Union Politics - Teamsters Local President runs opponent over with his car 9/22/15

anHOURover

Granted the guy has no shot to win. He's running independent. But that is his right to run. JS has everyone in the local afraid to run against him. You see what he does of one decides to run!!!

alwaysoverallowed

Granted the guy has no shot to win. He's running independent. But that is his right to run. JS has everyone in the local afraid to run against him. You see what he does of one decides to run!!!
I think nobody runs against him because of who else is on his slate. By running as that slate those guys know that even though we don't like Joe we'll still vote for the slate becuase most of the voting members like the rest of the slate.
I never understood why our members liked Joe? I think it's because he's seen as a good organizer because he's a reminder of the "good old days" but times are different and if we don't change our mentality were not going to survive.

anHOURover

I think nobody runs against him because of who else is on his slate. By running as that slate those guys know that even though we don't like Joe we'll still vote for the slate becuase most of the voting members like the rest of the slate.
I never understood why our members liked Joe? I think it's because he's seen as a good organizer because he's a reminder of the "good old days" but times are different and if we don't change our mentality were not going to survive.
I know what you mean about joe. He put his nose in my locals business. Came to my local and lied to everyone about the contract . He failed and took a NO vote but you know they rest!

alwaysoverallowed

I know what you mean about joe. He put his nose in my locals business. Came to my local and lied to everyone about the contract . He failed and took a NO vote but you know they rest!
Yes I unfortunately know how the contract was passed in the metro Philadelphia members were not told the whole truth and the number of votes didn't add up. I remember there was only a hand full of no votes and I remember talking to atleast that many people that voted no on the contract but somehow it passed. As far as the number of yes votes cast I didn't even know there were that many eligible voters between Ruthar and Harrington.

Spongebob1

Laugh all you want,......

Bringing back a local to the members, they've done some of the things they promised, one was cut salaries

I think they have done quit-well considering they have old stewards and old officers undermining every step of the way,..... and I believe YOU are one of them!

.........js.........

[Bob]