The Ballot mess!

Irishman Collins

Stonefish, if I ever decide to run it will be on a platform of reform. I cannot or will not accept the way things have been going for about a decade now. Our great Union was formed on an idea, a principal if you will. Our Union now is based on pleasing greedy corporations I.e., U.PS. We give a lot and they just throw us bones. This great Union of ours is supposed to be bullying greedy corporations, not it's members. We used to be the bully, now we are the little weakling who gives up a portion of his lunch money just so he doesn't get punched in the eye. The members need to take back our Union and quit electing career politicians who just keep going along with the program.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you talking about the bakers union that helped cause the company to go out of business

I am talking about the member who said unions should act more like bullies than partners. I am well aware that the Teamsters tried to work with Hostess while the Baker's Union basically told them to pound sand. Had they chosen to work with Hostess these folks might still have their jobs although I think Hostess was intent on breaking the unions and selling the company regardless of what the unions did.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Stonefish, if I ever decide to run it will be on a platform of reform. I cannot or will not accept the way things have been going for about a decade now. Our great Union was formed on an idea, a principal if you will. Our Union now is based on pleasing greedy corporations I.e., U.PS. We give a lot and they just throw us bones. This great Union of ours is supposed to be bullying greedy corporations, not it's members. We used to be the bully, now we are the little weakling who gives up a portion of his lunch money just so he doesn't get punched in the eye. The members need to take back our Union and quit electing career politicians who just keep going along with the program.

Sent using BrownCafe App

If you ever decided to run. Ok I'll go with that if you haven't ran for office why not? You just want to sit back and complain, make accusations about people and when they respond you want to say its bullying. The members get to vote their Local leaders every 3 years and IBT leadership every 5. It's obvious the majority don't agree with you.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our Union officials need to be more accountable to their membership. Example it is my understanding that the I.B.T. asked locals to get the opinion of their members in regards to The Master, Central, and Riders.

Did you not participate in the contract proposal meeting at your Local ?

-Bug-

Irishman Collins

Of course, I participated. I just don't know if other locals did the same? Hostess, really the Union tried to work with them they were Hell bent on breaking the Union. Hostess and U.P.S. are two completely different beast. U.P.S. is recording record profits whereas Hostess was not. It is the Unions responsibility to give concessions when warranted but not When the beast is devouring dollars bills in a milla second! It's simple we gave concessions because the Union needs additional participants in their Taft Hartley Health Plan!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Of course, I participated. I just don't know if other locals did the same? Hostess, really the Union tried to work with them they were Hell bent on breaking the Union. Hostess and U.P.S. are two completely different beast. U.P.S. is recording record profits whereas Hostess was not. It is the Unions responsibility to give concessions when warranted but not When the beast is devouring dollars bills in a milla second! It's simple we gave concessions because the Union needs additional participants in their Taft Hartley Health Plan!

Sent using BrownCafe App

You forgot to put unsustainable.come on it's the tag line with you guys don't let them down