Termination Due to Unreported Accident

C

chuchu

Sorry, my comments were taken out of context. By the time my post came up there were several other post in front of the one I was committing on.
No problem. The result of being honest isn't always evident at first.

The people who go the farthest in life arent the ones who cut corners around integrity but the person who makes a mistake, owns it and resolves never to do that again.

That is a person of great worth.
But a liar will never be trusted or truly prosper for the long term.

C

chuchu

Found out today she will be getting her job back tomorrow morning. Two weeks off, time served suspension, no back pay.

Also found out that she did nearly $3,500 worth of damage to the pkg car.
I'm sure she got a new tattoo that reads "God bless the EEOC".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would rather lose my job for an honest mistake than to lose it for lying and ruin your reputation. What is your reputation worth?

Life Isn't all about money. you can always make money or find another job. But you cannot always restore your reputation.

9 times out of 10 you would not lose your job over an honest mistake.

9 times out of 10 you would lose it if you lie.

We have a new center manager who replaced one who was fired for, among other things, fudging numbers. He is from the local area and his reputation has certainly taken a big hit.

C

chuchu

9 times out of 10 you would not lose your job over an honest mistake.

9 times out of 10 you would lose it if you lie.

We have a new center manager who replaced one who was fired for, among other things, fudging numbers. He is from the local area and his reputation has certainly taken a big hit.
9 times out of 10 the EEOC numbers have EVERY THING to do with decisions. Don't you ever forget it.

Ouch

So listening to you about being honest is about like me buying ocean front property in Arizona. I mean scanning an eam before leaving the building so it will not show late, that's about as honest as it gets. So your also saying with your 9 out of 10 you will probably get fired for the dishonest action.

Ouch

I would rather lose my job for an honest mistake than to lose it for lying and ruin your reputation. What is your reputation worth?

Life Isn't all about money. you can always make money or find another job. But you cannot always restore your reputation.
The only thing I have is my word. They can take everything else, but they can't take my word.

Ouch

This thread is about being honest and upfront; however, when that ship has sailed, it is never too late to bring it back to shore.
As many times as you have posted about the dreaded eam you want to say you started a thread about honesty. Have you turned over a new leaf for the new year?