Teamsters Endorse OBAMA

705red

Browncafe Steward
Who cares if any Republican supports a union - they support business. You work for a business if the business does well more jobs are created. More jobs are created means MORE UNION JOBS! Do we have to spell it out for Y---O---U!

Again - NObama will rescind the Bush tax cut which will hurt every American - every business and every union. Take that healthcare promise and see how much more food it is going to put on the table for you.

Mr. Chicago is backed by the Teamsters . Hmmmmm!

Kennedy was backed by the Teamsters also and look where it got him! God rest his soul! AND if you think I am trying to show a parallel to the mafia for BO you bet I am!
So out of line! You have a reputation of being a pretty good poster. The sad thing is most of that reputation has just been thown out the window!

mikestrek

Dearest mike

i see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. maybe that is why you swallered insteada spit?

The reason it was so easy for you to answer is that you didn’t. you obamaesed the questions with generalities and teamster double language that really does not mean a dang thing, instead of actual numbers. So to give you a clue as to what the question was, let me repost it for your convienence, with the actual part I was asking for bolded and underlined for your convienence.

Now, in addition to your diatribe on union looking out for members. Let me ask this

1. Do part timers belong in the union. If not, why not. If so, lets go to part two

2. if they belong to, and pay union dues, are they not in the majority of ups employees under the contract with the teamsters? a teamster group much more numerous than full time employees. So under the current contract, the union gave the shaft to a majority of its members (and potential members), the part timers, for as far as we can see, so that the drivers could make more?

3. So why is it that the union that takes dues out of the paychecks of its members managed to sell out that large chunk of members in the current contract? Why is it they agreed to keep the starting wage a couple of bucks above the published min wage, but in reality a starting wage that is much less than the starting wage at wendies, and they have bennies that start after the first week? And this from the same union you say looks out for the best interests of its members? Which members? I would figure they would want all the members treated the same, but now lookie, we have two or three classes of union members, don’t we? Some that are now getting a better contract at the expense of others?

4. in addition to your post on the numbers asked for above, I am assuming that you would also want anyone doing a job anywhere close to what we do to make what you do? If not, give me a number that would fit the jobs say of a garbage collector, slaughterhouse worker, lineman for the electric company, general labor digging ditches. And again, numbers please

as for the current president, yes, he is at best a great disapointment to the country. in some areas he has done his job. in others, he has mismanaged the country so badly, in historybooks of the future, he could go down as one of the worst, even worse than carter.

yes, he inherited a lot of what we have now. but instead of doing what he was elected to do, it was business as usual at capitol hill. everybody looking out for themselves or those that contribute to them, making billions for those people at the expense of the taxpayer like you and i. and the bailout is another one of those programs by which the rich get richer, and the taxpayer has to dig deeper.

so if this were a real election, i would vote for none of the above, and make them do it again. but alas, that is not one of the choices, so i go palin in the 18th month of the first term.

Again mike, you asked the question as to who supports, not who belongs or works for the union. as i stated, reading comprehension is not your strong suite? so again, you reframe the questions and answers to suit yourself, instead of responding to what has been posted, almost like having a one sided conversation?

no wonder it is so hard to have a converstation with you.

you remind me of a foster child we had once. i would ask if the keys were in the car, and he would respond with something off the wall like "i havent seen the hammer or the bicycle"

d
Dannyboy, You said a lot here and It sounds like your set in your ways. I won't try to change that because of the old saying "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". You saked for a specific number and I tried to give you the example of UPS and Fed-ex, Perhaps your just trying to stump me. However, we all know numbers should be negotiated. You know, Like our UPS contract. Yes, every company is different.

Should part-timers be included in the union? Of Course. I've been with the company 24 yeras and my firts 4 years at UPS I was a part-timer. I was UNION, no problems. I'm now full time and I'm Union.

and I was just starting this thread to request Teamsters to vote for OBAMA. As you know the Teamsters endorsed OBAMA and I'm a Teamster, I'm just spreading the good word. If you wish to vote for McCain. That's your thing but if you debate me I will respond. Look at my first post it was just a simple endorsement of Obama.

I think you know exactly where I stand. I'm a proud Democrat and a proud employee of UPS and a pround member of the Teamsters and yes I to push working class causes. I hope that clears that up.

Your comment does cover a lot and thanks for your input, I'm not trying to tick you off I'm just responding to comments and trying to answer questions regarding the teamsters endorsement of Obama. No big deal.

over9five

Staff member
Mikestrek, I'll ask you for the THIRD TIME!!!

Why won't you support a candidate who through his family actually EMPLOYS union workers???

Why won't Obama REPEAL NAFTA, the most ANTI-UNION act in the history of mankind??? (brought to you by DEMOCRAT Bill Clinton)

Why does Mikestrek offend good union workers by campaigning for Obama instead of a man whos family EMPLOYS union workers??? This is the typical case of dumb sheep biting off the hand that feeds them! We should be supporting union employers THAT PAY US!

Why do you say that Republicans brought up the abortion theme WHEN IT WAS YOU in your second post?

