The difference between Conservatives and Liberals

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Boulevard859710

n12b79.jpg
That's about right. Got called an :censored2: because I don't think a man should be in a woman's locker room even if he identifies himself that way.

BrownArmy

I'm not sure, but I think the terms 'democrat' and 'republican' meant very different things 50 years ago, 100 years ago, etc.

It's disingenuous to say that the 'democrats' of the 50's/60's are the same party as the 'democrats' of today, and the same could be said of the 'republicans' of the same era; it makes no sense to compare today's partys with those of the past.

In either case, the people who were standing in the way of civil rights back in the 30's/40's/50's, whatever they called themselves, were on the wrong side of history.

People in the 2010's standing in the way of civil rights are just as wrong, no matter their party affiliation.

wkmac

I'm not sure, but I think the terms 'democrat' and 'republican' meant very different things 50 years ago, 100 years ago, etc.

It's disingenuous to say that the 'democrats' of the 50's/60's are the same party as the 'democrats' of today, and the same could be said of the 'republicans' of the same era; it makes no sense to compare today's partys with those of the past.

In either case, the people who were standing in the way of civil rights back in the 30's/40's/50's, whatever they called themselves, were on the wrong side of history.

People in the 2010's standing in the way of civil rights are just as wrong, no matter their party affiliation.

That is correct. Same is true of the term conservative and liberal or even left and right.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
hangemhighnew-600w.jpg

Fat guy in the middle is the only one with any sense. Sick of both parties and their pandering to special interests. Somewhere along the line our elected officials forgot about who they were supposed to represent. We have lost our government to the highest bidder.

Browntown2014

This was passed on to me from a good friend. Very valid points.

Conservative / Liberal Explained
If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned foreveryone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.
A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberalis homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a person of color is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.
Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn’t go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it’s a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.
If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended

You forgot one:

If a teamster is a liberal, he doesn't allow those in power to screw him.

If a teamster is a conservative, he screws himself.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You forgot one:

If a teamster is a liberal, he doesn't allow those in power to screw him.

If a teamster is a conservative, he screws himself.
Where do you get this idea that conservatives don't like unions?

I know lots of conservative union members.

If you think liberal Democrats in office care more for unions that conservative Republicans, I just have 1 thing to say about it.

They are both taking money from big businesses.

And last I looked, a liberal Democrat President and both parties in congress are supporting the new free trade deal about to go through.

And free trade deals always cost Americans jobs.

wkmac