The compassion of others..do they know she makes 100k???????

tourists24

What else should motivate a corporation? Why would anyone expect an employer to care about their employees? Do you believe your workplace is your family? Do you think your employer exists for charity?
Nope. But to view an employee as nothing more than a statistic is wrong. It’s the exact reason unions happen.

vantexan

What else should motivate a corporation? Why would anyone expect an employer to care about their employees? Do you believe your workplace is your family? Do you think your employer exists for charity?
I'm looking forward to the day that Ground has one contractor who uses AI to run operations at every facility within a prescribed region. All other contractors are let go. "But, but, we're family" they will say.

tourists24

Wrong in what way? Employees are resources with costs and productivity requirements. Is it wrong to evaluate my trucks on their maintenance costs or fuel economy?
That’s what’s wrong. Workers are more than just a statistic. When they’re treated as just another number, you’re going to get push back. And will always be that way. You see it as black and white, and it will never be that way. Until that changes, the wheel will continue to spin. The fight will be ongoing

It will be fine

That’s what’s wrong. Workers are more than just a statistic. When they’re treated as just another number, you’re going to get push back. And will always be that way. You see it as black and white, and it will never be that way. Until that changes, the wheel will continue to spin. The fight will be ongoing
You aren’t making any sense. How is evaluating employees as a resource wrong? Do you believe it’s morally wrong for corporations to evaluate the profitability of its workers? Do you think they should employ everyone regardless of the value they provide the corporation? How would that make economic sense? Define wrong as you are using it.

tourists24

You aren’t making any sense. How is evaluating employees as a resource wrong? Do you believe it’s morally wrong for corporations to evaluate the profitability of its workers? Do you think they should employ everyone regardless of the value they provide the corporation? How would that make economic sense? Define wrong as you are using it.
I’m simply saying that when you only treat people as a statistic and nothing more, you’re asking for push back. People have more value than just what they can do for your bottom line. Evaluation is part of the process, but there’s more to it than bottom line profit when it comes to people. We aren’t trucks. If you can’t see that, then there will be a continuing battle to be heard

FedGT

You spend 4 years at Ground you have probably lost about 300k compared to working at UPS.
Not even close. With that BS 22.4 position that has no guarantee in being promoted to RPCD. I left ground thinking I may want to do P&D for the long term after 4 years at ground. Qualified the first week since they had me grabbing work from other drivers. After realizing how many things HR lied about including how long I’d be a 22.4, and ability to transfer cross country after a year as a driver, I decided it wasn’t for me and would much rather see my family. I was having to work 10 hours to make what I do for 3 hours at Ground. I do agree if you want this for long term you have to go UPS but plan for a long road of 22.4 wages before you actually are a “real” driver at UPS.

MAKAVELI

Not even close. With that BS 22.4 position that has no guarantee in being promoted to RPCD. I left ground thinking I may want to do P&D for the long term after 4 years at ground. Qualified the first week since they had me grabbing work from other drivers. After realizing how many things HR lied about including how long I’d be a 22.4, and transferring, I decided it wasn’t for me and would much rather see my family. I was having to work 10 hours to make what I do for 3 hours at Ground. I do agree if you want this for long term you have to go UPS but plan for a long road of 22.4 wages before you actually are a “real” driver.
22.4 would still make more than Ground driver in 4 years plus free insurance and a pension.

It will be fine

I’m simply saying that when you only treat people as a statistic and nothing more, you’re asking for push back. People have more value than just what they can do for your bottom line. Evaluation is part of the process, but there’s more to it than bottom line profit when it comes to people. We aren’t trucks. If you can’t see that, then there will be a continuing battle to be heard
So you can’t define how you’re using wrong. Got it, basically corporation bad, worker good. It’s probably best that you are a union worker with that type of understanding.

tourists24

So you can’t define how you’re using wrong. Got it, basically corporation bad, worker good. It’s probably best that you are a union worker with that type of understanding.
I just did, if you can’t see that, then you’re so hell bent on the bottom line of profit that nothing else matters. Good luck with that. I’m glad I won’t have to be one of your workers. Makaveli sums the rest up perfectly. You’re a sad case of humanity

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Not even close. With that BS 22.4 position that has no guarantee in being promoted to RPCD. I left ground thinking I may want to do P&D for the long term after 4 years at ground. Qualified the first week since they had me grabbing work from other drivers. After realizing how many things HR lied about including how long I’d be a 22.4, and ability to transfer cross country after a year as a driver, I decided it wasn’t for me and would much rather see my family. I was having to work 10 hours to make what I do for 3 hours at Ground. I do agree if you want this for long term you have to go UPS but plan for a long road of 22.4 wages before you actually are a “real” driver at UPS.

I agree that the notion that you lose out on 300K is off. And I also agree that sadly our HR will promise new workers the moon and stars as a lie to get them in the door.

However, how did you work 10 hours to get what you can make in 3 hours at ground? 22.4 wages start at around $20 and top out around $34, with steady raises every year. Ground rates generally mirror the starting rates of a 22.4. So how did that work?

It will be fine

I just did, if you can’t see that, then you’re so hell bent on the bottom line of profit that nothing else matters. Good luck with that. I’m glad I won’t have to be one of your workers. Makaveli sums the rest up perfectly. You’re a sad case of humanity
It’s clear you don’t understand the difference between evaluating workers and how you manage them. I bet you think if your manager asks about your family and listens to your concerns he really cares about you and the company will make financial decisions based on that. Lol, I’m sure your fantasyland where corporations care about their workers is nice.

FedGT

I agree that the notion that you lose out on 300K is off. And I also agree that sadly our HR will promise new workers the moon and stars as a lie to get them in the door.

However, how did you work 10 hours to get what you can make in 3 hours at ground? 22.4 wages start at around $20 and top out around $34, with steady raises every year. Ground rates generally mirror the starting rates of a 22.4. So how did that work?
I used to own the contracts for the guy I am helping out. Only make $52k per year but my truck normally only has 70-75 stops on avg. I run 25-30 stops per hour and don’t have any pickups. Many days generate $50+ an hour. This is not an avg driver comparison.

Last edited:

tourists24

It’s clear you don’t understand the difference between evaluating workers and how you manage them. I bet you think if your manager asks about your family and listens to your concerns he really cares about you and the company will make financial decisions based on that. Lol, I’m sure your fantasyland where corporations care about their workers is nice.
I’ve been around a long time and understand a lot. I am a UPSer and have long known that management could care less about me. You though don’t realize that your very actions cause the response you could care less about. But the fight will continue. And the same arguments will continue. Which makes it a good thing you are where you are.

It will be fine

I’ve been around a long time and understand a lot. I am a UPSer and have long known that management could care less about me. You though don’t realize that your very actions cause the response you could care less about. But the fight will continue. And the same arguments will continue. Which makes it a good thing you are where you are.
You realize the union couldn’t care less about you too, right? They take your dues and pretend to care just like the corporation. It probably works out financially for you, but the reality is you’re on your own like everyone else.

tourists24

You realize the union couldn’t care less about you too, right? They take your dues and pretend to care just like the corporation. It probably works out financially for you, but the reality is you’re on your own like everyone else.
I sort of agree with ya there, but I do know without a little say I’d be left to deal strictly with you. And I do make 38 an hour with 8 weeks of benefits along with a good health benefit package. Not to mention, at least for now, a good pension. Left up to you, that wouldn’t exist at all