MIKESTREK is a troll, pure and simple.

UPS Lifer

So out of line! You have a reputation of being a pretty good poster. The sad thing is most of that reputation has just been thown out the window!

I guess it depends on what you want to believe about a certain organized crime operation supporting Kennedy. Then you have the attorney general (Bobby) spitting in their face and going after them after the election.

I am from Chicago - I am not going to tell you what kind of ties I have other than these facts. My parents lived below Al Capone's brother and he threw me up in the air as a baby. My uncle ran for Congress in 1948 on the Dewey ticket for Cook County. My cousin was a district attorney. I know all about the Daley political machine - Father and Son!

My info is 2nd hand. It is not off the internet!
Whether or not you believe it to be true is up to you and I will not disrespect your opinion. But I believe it to be true based on my powerful unnamed sources. I will not be any more clear than that.

I pretended not to listen as a kid and heard a lot of things I should not have heard. I was able to put two and two together.

Read between the lines AND both sides of the coin.

mikestrek

And Im a proud UPSer, but a prouder American

For God and Country!
Drewd, Spare me the emotions. I don't know if you know it but we're all Proud Americans. That goes without saying.

Or, let me guess. Only Conservative Republicans can be Proud Americans.

Nice try but that boat dont float nomore.

Let's get proud of our Soldiers and get them out of Iraq. Remember? There were NO WMD's.

drewed

Shankman
Drewd, Spare me the emotions. I don't know if you know it but we're all Proud Americans. That goes without saying.

Im not debating whos a prouder American, but you put the teamsters ahead of all else when you talk....

UPS Lifer

Nice try but that boat dont float nomore.

Let's get proud of our Soldiers and get them out of Iraq. Remember? There were NO WMD's.

Mike, Here is the deal - We are going to have to keep troops in Iraq as a strategic position. If we pull out totally, we will collapse the region. This is not in our interest. We all want to get out of there but the region is not stable and your safety in America will be jeopardized. Don't talk to me about the troops - my son is a Marine.

My point to this is BO will have to continue to back pedal on this pulling the troops out. We will continue to tell you what you want to hear but in the end he will not pull all troops out. We will maintain a presence there just like Germany Japan etc! You are only fooling yourself if you believe all the troops are coming home on a "timetable"!!!

This is plain ignorance of our strategic goals to enhance the safety of Americans at home and abroad as well as our alliances with other countries.

mikestrek

Are you telling us W lied?
NYUPSER, You hit the nail on the head. But SHHHHH, We don't want anyone to hear that. It could make "W" look bad. And then we would all find out our fine US Soldiers are dying for nothing.

I say pull our soldiers out YESTERDAY. Obama can't get in soon enough. Respect our US Soldiers and get them out of IRAQ NOW.

One of your own Repupublicans once said (Ronald Reagan) "Are you better off now than you were four years ago. (In our case bush had 8).

Why yes, I am better off now than I was 4 and 8 years ago. But you sound ignorant asking about 8 years ago because the last election was only 4 years ago.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
mike

i find it interesting you will not answer specific questions with specific answers. much like you dems say palin is doing. but i think it runs deeper than that.

unless it is a blurb that sounds good, and is under 2 seconds long, most dems can not remember why they vote the way they vote. most, like you are single issue voters. the teamsters said to, they are pro choice, anti gun, pro gay, environmental issues, and the list is wide and varried.

but ask serious questions about how they will fix things, and the answer is just like yours. no commitment to any serious issues, only that the goobermetn or the union will take care of you. ask central states how that worked out. and i still dont get how you think the teamsters are pro joe, when they, not ups figured out that the part timers were expendable this contract. Can you read that mike, the teamsters, not ups, figured out that the part time ups employee was expendable to the contract. maybe that is why they are quitting the union in droves, and new signups are not there. at least where they have a choice.

funny, only in states where an employee does not have a choice.......why would that be if the teamsters were such a good bunch of guys that offer so much to the working class joe?

and that same union that sold the part timers out this contract is not capable of selling you out later on? why not?

and most if not all of the dems want more gooberment regulations to go along with the 27 billion pages of rules and regulations we already have. sure, put more power into the hands of those that have proven not to be trustworthy.

my personal view is that we can learn a lot from the chinese. not too long ago, there was a politician that skimmed money off the dam project over there, millions. they had his trial, his apeal. when it was proven he was guilty, two days later they passed out the judgement.

maybe if instead of rewarding crooks by letting them go (did you realize clinton pardoned one of the forbes 400 guys after he ran out on his bail after being found guilty of corruption and fraud) or rewarding them will million dollar salaries, but instead a firing squad? maybe they will think twice?

i am totally afraid of obamas ideals. outside of that, i would vote for him in a second. the second choice is not much better. I am just glad bush is not running again.

i still take palin in 18 months.

d

Oh! Hedley, Bush never did catch OSAMA did he? Oh! and there were never any WMD's Can you imagine if a democrat blew it and still let american soldiers Die in Iraq.

