Teamsters Endorse OBAMA

mikestrek

Mike......

Honestly, what would you say if the IBT endorsed McCain?
drewd, Honestly, I would say "WHY"?

IF were talking just about UNIONS and labor suport. Democrats have a clear record of suporting UNIONS. Republican Ronald Reagan told airline employees to return from strike or lose your jobs. Democrat Bill clinton let the UPS strike work its self out and we got more full time jobs. Remember those part time jobs?

Listen to any Conservative republican radio show in the morning and UNIONS are in the same class as the devil.

Teamsters did endorse OBAMA NOT McCain. If they did I would ask why? and please back it up.

Can you back up anything any republican is doing today for any union?

Overpaid Union Thug

drewd, Honestly, I would say "WHY"?

IF were talking just about UNIONS and labor suport. Democrats have a clear record of suporting UNIONS. Republican Ronald Reagan told airline employees to return from strike or lose your jobs. Democrat Bill clinton let the UPS strike work its self out and we got more full time jobs. Remember those part time jobs?

Listen to any Conservative republican radio show in the morning and UNIONS are in the same class as the devil.

Teamsters did endorse OBAMA NOT McCain. If they did I would ask why? and please back it up.

Can you back up anything any republican is doing today for any union?

Republicans aren't here to do anything for "your union." And believe it or not neither should the democrats. You leftists will never understand how life works and how it works best until you ditch the entitlement attitudes that you let rule your emotions and every day lives.

drewed

Shankman
Apparently is was almost an option, they waited a LONG time to think about it and make an endorsment, all the other unions made theirs months ago.

Mike, did you want to fly during the strike? They were federal employees, and they were hindering infrastructure while on strike.

And on liberal media big business is the devil, without big business you wouldnt have a job and there wouldnt be a union.

mikestrek

Hard to believe this hasn't been moved to the current events forum.
Big arrow up, You wish this would so nobody else will read it and have a clear reason to suport TEAMSTERS and OBAMA.

Sounds like Republicans that DON'T want poor people to vote because they may accidently vote Democrat.

THIS is a fair thread that discuses our TEAMSTERS union and UPS and who will suport the Teamsters in the next election. So you can see big arrow up, Not all think just like you.

drewed

Shankman
Actually it has nothing to do with UPS, it was an endorsement by a labor group for a political cause so it really should be in the current events.

Overpaid Union Thug

Mike, did you want to fly during the strike? They were federal employees, and they were hindering infrastructure while on strike.

Even the most liberal minded, die hard union man should have realized that.

And on liberal media big business is the devil, without big business you wouldnt have a job and there wouldnt be a union.

Some people will RARELY understand this. The funny thing is that even when a liberal comes to understand this there is no moment of clarity because they immediately sense the paradox in the matter. They hate big busines....but work for big business? So they need big business to prosper? Hmmm....dilemma dilemma!

mikestrek

WOW - talk about looking backward! The horse was the main form of transportation! Now it all makes sense.
UPS LIFER, Sarah Palin tried that "LOOKING BACK" thing in her debate. There is only one reason she does not want you to look back. It's because she does not want you to see what happened over the last eight (8) years with BUSH and the Republicans

YET. One of your own Repupublicans once said (Ronald Reagan) "Are you better off now than you were four years ago. (In our case bush had 8).

But nice try, pushing the don't look back thing.

drewed

Shankman
Some people will RARELY understand this. The funny thing is that even when a liberal comes to understand this there is no moment of clarity because they immediately sense the paradox in the matter. They hate big busines....but work for big business? So they need big business to prosper? Hmmm....dilemma dilemma!

So Mike do you get it? Youre a hypocrite come back when youve laid off the koolaid for a bit ok?

Hedley_Lamarr

Even the most liberal minded, die hard union man should have realized that.

Liberals are great at telling us all what's good for us, and what we should do/think......Sound familiar...

mikestrek

I'd sooner vote for OSAMA...

Obama Biden. They should put a bin in between...Obama-bin-Biden...
Oh! Hedley, Bush never did catch OSAMA did he? Oh! and there were never any WMD's Can you imagine if a democrat blew it and still let american soldiers Die in Iraq.

Relax, OBAMA will get us out of that war. and suport the Teamsters

Hedley_Lamarr

Oh! Hedley, Bush never did catch OSAMA did he? Oh! and there were never any WMD's Can you imagine if a democrat blew it and still let american soldiers Die in Iraq.

Relax, OBAMA will get us out of that war. and suport the Teamsters
Has he told anybody just WHAT his plan IS to get us out of that war???:confused2:

mikestrek

So Mike do you get it? Youre a hypocrite come back when youve laid off the koolaid for a bit ok?
DREWED, my mind is clear and I feel great and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T start trying to correcct my spelling when your proven wrong. Geez that's getting so old oh! did I spell Correct, Correctly?

drewed

Shankman
DREWED, my mind is clear and I feel great and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T start trying to correcct my spelling when your proven wrong. Geez that's getting so old oh! did I spell Correct, Correctly?

