The Concept of a Pension Should be Offensive to People

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
That's badass. I have a problem with longevity in my family. No men die before 90. Even my uncle died on his 90th birthday, but he made it. I can walk at 55, but an extra 5 years it makes a huge difference in my pension, I'll probably go to 60, but it's a lot easier in feeder.
If you have it made in feeders, just a thought but, if you’re that close to 62, go then and get your SS at the same time. That would be a sweet exit.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We need a massive mentality shift in this company regarding the pension. The pension is the biggest bait-and-switch you can imagine. We should have been pushing for a strong 401(k) match YEARS ago. Instead, the ignorant working majority in this company for generations have decided they would rather work until they're 65 in order to collect some measly corporate welfare check, rather than take proactive charge of their financial life and invest heavily in their 30's. Thanks to our culture of financial irresponsibility at UPS, workers are left having to contribute the full amount of $23,000 to their 401k's in 2024.
Please enlightening us with numbers. How much 401k plus savings would one need to accumulate to pay $5k a month? Include savings because you cannot access that money until 59 years old. Most retired after 55.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He is partly correct with the mentality shift. By the time your 60 your worn out and given all your energy to a system that drains you. He wants to be able to store his energy/time better.
You ever go online and see those kids who are subscribed to the FIRE movement…most of them want to be fully retired by their 30’s. Many of them work in tech and make good money and live with mom and dad and can bank most of their money…good for them but not for the rest of the 98% of people out there.

Over70irregs

You ever go online and see those kids who are subscribed to the FIRE movement…most of them want to be fully retired by their 30’s. Many of them work in tech and make good money and live with mom and dad and can bank most of their money…good for them but not for the rest of the 98% of people out there.
People are waking up but the level of $ debasement has accelerated unjustly.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No doubt I was healthier than a sedentary office worker. It was the wear and tear on my body.
I honestly don’t think it’s fundamentally the job that wears your body down…it’s the stupid :censored2:ing pace that this BS company wants you to move on a daily basis.

BrownFlush

Please enlightening us with numbers. How much 401k plus savings would one need to accumulate to pay $5k a month? Include savings because you cannot access that money until 59 years old. Most retired after 55.
Last time I checked, I would need $900,000 to draw what I get monthly from the pension. I don't know how much I would have needed when I started in 2009 or what would have happened. In the long run, you can't beat a defined pension.

BrownFlush

So you saying that pretty much everyone here has some form of PTSD from the toxic work environment??? I very much believe that to be the case.
And you can't escape it even in the daylight hours.
Try and not think about what you did when you see one of those trucks. Can't do it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And you can't escape it even in the daylight hours.
Try and not think about what you did when you see one of those trucks. Can't do it.
It tells me that people who work here are just plainly over worked like donkeys. I still have those dreams on occasion about a stuffed package car and I have been in feeder for a decade.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Last time I checked, I would need $900,000 to draw what I get monthly from the pension. I don't know how much I would have needed when I started in 2009 or what would have happened. In the long run, you can't beat a defined pension.
Seems low. How many year payout?

robot

Has A Large Member
ever since they changed up the layout of the upsets website I have a hard time finding the pension calculator. Is it under benefits?

tourists24

So you saying that pretty much everyone here has some form of PTSD from the toxic work environment??? I very much believe that to be the case.
From talking to many retirees that seems to be the case lol. Most all of us have dreams even years after. I've been gone for a couple of years myself. It IS awesome to wake up and tell yourself you don't have to put up with that anymore.