The compassion of others..do they know she makes 100k???????

It will be fine

I sort of agree with ya there, but I do know without a little say I’d be left to deal strictly with you. And I do make 38 an hour with 8 weeks of benefits along with a good health benefit package. Not to mention, at least for now, a good pension. Left up to you, that wouldn’t exist at all
I don’t run UPS. You understand that, right? I’m nothing special, anyone willing to take the financial risk could be in my position. All it took was a few decades of hard work and sacrifice to build a company. With some drive you could have done it yourself, but I’m sure just showing up to work was enough for you.

floridays

I don’t run UPS. You understand that, right? I’m nothing special, anyone willing to take the financial risk could be in my position. All it took was a few decades of hard work and sacrifice to build a company. With some drive you could have done it yourself, but I’m sure just showing up to work was enough for you.
It's my guess we could could fill a gymnasium with current and retired UPS'ers, currently and formerly on this site that could buy and sell you. You didn't build anything, you leased depreciating equipment to service a contract. Nothing more nothing less.

Mutineer

So you're saying that in 20 years or less, UPS drivers will be compensated as poorly as FedEx ground drivers? I mean I hope not, but I'm not a fortune teller like you apparently are.
Yes. If this nation continues to export jobs and import labor, absolutely. Also; the smartest, richest, most determined people on the planet want you jobless and dependent. And don't forget about those autonomous vehicles and pesky drones, either.
I'm not sure what you're talking about here.
Contradictory, anecdotal experiences are only such until they happen to you.
May your good fortune continue.

Mutineer

It's my guess we could could fill a gymnasium with current and retired UPS'ers, currently and formerly on this site that could buy and sell you. You didn't build anything, you leased depreciating equipment to service a contract. Nothing more nothing less.
Many would argue that he worked hard, saw an opportunity, took initiative, assumed responsibility and also great risk. He also managed it correctly by making intelligent, proper decisions in order to keep his contract.

Are you faulting him for NOT getting hired at UPS. Or blundering his way into some fantasy job that compensates very well for no education and nothing more than the ability to lift heavy things and fog a mirror?

The way he regards his workers is reptilian. But also matter of fact. As a former contractor, I respect and understand exactly where he is coming from.

MAKAVELI

QUOTE="FedGT, post: 4731232, member: 58838"]
Not even close. With that BS 22.4 position that has no guarantee in being promoted to RPCD. I left ground thinking I may want to do P&D for the long term after 4 years at ground. Qualified the first week since they had me grabbing work from other drivers. After realizing how many things HR lied about including how long I’d be a 22.4, and ability to transfer cross country after a year as a driver, I decided it wasn’t for me and would much rather see my family. I was having to work 10 hours to make what I do for 3 hours at Ground. I do agree if you want this for long term you have to go UPS but plan for a long road of 22.4 wages before you actually are a “real” driver at UPS.
[/QUOTE]
Did you expect to be making $100k from the start? Lol

FedGT

QUOTE="FedGT, post: 4731232, member: 58838"]
Not even close. With that BS 22.4 position that has no guarantee in being promoted to RPCD. I left ground thinking I may want to do P&D for the long term after 4 years at ground. Qualified the first week since they had me grabbing work from other drivers. After realizing how many things HR lied about including how long I’d be a 22.4, and ability to transfer cross country after a year as a driver, I decided it wasn’t for me and would much rather see my family. I was having to work 10 hours to make what I do for 3 hours at Ground. I do agree if you want this for long term you have to go UPS but plan for a long road of 22.4 wages before you actually are a “real” driver at UPS.
[/QUOTE]
No. I expected a company that prides itself as the leader of the industry to tell the truth. If you are what you say you are why do they need to mislead everything to hire someone. Don’t tell someone they will only be a 22.4 for a year. Don’t tell someone that asks you before hire if a transfer cross country is likely when it will never happen.
Wasn’t about the money it’s about dishonesty. Went back to Ground temporarily for the money and much better hours but it was only temporary and ends this week for better things.

