The scooters of death

ManInBrown

Yes, a professional driver always backs into a parking space. I can tell who is a driver and who is not when I walk through the employee parking lot at my Hub. I took that photo to show the sidewalk being blocked by e-scooters. My wife is visually impaired and I'm backed into a handicapped space for her. I'm was glad I have a backup camera on my Mercedes so I didn't back over one of those damn things in that photo. We were walking around a park in Atlanta over the weekend and had to look out for a bunch of fools zipping around all over the place on them. They go a lot faster than the 15 MPH they advertise.
Couldn’t disagree more. No offense but I’ve always thought people that back their personal cars into parking spots are tools.

rod

Retired 22 years
Couldn’t disagree more. No offense but I’ve always thought people that back their personal cars into parking spots are tools.
spoken like a real tool:rolleyes:. I don't do it every time I park but if I'm at an event and parking is tight or in a busy parking ramp I do it. It's so much easier to just get in and drive away. With back up cameras and good mirrors it don't take any longer to back in.

ManInBrown

spoken like a real tool:rolleyes:. I don't do it every time I park but if I'm at an event and parking is tight or in a busy parking ramp I do it. It's so much easier to just get in and drive away. With back up cameras and good mirrors it don't take any longer to back in.
And what exactly is the point? What does parking is tight have to do with anything? Backing into a spot makes your car smaller as youre doing it, so its easier when parking is tight. How is it easier to get in and drive away? Your car doesnt have reverse? You have to push the car out of the parking spot if you pull in forward? You said it yourself, cars have backup cameras? Youre not capable of backing out of a parking spot? Only tools back their personal cars into parking spots.

trickpony1

Only tools back their personal cars into parking spots.

Ya think?
These tools back in when they arrive and are acutely aware of their surroundings and potential blind spots.

Time passes, and surroundings change, while they are out their vehicle. When they return they have full visual range and next to none blind spots.

Let's try this...
Who is at fault if you back out into the lane of traffic and are hit because you had a blind spot created by parking headfirst?

Ya gonna have to back anyway.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
And what exactly is the point? What does parking is tight have to do with anything? Backing into a spot makes your car smaller as youre doing it, so its easier when parking is tight. How is it easier to get in and drive away? Your car doesnt have reverse? You have to push the car out of the parking spot if you pull in forward? You said it yourself, cars have backup cameras? Youre not capable of backing out of a parking spot? Only tools back their personal cars into parking spots.
My wife used to constantly make fun of me because I ALWAYS back into a parking spot. Well one day when I wasn’t with her, she nosed in to a spot like she always does then when she was backing out to leave, she didn’t see a car coming and he hit her. Guess who got the ticket?

clean hairy

The only good thing I ever got out of UPS (other than pay and benefits) was the 5 Seeing Habits--(UPS didn't invent them by the way). I still use those today - especially when driving a motorcycle. It's kind of funny when you pull up to Perkins on Retired UPS Drivers breakfast day once a month. You can tell the old UPS employees because EVERYONE of them has backed into a parking space
That helps if you want pull out in a hurry!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I didn't think police investigate accidents on private property?
You are correct. The guy she hit was a lawyer so he wanted a cop there for a full write up for insurance purposes. She was found at fault is what I meant.

clean hairy

Here's another hint:
Two kinds of people back their car in:
-UPS drivers and:
-law enforcement.

Hmmm....maybe they're on to something?
Firefighters are tools also? They always back in their vehicles when parking at the station.
Good thought.
Let's see maninbrown walk into a business and tell a police officer they are a real tool for backing into a parking spot.
Wonder how well that will work out for him?