The rumors are flying

YourMissingCallTag

I do weeks in Kauai every year. Couldn't get into the state without the vaccination unless you wanted to stay in quarantine for two plus weeks.
IMG_0840.jpeg

nWo

Everyone always bitches that our building is out of date and the equipment is broken. Then UPS announces a brand new shiny building and everyone still bitches.

Sporhwhore

Everyone always bitches that our building is out of date and the equipment is broken. Then UPS announces a brand new shiny building and everyone still bitches.
I’ll take my outdated small building and 10 minute commute any day of the week as opposed to my future monster sized hub and 1 hour commute 🤦‍♂️

Thebrownblob

Yep unfortunately I’ve been to some of these older buildings and quite frankly I’m surprised they kept them as long as they did

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@scratch there is a big rumor your building will be closed and work shifted to Pdale and Smart
Feeder and one sort are already at Smart.

I also heard Fayette and Griffin will be closed and sent to Macon.
But who knows?
That sort was moved over three years ago from Forest Park Hub while I was still working, our small Feeder Dept I think moved within the past year. There are too many large shippers around the Atlanta Airport for Forest Park Hub to shut down in my opinion. I don't know what the deal with Griffin Center is. At first I heard they were moving near the Spalding Airport because the building lease was up. The last I heard is Griffin Center and Macon Center will be merged into a building in Forsyth, and this was from somebody in the know.

Staydryitsraining

During my annual physical last month, I got a Covid booster, Flu shot, and Tetanus shot on the same day.

STILL HEALTHY AND ALIVE
Listening to some of these jackasses on here makes me understand why Polio is making a comeback in Florida. :rolleyes2:
Polio is making a come back BECAUSE WE ARE IMPORTING THE 3RD WORLD. not because people aren't getting vaccinated. And do some :censored2:ing research on when and why the us stopped giving people that shot. Your a :censored2:ing idiot.

Family

Some say sudden infant death syndrome started after pharmaceutical companies got Immunity from prosecution. And now we have sads since the experimental clot shot. Nothing to see here folks. Big business is your friend.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Some say sudden infant death syndrome started after pharmaceutical companies got Immunity from prosecution. And now we have sads since the experimental clot shot. Nothing to see here folks. Big business is your friend.
I don't know. Sids has been around for a long time. About lost one of our kids to it. At 6 weeks old until she was almost two years, she stopped breathing about 25 times a day. Had her on 2 different monitors. Finally grew out of it. It was a nightmare.

PoirotAtUPS

Yep unfortunately I’ve been to some of these older buildings and quite frankly I’m surprised they kept them as long as they did
They were kept for efficiency - automation isn’t cost effective for rural settings. The challenge remains that for just shy of two months out of the year the network has to process > 20% more volume.

If you build a network that runs at less than 80% utilized 8 months of the year - costs are too high. The analysts understand this - they aren’t balking at the 3 year revenue targets (they aren’t that aggressive). They see the cost problem hasn't been addressed for the network. An automated network exacerbates the capacity/utilization equation because it’s more expensive.

PoirotAtUPS

The closures will eliminate far more PT jobs and ynese larger hubs will implement the FT jobs, which will include far more shifting positions if I had to guess. Not as many inside/inside 22.3 jobs, although a lot of those can be created as well. I'm sure that if the company offered X amount of package car driving jobs be included that, the union would concede that good-faith effort to advance PTers into FT roles. We will lose tens of thousands of PT positions, and create/fill 30,000 FT jobs, I don't see a problem.
The problem is they won’t be creating a significant number of new FT positions - I predict that for every new 1-2 FT positions, 6+ PT positions will be lost. The revenungrow numbers are mostly outside the US and/or in other businesses. There will be more drivers in 5 years but not a ton more.

Keep in mind the positions for monitoring automated sorts are primarily non-union. The inside union positions will simply be eliminated.

Next Day Err

Tomé is a tough cookie. People thought she was some kind of spineless woke hire… we’re learning she’s actually a cutthroat capitalist, through and through.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Today the video came out with Carol saying the goal is for all inside jobs to automated. Their goal is obviously to have no employees since that means more profit.

I go into work and everyone is saying the Pleasantdale hub is being shut down temporarily for automation. I'm unsure how true this is. It's a pretty big hub in Doraville (basically Atlanta), GA.

I work in a different building nearby and we had 6 part time supervisors and 20 of the lowest seniority part timers let go. We already have half our people temporarily laid off or coming in one day a week to keep benefits. Supposedly the part timers getting let go is so that driver's being laid off can come inside and work. I'm surprised the supervisors lasted this long, we have way too many.

I know stuff like this happens, but I've been with the company for a long time and haven't seen anything like it.
PLEGA is a sh1thole anyway and should be completely shut down and rebult and reconfigured.
Last time I was there the bathrooms were literally shut down with PILES of crap stacked ontop of more crap in all the toilets up stairs near feeder dispatch. Grossest building I've ever been in. And the sups there are ignorant as all heck. The only redeeming quality is the yard workers adn drivers themselves.