Relax, OBAMA will get us out of that war. and suport the Teamsters

There was 500 tons of yellow cake.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i guess mike also forgot it was clinton that said the intel that bush had, and clinton had as well, was the same, there were WMD's. with the intel they both had, w made some choices. and congress voted in favor of said excursion into the middle east. but then some, after giving their blessings turned the story around AFTER we put people on the ground and disrupted the status quo. but as an aftermath, we all found out what the result of hamstringing our intel comunity can be. as mike stated, we found no wmd's. but it was the incorrect intel that bush had, and clinton said he witnessed that caused the original issue. ps, might i add both clintons claim to have seen that intel, not just wild bill

so while mike convienently forgets the whole truth of the matter, he is correct in establishing that as a president, bush has strayed away from what got him elected, and ventured into areas that got daddy unemployed.

d

drewd, Honestly, I would say "WHY"?

IF were talking just about UNIONS and labor suport. Democrats have a clear record of suporting UNIONS. Republican Ronald Reagan told airline employees to return from strike or lose your jobs. Democrat Bill clinton let the UPS strike work its self out and we got more full time jobs. Remember those part time jobs?

Listen to any Conservative republican radio show in the morning and UNIONS are in the same class as the devil.

Teamsters did endorse OBAMA NOT McCain. If they did I would ask why? and please back it up.

Can you back up anything any republican is doing today for any union?

So are you saying that police and firefighters should be allowed to strike? And why can't a union support itself?

mikestrek

Mike, Here is the deal - We are going to have to keep troops in Iraq as a strategic position. If we pull out totally, we will collapse the region. This is not in our interest. We all want to get out of there but the region is not stable and your safety in America will be jeopardized. Don't talk to me about the troops - my son is a Marine.

My point to this is BO will have to continue to back pedal on this pulling the troops out. We will continue to tell you what you want to hear but in the end he will not pull all troops out. We will maintain a presence there just like Germany Japan etc! You are only fooling yourself if you believe all the troops are coming home on a "timetable"!!!

This is plain ignorance of our strategic goals to enhance the safety of Americans at home and abroad as well as our alliances with other countries.

NO DEAL UPSLIFER, I say pull our fine troops YESTERDAY. I know the Bush folks like to talk about the "SURGE" but the war should have never happened in the first place and there wouldn't have to be a "SURGE".

Yes, Now there will always have to be a small group of US Soldiers in the region to keep an eye on things. However, I say pull all soldiers but that small group.

I have a nephew in Iraq and two of his letters to my sister state that he can't wait a day longer for OBAMA to get in office so they can get the he@# out of there.

BTW, My nephew has said that the majority of guys in his regament are voting for ObAMA, yes, our soldiers will be voting also. He said he hears that in the states they say that all the troops are republican. That's not true.

Actualy, I have two nephews in the Navy and the army. I wrote them both a letter and gave it to my sisters and told them I would work my :censored2: OFF to get OBAMA elected and get those boys out of there.

Sorry UPSLIFER but unless your saying pull our fine troops now, I'm going right around you.

I say pull them YESTERDAY and don't tell me anything about raising a white flag. This war should have never happened and you don't know how proud I am of our troops.

Like I said, I'm gonna work my tail end off to get those boys pulled from IRAQ.

over9five

Staff member
And then we would all find out our fine US Soldiers are dying for nothing.

OK, that was the final straw. What an extremely offensive, anti-American remark.
No American who EVER died in the service of their country died "for nothing".
What a horrible disrespectful thing to say. You owe this board, and every American serviceman/woman an apology. I think maybe you should shut your mouth for a while and think about the garbage you just spewed.
Moronic comments like that make me sick. I'm done with you, troll.

paidslave

Blame Reagan he ended the Cold War. He had the chance to get rid of Osama too and so did Russia!

Quit blaming Clinton!

Let's get this straight,,,,Your boy Reagan fed the Weapons to the terrorist to fight Russia not Clinton...

" Part of the Soviet failure in Afghanistan was due to the fact that the Reagan administration was feeding billions of dollars in arms to Afghanistan's Islamic resistance"

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Republican Ronald Reagan told airline employees to return from strike or lose your jobs. Democrat Bill clinton let the UPS strike work its self out and we got more full time jobs. Remember those part time jobs?

The traffic control personel are a critical part of aviation. they were not airline employees, they are federal employees. big difference mike. please be truthful when you compare things.

as for the clinton fiasco of not getting the drivers back to work while the strike issues were settled, you really believe the strike actually accomplished something, dont you? how novel.

in actuality, it allowed the head of the teamsters to parade himself around while the economy began to heave. to this day, we lost business that has never come back. and you call that a win?

Btw, was that all those full time jobs that ups never created, because they did not have a need for that many full time jobs? and the loophole ups had not to create the full time jobs they agreed to was bargained for by the teamsters?

Am i saying the teamsters lied? yup. they created a contract to make ups create the full time jobs, only to include lanuage that allows ups not only not to creat all those jobs, but to cut them as well.

so, for two weeks of strike, tell me again how well the teamsters did for the working guys at ups?

d