Termination for Off the Clock Harassment

W

What The Hawk?

I work at a center in WA state. Which center did you work at? I will read this all when I get home. Lol

GenericUsername

You know, sounds to me like he was a major dbag. If it were me, I'd talk with your steward and get a pad of blue sheets. File on everything. Become a colossal pain in their ass to the point that they just leave you alone. It worked for me. Last week I wasn't using the scanners as I loaded and got into it with the FT Preload Sup. I wasn't using them due to the flow being too heavy and they shoved 20k down our throats in 3 hours. He threatened to write me up for it. I told him the second he commits to that I'm turning off the belt until we're 100% compliant with our training (egress, overweights, etc). Dude wanted to play hardball and I started doing it. Every over 70 on the belt I shut it off and made sure I helped, or someone else helped. 32 package cars were on our belt, so if there wasn't 30 inches of egress, belt off. Overweight - belt off. I'm in small sort now with the easiest day I can imagine. Only took a few shifts.

The previous FT sup didn't back down. He was pretty shifty too. I did all the above and started filing every single day. I got multiple different people on other belts to do the same thing because he was really a huge d*head. He's now an on-road at a center 2 or so hours away from his house as it was the closest place with an opening. I don't think it's our doing necessarily, just the fact that he really sucked at his job. But I like to think that I caused him enough grief to step down.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
IMG_1461.JPG

W

What The Hawk?

You know, sounds to me like he was a major dbag. If it were me, I'd talk with your steward and get a pad of blue sheets. File on everything. Become a colossal pain in their ass to the point that they just leave you alone. It worked for me. Last week I wasn't using the scanners as I loaded and got into it with the FT Preload Sup. I wasn't using them due to the flow being too heavy and they shoved 20k down our throats in 3 hours. He threatened to write me up for it. I told him the second he commits to that I'm turning off the belt until we're 100% compliant with our training (egress, overweights, etc). Dude wanted to play hardball and I started doing it. Every over 70 on the belt I shut it off and made sure I helped, or someone else helped. 32 package cars were on our belt, so if there wasn't 30 inches of egress, belt off. Overweight - belt off. I'm in small sort now with the easiest day I can imagine. Only took a few shifts.

The previous FT sup didn't back down. He was pretty shifty too. I did all the above and started filing every single day. I got multiple different people on other belts to do the same thing because he was really a huge d*head. He's now an on-road at a center 2 or so hours away from his house as it was the closest place with an opening. I don't think it's our doing necessarily, just the fact that he really sucked at his job. But I like to think that I caused him enough grief to step down.
Lol..I can't pull that sh* at my center. I'm doing every damn thing they want me to until I'm a fulltime driver, then I'll go by the book..

GenericUsername

Lol..I can't pull that sh* at my center. I'm doing every damn thing they want me to until I'm a fulltime driver, then I'll go by the book..

That's what people think. Just prove to them that you want to work safe and follow methods and they'll leave you the hell alone when it comes to preload stuff. The preload sups don't give a crap about the on-road sups in my center. The on-roads like me because I get crap done when I'm on the road. They'll ask me to go help someone after I'm done with my route around 5ish and I'll go take 20 stops or so. If it's after 6, pound salt. They respect it because I give them fair work every single time I punch in.

W

What The Hawk?

That's what people think. Just prove to them that you want to work safe and follow methods and they'll leave you the hell alone when it comes to preload stuff. The preload sups don't give a crap about the on-road sups in my center. The on-roads like me because I get crap done when I'm on the road. They'll ask me to go help someone after I'm done with my route around 5ish and I'll go take 20 stops or so. If it's after 6, pound salt. They respect it because I give them fair work every single time I punch in.
They don't give a damn about safety. For my sake..I do care because I'll be damned if I get permanently injured for some boxes. Preload doesn't matter. They took our docks away..only drivers matter to them.

It was a one time offense. If you've never been unprofessional at your job, good on you but I'm just not that amazing, and I admit that. I apologized to him for acting out and I owned up to everything I did wrong. It's no excuse but I did have two deaths in my family within a week before as well as turn my life around to live across the country so I wasn't necessarily on my best behavior. But you all still think I should have been fired with zero warnings or priors from a center I had never worked at without any orientation or anything just for cussing in front of someone that never identified themselves as a manager until reeming me about it? I still have my two years seniority. All I did was be normal around another human. I talked the way I would if I were in a grocery store. He just happened to be there. You don't have to like it but I doubt you actually believe it's firable?

I really just want to know how it can be considered off the clock harassment if I was on the clock and I wasn't directing it at him? Does anyone have any USEFUL resources for ways I can at least get the the suspension off my record? Or from over my head or whatever.

And we get it, I'm verbose and you have trouble reading. save yourself the hour it would take you to sound out the "tldr" joke. If i could give you back all the life you wasted on this post, I would. I am sincerely sorry that you can't figure out better ways to allocate your time.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
But you all still think I should have been fired with zero warnings or priors from a center I had never worked at without any orientation or anything just for cussing in front of someone that never identified themselves as a manager until reeming me about it?

Does anyone have any USEFUL resources for ways I can at least get the the suspension off my record?

People just don't get fired for swearing at another person. Based on the book you wrote, I would be willing to bet there is obviously another side of the story. One which, we are not hearing, but whatever. You can be fired for gross insubordination. So what was the real reason they fired you? They would have said something like policy violation, workplace violence, gross insubordination...something.

The suspension is, and will remain a permanent part of your employment file nothing you can do.