The rumors are flying

PoirotAtUPS

I had a couple of country gun shops on my route. Most EVERYTHING sent to the gun shops was COD-CASH ONLY. It wasn't unusual for me to have 8-9 10thousand in cash sitting around my truck because it was TOO much to fit in my billfold. I used to hide it under some crap on the shelves. Didn't think anything of it.
It’s been a long time since a COD could be paid in cash.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had a couple of country gun shops on my route. Most EVERYTHING sent to the gun shops was COD-CASH ONLY. It wasn't unusual for me to have 8-9 10thousand in cash sitting around my truck because it was TOO much to fit in my billfold. I used to hide it under some crap on the shelves. Didn't think anything of it.
I had a guy who ran a motorcycle cycle business and I was the same : 8-10 thousand every day

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Was always a pain in the ass during the county fair week. Would leave there with over a thousand in mostly singles.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have heard some of the old dogs got in some trouble with gambling debts and missing COD monies
Yeah I saw a couple of dumb asses get fired .
My favorite was a girl who was being “groomed “for management that got canned for keeping COD money a few days then paying it back
She couldn’t understand why she got fired as she told LP she was paying it back 🤣

HarryWarden

Sometimes. But these guaranteed full-time jobs are really not hard to win. the company learned that in the late 90s after they tried to drag their feet and pretend they didn’t have to give them after the strike of 97. What they do is make most of them as undesirable as possible.
Why create full time jobs when you can pay 2 part timers to do the job for almost half the cost?

BrownSnowFlake

Some loser businesses don’t have lines of credit with their vendors.
I know. Most of my CODs are rim shops and wig shops. What I’m saying is… there has to be an app for that. Just send the money from your phone when you receive the package. Why am I still collecting paper checks and money orders like it’s the 1900s? Checks bounce, it’s not like they’re any safer or more reliable.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I know. Most of my CODs are rim shops and wig shops. What I’m saying is… there has to be an app for that. Just send the money from your phone when you receive the package. Why am I still collecting paper checks and money orders like it’s the 1900s? Checks bounce, it’s not like they’re any safer or more reliable.
Wat .gov agency would like a paper trail?

Too few businesses would use this service. The market isn’t big enough to justify creating the app, etc.