The negotiation scam

TeamLift

No, I'm ok with my current set up.

So if your ok with your setup, and your not as well off as he is, why couldn't he be ok with it as well ? What you guys fail to understand is that many of us has good paying jobs and careers for years before we landed at FedUp. I came off the road driving cross country making good money, decided I wanted a home life, sat home 8 months without a job before I saw an ad for a delivery job, ad didn't say what company because FedEx was using a temp agency at the time to hire temp drivers. Been here for 3 years now, pay is less sure, but I'm home everyday and still have all the money I saved while trucking. I still apply to other jobs when I see something I like, but I'm not going to quit until I land something. Same for him, and if I can afford to stay here he can easily.

instiches

So if your ok with your setup, and your not as well off as he is, why couldn't he be ok with it as well ? What you guys fail to understand is that many of us has good paying jobs and careers for years before we landed at FedUp. I came off the road driving cross country making good money, decided I wanted a home life, sat home 8 months without a job before I saw an ad for a delivery job, ad didn't say what company because FedEx was using a temp agency at the time to hire temp drivers. Been here for 3 years now, pay is less sure, but I'm home everyday and still have all the money I saved while trucking. I still apply to other jobs when I see something I like, but I'm not going to quit until I land something. Same for him, and if I can afford to stay here he can easily.

I own 10 PSAs. I don't have a job.

You're the one suggesting that we can't touch his wealth and he can afford to lose more money in the market than we can put in. So, in summary, your friend has so much wealth yet chooses to do the work of someone who gets paid $800 a week. Either you're full of :censored2:, or your friend isn't as wealthy as you think he is.

TeamLift

Kansas isn't in ISP so not sure what your argument is. The Kansas lawsuit is about single van contractors saying they are employees to fedex not contractors. ISP is Transition to do business with one entity in a service area of many routes.

Ok so I may have the state wrong, but I remember reading one state, maybe Indiana, a judge said he looked at the new ISP model and said it didn't wash with him, besides letting a contractor negotiate on a few things that FedEx could still say no to, he didn't see anything different, you are still told what to do and when to do it, so we will see.

TeamLift

I own 10 PSAs. I don't have a job.

You're the one suggesting that we can't touch his wealth and he can afford to lose more money in the market than we can put in. So, in summary, your friend has so much wealth yet chooses to do the work of someone who gets paid $800 a week. Either you're full of :censored2:, or your friend isn't as wealthy as you think he is.

I have been to his house, 4300 square feet, all brick 2200 feet finished on the bottom level, oh and his wife makes more than a lot of men, so yes he has it and then some, saved 80 grand for kids college, that's right no gosh darn student loans for him, mutual funds out the ass, what more so you want ? The only drivers that are poor at FedEx, are the ones that drive for you. This notion that drivers are all poor is nonsense, I am not rich by any means, but I will put my house up against any pos contractor's at my hub any day. The only reason you make money at all is because of :censored2: wages, junk trucks and no benefits, your just a low life maggot like the rest of them.

OUMick

So according to you all drivers are poor and can't do any better, people with money would never work here, this guy has it pretty good, when a contractor called him wanting him to come back he said, ok, I will only run this gravy route, for this much money, and any time I need off for a golf tournament, I'm taking it. Used to be in the insurance business, very successful, got all the free trips every year, but in case you haven't noticed, times suck right now, if you lost your job tomorrow where would you get a job ? Sometimes the familiar is the easiest to do even if you don't like it anymore. Your comment that if he was smart he would get a better job, Means your admitting your a :censored2: destined to be a lifer at FedEx. Why don't you get a better paying less strenuous job, hell why doesn't everybody on this site do that ? His route is basically 3 or 4 developments and a couple of side roads and he's done by 1.00 or 1.30. Not that strenuous at all.

So is he working because times are hard or because he needs the stress?

OUMick

That's all that left wing station talks about, and no they aren't as well off, Mitt Romney ruled over anyone who ran against him and Donald Trump needs no cash from anyone, your girl Hillary will need big corporate money to match the individual Republican money pouring in to Jeb and the rest of the field, in fact every republican running has at least one billionaire behind him, some have several. That's why harry Reid tried to limit the amount a person could give to campaigns, he knows the democrats are no match for the war chest on the other side.

