UPS Lifer

ups lifer, You just keep on believeing that. In fact, You should suport the Conservative Republican party and work for Non-Union Fed-ex, Oh! But then you couldn't have your cake and eat it to. I'll bet you enjoy the pay and benefits the UNION has worked it's tail end off for you. Next your going to tell me we all would have had the pay and benefits we enjoy even if we never had a UNION. Well, tell Fed-Ex drivers that. Now you know why Fed-ex wants to go UNION. oh! And didn't you read the profit reports of both Fed-Ex and UPS? There both still making $ I just say a fair days pay for a fair days work. Both sides are happy.

Now you know why I suport TEAMSTERS.

GEEZ, Talk about bite the hand that feeds you.

Mike - Not only do I have my cake, it's made with the ingredients I choose, and baked the way I want it with the frosting I like....then I have someone feed it to me and take the plate away when I am done.

Never did say anything about pay and benefits. But you can strangle a company if you squeeze to hard!

UPS Lifer

10 2 go, Actualy, I'm one of those guys that studies history and you may recall back in the early 1900's big corporations would tell there employees, "Your lucky to just have a job". Big Corporations would make Millions of dollars. Yet pay there employees pennies, Not to mention the poor working conditions. You see, believe it or not some corporations see money coming in and sometimes want more. Not just for profit but also for greed. Finaly organized Labor steped in (UNIONS) and said "enough is enough" Let's let the big corporations continue to make millions but let's be fair and pay an employee a fair days pay for a fair days work.

The reason we still have UNIONS is to keep up with the balance of power. Look at the company greed today. OH! and CEO's still walked away from there big corporations with millions.

The thing to do now for big corporations is throw your hands in the air and move your company overseas so you can once again pay pennies to your employees and make even more profit (GREED).

10 2 GO, I know you enjoy the pay and benefits you have but I'll bet you have no idea about the men and women that came before you that went out on strike and risked it all so you could have a fair days work for a fair days pay. If you study history, You'll notice why I'm Pro-Union and why I suport those that suport unions.

WOW - talk about looking backward! The horse was the main form of transportation! Now it all makes sense.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dearest mike

i see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. maybe that is why you swallered insteada spit?

DANNYBOY, Well, work for (NON-UNION) Fed-Ex and perhaps you'll see the difference between a UNION's fair days pay and benefits and a Non-Union's fair days pay. and both companys still make billions.

I hope that helps dannyboy but next time throw a tougher question at me.

Mike
The reason it was so easy for you to answer is that you didn’t. you obamaesed the questions with generalities and teamster double language that really does not mean a dang thing, instead of actual numbers. So to give you a clue as to what the question was, let me repost it for your convienence, with the actual part I was asking for bolded and underlined for your convienence.

how much is a fair days pay? give me a number. what should min wage be, number please? what types of bennies should an employer have to pay for for each employee.

d

Now, in addition to your diatribe on union looking out for members. Let me ask this

1. Do part timers belong in the union. If not, why not. If so, lets go to part two

2. if they belong to, and pay union dues, are they not in the majority of ups employees under the contract with the teamsters? a teamster group much more numerous than full time employees. So under the current contract, the union gave the shaft to a majority of its members (and potential members), the part timers, for as far as we can see, so that the drivers could make more?

3. So why is it that the union that takes dues out of the paychecks of its members managed to sell out that large chunk of members in the current contract? Why is it they agreed to keep the starting wage a couple of bucks above the published min wage, but in reality a starting wage that is much less than the starting wage at wendies, and they have bennies that start after the first week? And this from the same union you say looks out for the best interests of its members? Which members? I would figure they would want all the members treated the same, but now lookie, we have two or three classes of union members, don’t we? Some that are now getting a better contract at the expense of others?

4. in addition to your post on the numbers asked for above, I am assuming that you would also want anyone doing a job anywhere close to what we do to make what you do? If not, give me a number that would fit the jobs say of a garbage collector, slaughterhouse worker, lineman for the electric company, general labor digging ditches. And again, numbers please

as for the current president, yes, he is at best a great disapointment to the country. in some areas he has done his job. in others, he has mismanaged the country so badly, in historybooks of the future, he could go down as one of the worst, even worse than carter.

yes, he inherited a lot of what we have now. but instead of doing what he was elected to do, it was business as usual at capitol hill. everybody looking out for themselves or those that contribute to them, making billions for those people at the expense of the taxpayer like you and i. and the bailout is another one of those programs by which the rich get richer, and the taxpayer has to dig deeper.

so if this were a real election, i would vote for none of the above, and make them do it again. but alas, that is not one of the choices, so i go palin in the 18th month of the first term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrek
name one Republican that suports any UNION?

Sarah Palin?
DREWD, Check your facts. As it turns out that was a lie. Sarah Palin has "NEVER" worked for any UNION. That was brought out when she was first brought forward by McCain. That has been proven wrong. Ask the Republican high-ups. but nice try.
Like I said. Name one Republican that Suports any UNION?

Again mike, you asked the question as to who supports, not who belongs or works for the union. as i stated, reading comprehension is not your strong suite? so again, you reframe the questions and answers to suit yourself, instead of responding to what has been posted, almost like having a one sided conversation?

no wonder it is so hard to have a converstation with you.

you remind me of a foster child we had once. i would ask if the keys were in the car, and he would respond with something off the wall like "i havent seen the hammer or the bicycle"

d

drewed

Shankman
Those who do not study history are condemed to repeat it.

Just ask Fed-Ex Drivers. (Non-Union)

History really hasnt repeated itself, back in the turn of the 1900s, working conditions were horrible, people were working 6/14s and kids 10 yrs or younger were working hard labor. And people did it because they had to do it.
So comparing fedex to the turn of the century worker is really apples and oranges.

And on the note of minimum wages, who created the federal minimum wage?
Who started all the trust busting so workers could get a fair days pay for a fair days work? Who started commercial and industrial regulations to protect the worker?.......