Last edited:

floridays

Many would argue that he worked hard, saw an opportunity, took initiative, assumed responsibility and also great risk. He also managed it correctly by making intelligent, proper decisions in order to keep his contract.

Are you faulting him for NOT getting hired at UPS. Or blundering his way into some fantasy job that compensates very well for no education and nothing more than the ability to lift heavy things and fog a mirror?

The way he regards his workers is reptilian. But also matter of fact. As a former contractor, I respect and understand exactly where he is coming from.
Can you read English?
I said exactly what I meant, She leased equipment to service a contract.
She built nothing.
Fedex ground built the business of moving packages, customers, infrastructure, sorting, everything short of a vehicle and body to put a package on a doorstep.
They contracted her to provide the vehicles and bodies to put the packages on the doorstep, they want nothing more nothing less. If they decide they no longer want her, the trucks sit idle, the bodies do not show up at the business she "built."

The chick thinks she built something, I'm curious if this great accomplishment is run from the third bedroom from her house and curious where her rubber wheeled assets are parked every night.

I have no problem with contractors but when you contact for one entity you didn't build :poop: , you simply service a business someone else built.

I didn't say she didn't work, I didn't say she didn't take a risk.
I simply said she didn't build anything.

Get some more customers, expand your delivery service maybe we can use the word "built."

It's just the way I view things.

MAKAVELI

No. I expected a company that prides itself as the leader of the industry to tell the truth. If you are what you say you are why do they need to mislead everything to hire someone. Don’t tell someone they will only be a 22.4 for a year. Don’t tell someone that asks you before hire if a transfer cross country is likely when it will never happen.
Wasn’t about the money it’s about dishonesty. Went back to Ground temporarily for the money and much better hours but it was only temporary and ends this week for better things.
[/QUOTE]
Bro you are short sided for sure. Even sad a 22.4 you'd make more than you would ever make at ground. Secondly you should have done your research when it comes to transfers. At UPS a cross country transfer is only possible as a part timer. If you wanted a transfer as a driver you should of went Express. Lol

Mutineer

Can you read English?
I said exactly what I meant, She leased equipment to service a contract.
She built nothing.
Fedex ground built the business of moving packages, customers, infrastructure, sorting, everything short of a vehicle and body to put a package on a doorstep.
They contracted her to provide the vehicles and bodies to put the packages on the doorstep, they want nothing more nothing less. If they decide they no longer want her, the trucks sit idle, the bodies do not show up at the business she "built."

The chick thinks she built something, I'm curious if this great accomplishment is run from the third bedroom from her house and curious where her rubber wheeled assets are parked every night.

I have no problem with contractors but when you contact for one entity you didn't build :poop: , you simply service a business someone else built.

I didn't say she didn't work, I didn't say she didn't take a risk.
I simply said she didn't build anything.

Get some more customers, expand your delivery service maybe we can use the word "built."

It's just the way I view things.
I don't disagree with you. But why sooo disparaging and insulting over semantics? You seem very hostile and irritable. Maybe a pet would soothe your anger. Maybe you should get a pet? Nevermind... no ....don't get a pet!

Also, I was unaware that Itzy is a she. Am I to interpret this literally or am I not reading English to your satisfaction? Or maybe you are exaggerating with the the word "she" in much the same way as Itzy is with the word "built." Whatever the intentions may be, ironically, it seems you would be the one to benefit the most from some Midol.

floridays

But why sooo disparaging and insulting over semantics?
I'm not, I spoke plain English, you didn't accept it.

You seem very hostile and irritable
I'm not, it gets tiresome reading her spiel trying to lord over box monkeys.

Maybe you should get a pet?
Did I say I don't have one?

Also, I was unaware that Itzy is a she.
I don't know what she is, long running joke, controversy, wgaf.
These days it's what one identifies as at the moment.

Or maybe you are exaggerating with the the word "she" in much the same way as Itzy is with the word "built."
Itzy goes out of IT'zy way to put down hard working men and women because they haven't built a thriving business, the same type that service, or provides for It'z livelihood.