Find yourself the two most wealthy individuals in the US. Ask what party they back more often. Get back to me on only the Republicans being rich. Why do you think Warren Buffet chimed up so many times about his secretary's income taxes vs his while the Keystone Pipeline debate was going on?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have been to his house, 4300 square feet, all brick 2200 feet finished on the bottom level, oh and his wife makes more than a lot of men, so yes he has it and then some, saved 80 grand for kids college, that's right no gosh darn student loans for him, mutual funds out the ass, what more so you want ? The only drivers that are poor at FedEx, are the ones that drive for you. This notion that drivers are all poor is nonsense, I am not rich by any means, but I will put my house up against any pos contractor's at my hub any day. The only reason you make money at all is because of :censored2: wages, junk trucks and no benefits, your just a low life maggot like the rest of them.

The reason contractors do so well is that Ground drivers do so poorly. The current profit margin is around 18%, which is phenomenal in today's economy. With that revenue stream, Smith can afford to cut the contractors/ISPs in on the scam, which they will defend to the death because they're cashing-in.

If the playing field were level and FedEx had to pay real world wages and benefits, the profit margin would be far less. And if Ground drivers were found to be employees and could and did unionize, then FedEx would be on par with UPS, which has to pay competitive wages, offer benefits and a real pension, AND actually buy and maintain safe vehicles.

It's one huge scam, and all of the usual suspects will come on here and tell us how legal it is, how the model has been modified etc. BS!!

bbsam

Staff member
The reason contractors do so well is that Ground drivers do so poorly. The current profit margin is around 18%, which is phenomenal in today's economy. With that revenue stream, Smith can afford to cut the contractors/ISPs in on the scam, which they will defend to the death because they're cashing-in.

If the playing field were level and FedEx had to pay real world wages and benefits, the profit margin would be far less. And if Ground drivers were found to be employees and could and did unionize, then FedEx would be on par with UPS, which has to pay competitive wages, offer benefits and a real pension, AND actually buy and maintain safe vehicles.

It's one huge scam, and all of the usual suspects will come on here and tell us how legal it is, how the model has been modified etc. BS!!
You are arguing in full denial of fact. Until the modified model is found to be otherwise, isn't it more prudent to accept it as legal?

bbsam

Staff member
Are you kidding? X ran the last scam illegally for years and knew it the whole time.
No they didn't. For several years they won the lawsuits. You do remember that don't you? In fact, the Kansas ruling overturned a suit that they previously had won.

Bounty

No they didn't. For several years they won the lawsuits. You do remember that don't you? In fact, the Kansas ruling overturned a suit that they previously had won.
No, your wrong again. X kept making changes until they couldn't anymore. ISP is just another illegal change, you will find out if you stay long enough.

bbsam

Staff member
No, your wrong again. X kept making changes until they couldn't anymore. ISP is just another illegal change, you will find out if you stay long enough.
I don't see how you can be so certain of that while ISP still has yet to face a court challenge.

M I Indy

What a joke! Mr. Safety issue, name the WINS! Maybe you remember that X professed legality even though they filed Safe Harbor protection with IRS in such a discretionary way the IRS didn't even know it. I like that you embrace deception of others, shows your true character. Why doesn't X get regulatory approval first? Same reason bank robbers don't reveal location of bank, they will be caught BEFORE they get anything.

M I Indy

I don't see how you can be so certain of that while ISP still has yet to face a court challenge.

Coming soon! Hey Statistic man, how many arbitrations has X won? Ask your fellow ambassadors, might not feel so high and mighty about challenges when you get the results.

bbsam

Staff member
C'mon Indy. Give us the statistics that your attorney friends tout. And why aren't they active in ISP states? It's not exactly new.

M I Indy

C'mon Indy. Give us the statistics that your attorney friends tout. And why aren't they active in ISP states? It's not exactly new.

Same old same old out of you. I asked you! You just throw crap out there, never once do you supply fact or homework to support your crap. Once again, for a people like you! ISP will implode of itself, previous posts I explained how. If you are such a business owner, how come X picks YOUR business partners (they are just your customer, their words not mine)? You do the same as any other contractor in your terminal (other biz partners) why don't you get a say in who joins your millionaire club? If they are rogue they may affect your bottom line, cause your biz labor investigations etc., while X gathers another and profits roll on. If X sold ground biz rights to Lasership tomorrow, where are you protected in your ISP contract? Yet, if you tried to sell your biz, how does that work, oh yeah we know. Sammy why do you just regurgetate the same nonsense, you are the definition of insanity, keep trying, some day you may get the result you're looking for.