The Concept of a Pension Should be Offensive to People

Johney

Have you looked at all the age options??? My financial dude is hell bent on Mrs cold and myself taking SS out at 70.5….i don’t get that mentality since SS isn’t the only thing I will be living on so I don’t have to maximize it.
I have. My financial guy says just the opposite, take it at 62. I myself agree longevity isn’t in my family genes. Father died of cancer at 70, mother has had a heart attack and a stroke, younger brother had a stroke. Sometimes I wonder if I’m on borrowed time.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have. My financial guy says just the opposite, take it at 62. I myself agree longevity isn’t in my family genes. Father died of cancer at 70, mother has had a heart attack and a stroke, younger brother had a stroke. Sometimes I wonder if I’m on borrowed time.
Men on my fathers side usually die young. On my mothers side they live longer but tend to get dementia which isn't much better.

542thruNthru

And we’re all moving into Arizona…lock, stock, and barrel buddy!! @542thruNthru cant afford to live in Southern California with the reduced pension so we have to go cheaper and move east to the Grand Caynon State. Can’t wait!!
IMG_7045.jpg

Up In Smoke

Plenty of time for a side business when you are 35 with a wife and kids, job with hours like UPS, house that always need maintenance, and some needy pets that everyone said they would take care of before they wore you down into saying yes.
One of my favorite side businesses is setting the "House for Sale" frames up in front yards for a hand full of real estate companies in our area. We bought this established company 20 plus years ago.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I just saw that.

See.... things aren't all "doom and gloom" for your members.

:biggrin:

@Wally
Our fund was in the danger zone at one point before we acted proactively, voted to add our own money into the fund. We were just catching up, really could use those extra bucks.

Good for them though. May they continue to prosper.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our fund was in the danger zone at one point before we acted proactively, voted to add our own money into the fund. We were just catching up, really could use those extra bucks.

Good for them though. May they continue to prosper.

Your Local and the members made a wise decision. Central States was a completely different dynamic.

anonymous23456

OK...I am going to settle this question once and for all. All of us will retire at 62 and collect SS while Mech II will work to 75 since he is the GREATEST RPCD.

His quest is to be the longest working UPSer on record!