The MrFedEx Annual Express Peak Prediction(s)

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's fine with me too. It's all about getting out the word Dano, and not about me.

Well of course not! Howzabout you head back down to the bunker (that doesn't have internet access, apparently) and track what all's going on around the country? We'll suffer on without you, hard as it may be to endure a site that would be overrun with (mostly) calm and (mostly) rational discourse from all points of view. TOODLES! CHAU!

vantexan

Well of course not! Howzabout you head back down to the bunker (that doesn't have internet access, apparently) and track what all's going on around the country? We'll suffer on without you, hard as it may be to endure a site that would be overrun with (mostly) calm and (mostly) rational discourse from all points of view. TOODLES! CHAU!
It's "ciao" genius.

Purplepackage

Lol only 45k extra pieces in the sort last night and we didn't get out last truck until 9:40.

Good luck tomorrow everyone we are going to get crushed and everything will be late merry Christmas

bbsam

Staff member
No sense in getting uptight about it. They can over-promise all they want. If the system becomes completely over-saturated, there's nothing I can do to remedy their outlandish expectations.

Purplepackage

No sense in getting uptight about it. They can over-promise all they want. If the system becomes completely over-saturated, there's nothing I can do to remedy their outlandish expectations.

I just can't grasp how peak is the same time every year and they still don't get it lol

You would think from history you know the tuesday and Wednesday before thanksgiving are busy so let's plan, not fedex lol

Purple no more

I didn't read through all the threads, but here is the fact. FedEx will accept up to its cap packages from the major e tailers, ie... Amazon, Best Buy, etc... Once that cap is reached, that's it. So they will not set themselves up to fail like UPS has in previous years. Now... having said that, will FedEx fail? Good question. There are SO many intangibles. I think, based on the 20+ years that I spent with the Company that there will be local failures, but no wholesale, network wide failures. Anyone care to make book on that?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I didn't read through all the threads, but here is the fact. FedEx will accept up to its cap packages from the major e tailers, ie... Amazon, Best Buy, etc... Once that cap is reached, that's it. So they will not set themselves up to fail like UPS has in previous years. Now... having said that, will FedEx fail? Good question. There are SO many intangibles. I think, based on the 20+ years that I spent with the Company that there will be local failures, but no wholesale, network wide failures. Anyone care to make book on that?

This year, FedEx Express is so screwed-up that a "package cap" from major e-tailers isn't really going to help. Given the current state of affairs at FedEx, current volumes are overwhelming operations.

When the real volume starts, watch chaos ensue.

DontThrowPackages

As long as the weather holds like last peak i dont see much of a problem. Like Van said its Christmas and its busy, i dont really see the volume being much more than last year. And if anything the volume will be more spread out, my managers are planning on being pretty slammed the first 3 days of this week, which i dont really think will happen but i guess it could
Weather is huge. If weather is good, we will struggle. If weather is bad, heavy snow and or El nino, we will fail more that last year. We have PT'er doing 60 hours a week. I see a little Latina girl off loading trucks in jeans and t shirt. Two months later, she's in full uniform working the am sort, going out on the road and working the PM off load. I asked PM manager why are so many PT'ers working so many hours? He said, the other new hires already quit. As an individual courier, I don't worry so long as our SM keeps running DRA. DRA makes Peak just another day.:likeit:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Weather is huge. If weather is good, we will struggle. If weather is bad, heavy snow and or El nino, we will fail more that last year. We have PT'er doing 60 hours a week. I see a little Latina girl off loading trucks in jeans and t shirt. Two months later, she's in full uniform working the am sort, going out on the road and working the PM off load. I asked PM manager why are so many PT'ers working so many hours? He said, the other new hires already quit. As an individual courier, I don't worry so long as our SM keeps running DRA. DRA makes Peak just another day.:likeit:

The PTers aren't working like that at my station. No PT courier is allowed to work past 11:00. The handlers are moving up very quickly. The girl who was hired and jumped for me last Christmas became a courier within three or four months. Granted, she was a friend of a manager. It's happened to others also.

McFeely

Huge Member
If weather is bad, heavy snow and or El nino, we will fail more that last year.

Last year was a breeze compared to 2013. My biggest day last peak was 133 stops on my rural route, I couldn't come close to those numbers in 2013.

I'm in a new area this year, much more dense. So we'll see...

Purplepackage

The PTers aren't working like that at my station. No PT courier is allowed to work past 11:00. The handlers are moving up very quickly. The girl who was hired and jumped for me last Christmas became a courier within three or four months. Granted, she was a friend of a manager. It's happened to others also.

Yeah same here they still don't want part timers running anything except p1. Of course we all know that will stop by the middle of this coming week when the volume starts to kill us