Union Politics - Teamsters Local President runs opponent over with his car 9/22/15

This morning at 8:30am at the UPS on Ruthart Drive,
The President of Teamsters local *, Joe S, used
his vehicle to run over his opponent, Tim D who was
standing at the UPS entrance handing out fliers to be elected
as the new president of the union. Tim D is currently
at Christiana hospital in the emergency room getting treated
for his injuries sustained after being run over by Joe S
intentionally with his vehicle. Do you want Joe S running
your Union from his soon to be prison cell. Tim D is out
there for you guys to keep Joe S from adding more supplements
and riders in your contracts and Joe S got so scared, he used
his car this morning to run him over. Time to elect your next President,
which should be Tim D, the man just ran over and hopefully
making a full recovery from his injuries.

J

jibbs

Holy :censored2:, dude.

That's not my local but I would definitely vote for Tim just on the strength of the fact that I'm not very fond of people getting all murderous when they're behind the wheel.

:censored2:, man, this story's ridiculous if it's true. (I only say "if" because there's no source link here.... you know how it is, I'm sure.)

J

jibbs

Source link, yes I'm going anonymous, wouldn't you? I don't feel like being the next speed bump
to check the tire pressure of Joe S's goons.

Posting an article eliminates anonymity?

"Source," in this case, simply means something other than hearsay. Granted, if it happened ~5hrs ago that might be hard to come by.

Also, I don't doubt you at all. Sounds feasible to me. It's also written in a way that came off as kind of anecdotal, like a story was created to justify an attempt at swaying votes at the last minute.

Again, I don't think you were doing that-- I just like to keep all my bases covered, brutha.

I hope Tim's got a speedy recovery in front of him.

What state did this happen in (if you don't mind me asking?)

[EDIT: Oh man, Delaware?! That's right next door, man, maybe I actually will see it on the news tonight...]

Last edited by a moderator:
He hit him out front of the UPS on Ruthart Drive this morning. Tim is getting an MRI as we speak for
his injuries. Yeah I threw in a little propaganda in the end to rally some support for the guy. Why not?
I think becoming the current President of the union's personal speed bump should qualify Tim D
a little support seeing that Joe S must have been scared of Tim's presence as an opposing force to
take his title.

J

jibbs

Again, I agree with you. I already explained my reasoning for saying what I said.

This Joe S fella doesn't deserve to be in a leadership position at all if this is how he problem-solves.

What exactly does a local president do? I mean, I imagine it's rather important but I can't see how possibly losing the role would cause a person to do something like this.

Think it's a money thing? Like, does the position come with a huge salary or something?

Not saying that the motivation here matters, I'm just curious why someone would covet the position to this extent.

T

Turdferguson

What type of car was he driving? Could make for a good nickname. " Cadillac" Joe., or "Mustang "Joe