Termination grievance

jada miller

I've searched many time for this answer but can never get an answer because everyone seems to just want to bash the person & it gets off topic.
So after a grievance is filed for termination, how long does the company have to hold the grievance hearing? Is there a time frame?
It doesn't matter what the termination was for, please just help me with this answer. It's been 11 days since the filing.

Nah
I've searched many time for this answer but can never get an answer because everyone seems to just want to bash the person & it gets off topic.
So after a grievance is filed for termination does the company have to hold the grievance hearing?
It doesn't matter what the termination was for, please just help me with this answer. It's been 11 days since the filing.
Call your business agent.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So after a grievance is filed for termination, how long does the company have to hold the grievance hearing? Is there a time frame?
It takes a while to get scheduled for a local panel hearing, that’s the first step. Your job during this time is to wait by the phone until your BA calls you with a date. If you don’t get reinstated or a decision can’t be reached during that meeting then you will have to go to a national panel. If you fail that, you’re gone.

jada miller

It takes a while to get scheduled for a local panel hearing, that’s the first step. Your job during this time is to wait by the phone until your BA calls you with a date. If you don’t get reinstated or a decision can’t be reached during that meeting then you will have to go to a national panel. If you fail that, you’re gone.
So they could literally drag this out till the 1st of the year if they wanted?

Staydryitsraining

Your b.a. could be ready any day. If supervision is stone walling and coming up with excuses they won't meet. Also it's the holidays so both sides are probably not on the same schedule. I would say if it's over 30 days I'd start kicking in doors.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So they could literally drag this out till the 1st of the year if they wanted?
Possibly. There’s a lot of pieces involved with these things and certain people have to be in attendance. It takes a while to get all the right people scheduled to be there.

542thruNthru

Well it would depend what supplemental you are under. Each has different grievance procedures and rules. What supp are you?
Beggers can't be choosers. You could open the contract yourself instead of asking others to do the work for you.

Last edited:

jada miller

Well it would depend what supplemental you are under. Each has different grievance procedures and rules. What supp are you?

Beggers can't be choosers. You could open the contract yourself instead of asking others to do the work for you.
I have opened looked at my contract. Not to sound like an ass or anything but some of us asking questions have actually been with the company for more than a few years.
Sometimes we overlook things an need help finding the right answer.

Brownwind

It doesn't matter what the termination was for. But Thank you for asking
It absolutely does. You have a list of Cardinals that are automatic. And the rest are subjective to your local supplement.

Do you even want help? You have a good group of BA’s and stewards on this site. We mess around but our advice is probably the best your going to get online.

Commercial Inside Release

One time when I was fired, I slowed down the process as long as I could (I'm a millionaire that worked for UPS 'cause I'm also an idiot.)

I manage to milk it for almost four months, then the company & union ganged up and forced a bunch of us to panel. I was really going for six months, but the company wouldn't have it.

So, just hunker down, and try to enjoy the holidays. Maybe work a crap job for the time being -- there's plenty! Or, just be rich like me.

Now you know it will be less than four months.

(Advice helping.)

Brownwind

I have opened looked at my contract. Not to sound like an ass or anything but some of us asking questions have actually been with the company for more than a few years.
Sometimes we overlook things a need help finding the right answer.
Most of us on this site have thirty plus years.

jada miller

It absolutely does. You have a list of Cardinals that are automatic. And the rest are subjective to your local supplement.

Do you even want help? You have a good group of BA’s and stewards on this site. We mess around but our advice is probably the best your going to get online.
Like I said I'm sorry if sounded like an ass. But I've seen way to many people post what happened & get dragged thru the mud.
I've had enough of that from our lovely labor guy & the panel. I just needed an answer without attacked

542thruNthru

Like I said I'm sorry if sounded like an ass. But I've seen way to many people post what happened & get dragged thru the mud.
I've had enough of that from our lovely labor guy & the panel. I just needed an answer without attacked
Wait so you've already met with labor and been to panel?

jada miller

So what supplementasite Michigan

Most of us on this site have thirty plus years.
An I do understand that. But at the same time some of you old timers (slightly older than me)
Wait so you've already met with labor and been to panel?
No, I haven't. Not for this issue. But the labor guy already said during a panel meeting in the past over false allegations he wants me gone to the point the panel told him to stop talking.