:censored2::censored2::censored2: are you talking about?
I think your mind is less clear then you think it maybe....

outamyway

Dearest mike

i see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. maybe that is why you swallered insteada spit?

The reason it was so easy for you to answer is that you didn’t. you obamaesed the questions with generalities and teamster double language that really does not mean a dang thing, instead of actual numbers. So to give you a clue as to what the question was, let me repost it for your convienence, with the actual part I was asking for bolded and underlined for your convienence.

Now, in addition to your diatribe on union looking out for members. Let me ask this

1. Do part timers belong in the union. If not, why not. If so, lets go to part two

2. if they belong to, and pay union dues, are they not in the majority of ups employees under the contract with the teamsters? a teamster group much more numerous than full time employees. So under the current contract, the union gave the shaft to a majority of its members (and potential members), the part timers, for as far as we can see, so that the drivers could make more?

3. So why is it that the union that takes dues out of the paychecks of its members managed to sell out that large chunk of members in the current contract? Why is it they agreed to keep the starting wage a couple of bucks above the published min wage, but in reality a starting wage that is much less than the starting wage at wendies, and they have bennies that start after the first week? And this from the same union you say looks out for the best interests of its members? Which members? I would figure they would want all the members treated the same, but now lookie, we have two or three classes of union members, don’t we? Some that are now getting a better contract at the expense of others?

4. in addition to your post on the numbers asked for above, I am assuming that you would also want anyone doing a job anywhere close to what we do to make what you do? If not, give me a number that would fit the jobs say of a garbage collector, slaughterhouse worker, lineman for the electric company, general labor digging ditches. And again, numbers please

as for the current president, yes, he is at best a great disapointment to the country. in some areas he has done his job. in others, he has mismanaged the country so badly, in historybooks of the future, he could go down as one of the worst, even worse than carter.

yes, he inherited a lot of what we have now. but instead of doing what he was elected to do, it was business as usual at capitol hill. everybody looking out for themselves or those that contribute to them, making billions for those people at the expense of the taxpayer like you and i. and the bailout is another one of those programs by which the rich get richer, and the taxpayer has to dig deeper.

so if this were a real election, i would vote for none of the above, and make them do it again. but alas, that is not one of the choices, so i go palin in the 18th month of the first term.

Again mike, you asked the question as to who supports, not who belongs or works for the union. as i stated, reading comprehension is not your strong suite? so again, you reframe the questions and answers to suit yourself, instead of responding to what has been posted, almost like having a one sided conversation?

no wonder it is so hard to have a converstation with you.

you remind me of a foster child we had once. i would ask if the keys were in the car, and he would respond with something off the wall like "i havent seen the hammer or the bicycle"

d

He's fallen into the Obama hype unfortunately.

All I see in his speeches is our future Dictator. It probably wouldn't happen(yet) but I bet he'd try.

Danny,

That was a great post about our current contract issues. Though I see it as more like the part timers being expendable to UPS. With enough turn arounds, the amount paid to heath care is going to drop significantly. Sure we'll save some money, but we'll be giving it back to our customers for our complete lack of good "service". Unfortunately, the uppers see the drivers as the "service" providers but the real service starts with the part-timers.

The ones already in the sh#t will have to work even harder to make up for the lack of training, or even lack of employees. Soon it won't be worth it to them either. All they'll care about is the paycheck, not why they are doing the job and who they are doing it for.......Oh wait, that's already happening!

UPS Lifer

ups lifer, You just keep on believeing that. In fact, You should suport the Conservative Republican party and work for Non-Union Fed-ex, Oh! But then you couldn't have your cake and eat it to. I'll bet you enjoy the pay and benefits the UNION has worked it's tail end off for you. Next your going to tell me we all would have had the pay and benefits we enjoy even if we never had a UNION. Well, tell Fed-Ex drivers that. Now you know why Fed-ex wants to go UNION. oh! And didn't you read the profit reports of both Fed-Ex and UPS? There both still making $ I just say a fair days pay for a fair days work. Both sides are happy.

Now you know why I suport TEAMSTERS.

GEEZ, Talk about bite the hand that feeds you.

If Nobama gets into office - I won't have to say a word, your smaller check will be very evident proof of the fact. More money will be withheld because the Bush tax cuts will be rescinded. If you make over $102 K you will keep seeing Payroll Tax of 7% being withheld. This is after Nobama told you that there would be no increase of taxes for those making over $250 K.

Guess what (again do I need to spell it out for you), the repeal of the tax cut means the tax code goes back to Clinton's day. So it can be said that there are NO NEW TAXES. What they don't tell you is that they are rolling the taxes UP UP UP to the original (key word) tax code. This includes Cap Gains and they are UP ing the payroll tax to infinity. 7% for everyone making more than $102 K... There are a lot of Teamsters that fit into that category.

As Sarah Palin would say, Darn it Mike! That is just plain straight talk!

I am doing nothing but look forward!