Whatever the intentions may be, ironically, it seems you would be the one to benefit the most from some Midol.
You are the bleeding heart in this case, on he/she/its behalf, my issue is different.

Bring it if you have more.

Mutineer

I'm not, I spoke plain English, you didn't accept it.
No. You have resorted to personal attacks. You should apologize.
I'm not, it gets tiresome reading her spiel trying to lord over box monkeys.
Personally, I find politics far more toxic.
Did I say I don't have one?
I don't recall you mentioning a pet. I like cats. I think they are a fair indicator of character. If a cat chooses to be around you, you should feel honored. A cat won't put up with a bad person. A dog will put up with and settle with anything.
Itzy goes out of IT'zy way to put down hard working men and women because they haven't built a thriving business, the same type that service, or provides for It'z livelihood.
All the nice contractors left FedEx a long time ago. What remains are exactly the personalities that FedEx needs. And deserves.
You are the bleeding heart in this case, on he/she/its behalf, my issue is different.
Regarding contracting for FedEx, and due to the luxury of a surplus of idiot, stooge labor, I absolutely agree with Itzy's point of view. That is not a "bleeding heart." Because I vehemently disagree with nearly every other subject he opines on is irrelevant to the subject at hand. To be otherwise is contradictory to intellect, and is exactly the mentality of Cancel Culture. And all the stupidity and evil that mindset advocates and celebrates.

floridays

No. You have resorted to personal attacks. You should apologize.

Personally, I find politics far more toxic.

I don't recall you mentioning a pet. I like cats. I think they are a fair indicator of character. If a cat chooses to be around you, you should feel honored. A cat won't put up with a bad person. A dog will put up with and settle with anything.

All the nice contractors left FedEx a long time ago. What remains are exactly the personalities that FedEx needs. And deserves.

Regarding contracting for FedEx, and due to the luxury of a surplus of idiot, stooge labor, I absolutely agree with Itzy's point of view. That is not a "bleeding heart." Because I vehemently disagree with nearly every other subject he opines on is irrelevant to the subject at hand. To be otherwise is contradictory to intellect, and is exactly the mentality of Cancel Culture. And all the stupidity and evil that mindset advocates and celebrates.
Duly noted, ok.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
[/QUOTE]

Lol
A sucker born everyday

FedGT

Lol
A sucker born everyday
[/QUOTE]
Okay?? A sucker for your lack of morales company?
I guess a dik head is born everyday too.

FedGT

A sucker for my what
English do you speak it
Maybe mom will give you a big hug when you get home
[/QUOTE]
Ouch a driver pointing out a spelling error. You sure got me??? Seem like you would fit right in with the HR guys over there.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A sucker for my what
English do you speak it
Maybe mom will give you a big hug when you get home
Ouch a driver pointing out a spelling error. You sure got me??? Seem like you would fit right in with the HR guys over there.
[/QUOTE]

Do you still work at ups or are you just here to whine?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Lol
A sucker born everyday
[/QUOTE]
You have access to this site from which you could learn pretty much anything about the day to day goings on at UPS. All you had to do was jump to the other side and read a few posts to find out how much HR and management at UPS lie to new hires. The only person you have to blame is yourself. You should have known better. You could’ve also easily found out that transfers are very limited there except in the Western Region.

FedGT

Do you still work at ups or are you just here to whine?
[/QUOTE]
If you could read, you’d know the answer to that.

Just speaking the truth, you should pull the man thong out seems like it is riding you a little tight. company man over here.

FedGT

You have access to this site from which you could learn pretty much anything about the day to day goings on at UPS. All you had to do was jump to the other side and read a few posts to find out how much HR and management at UPS lie to new hires. The only person you have to blame is yourself. You should have known better. You could’ve also easily found out that transfers are very limited there except in the Western Region.
[/QUOTE]
That is true and honestly I could really care less about my time there. Went back through peak to my old company and last day is tomorrow. All this was just refuting the claim that a Ground worker would make $300k less in 4 years compared to UPS. Old man Burr decided to go company man on me so I figure I would answer his post.