The Snowball Effect

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The "raise" fiasco has really brought some people out of the woodwork and on to this site. The absolute best thing (IMO) that can happen out of this is that the fence-sitters come into the fight against Smith and start educating everyone that still doesn't "get it". At my station, nearly everyone is pissed because even if an individual did get 5%, working conditions still suck. We have a lot of sub-5 year employees due to all the turnover, and they are the most angry.

Spread the word about this site, and have them read Ricochet1a's posts on how to get and sign union cards. Encourage them to become BC members instead of lurkers, and partcipate in the forums. By keeping each other informed, we stay one step ahead of any stupid management tricks.

FedEx still has the advantage. We can turn the tables against them by working under their radar and sticking together. We need to start thinking about sitdowns, sickouts, and slowing down. Most employees are so conditioned by the FedEx Fear Factory, that they are afraid to do or say anything for fear of discipline or termination. That's exactly the culture that Fred wants, and it needs to be broken.

Fred S and FedEx do not give a rat's ass about you, and if you believe otherwise, you are still consuming the Kool-Aid. Get educated about the way this company works, and how badly they have you over a barrel. The time to start fighting back is now.

vantexan

As much as we've discussed this here, appears most of the workforce hasn't heard the details yet. A young coworker told me this morning that our quality assurance agent told him what she had heard about the raises, that older couriers are only getting 3%, that newer couriers were getting more to catch up. The shock is going to hit the newer employees hard. Exist for the company's benefit, or leave if you don't like it.

Ghostwriter

As much as we've discussed this here, appears most of the workforce hasn't heard the details yet. A young coworker told me this morning that our quality assurance agent told him what she had heard about the raises, that older couriers are only getting 3%, that newer couriers were getting more to catch up. The shock is going to hit the newer employees hard. Exist for the company's benefit, or leave if you don't like it.

SOOO- GLAD TO BE GONE. I also have heard (underground connect.) THEY (mgrs) will be pushing for 0 tolerance for lates (COMING SOON TO A STA NEAR YOU). My best advise would be: to stay connected, spread the word, rise above. Basically, what MrFedEx stated on this thread. GOOD LUCK. Your ole pal.

ghost.

vantexan

SOOO- GLAD TO BE GONE. I also have heard (underground connect.) THEY (mgrs) will be pushing for 0 tolerance for lates (COMING SOON TO A STA NEAR YOU). My best advise would be: to stay connected, spread the word, rise above. Basically, what MrFedEx stated on this thread. GOOD LUCK. Your ole pal.

ghost.

Hey Ghost,
You definitely got out in time. Yep, mgr mentioned in meeting that coming soon lates will no longer be tolerated. Will be interesting to see how they insure that! Have a great one, waiting for late freight at McDonald's this fine Saturday morning.

Ghostwriter

Hey Ghost,
You definitely got out in time. Yep, mgr mentioned in meeting that coming soon lates will no longer be tolerated. Will be interesting to see how they insure that! Have a great one, waiting for late freight at McDonald's this fine Saturday morning.

GOOD to hear from you. Yea, ha ha LOL no lates ever. Why stop there? Why not cure a disease, solve the economy issues, and achieve world peace. Sounds like someone that makes the rules needs a fresh cup of reality (not so much purple drink).

Take care buddy, be safe out there.

ghost.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey Ghost,

The other shoe drops. Now that the pay issue has been addressed to the satisfaction of MEM (not ours), they can start making new demands. We already know that customer complaints are going to be taken with deadly seriousness, and now they are going to expect zero lates. Once again, MEM demonstrates their utter lack of knowledge about the courier job. In the cubicle, or in the board room, all the computer says is that we should not have lates. Never mind that that is a total disconnect from reality.

This reminds me of a story I have mentioned before here about MT3 when he was a regional VP. A courier told me that MT3 had dictated that anyone who had lates would be written-up, regardless of the reason. So, if you head onto your route and encounter a traffic accident that has the only way out of your station gridlocked, that's your fault. If your truck gets blocked-in in an alley, that is also your fault. There were no excuses allowed. This is the way MT3 became a top dog...by "rules" like this . Sure, it's stupid, and has nothing to do with the real world, but since when has that stopped them?

More pressure. more accidents, and more opportunities to discipline and eliminate employees, especially older ones. This is what happens when you don't have a union. Totally unreasonable demands from management with no means to counter them.

P1 Lates

We have a major meeting this Wenesday. I suppose its about how the company is giving raises and what they expect in return. The managers should have a field day handing out OLCC's after informiing us about the unrealistic goals they have in mind.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We have a major meeting this Wenesday. I suppose its about how the company is giving raises and what they expect in return. The managers should have a field day handing out OLCC's after informiing us about the unrealistic goals they have in mind.

That sounds about right. I don't know if this is still policy, but managers used to be required to write a certain number of OLCC's every quarter. If not, they weren't doing their job. I know, because a manager friend failed to make his OLCC quota and got a letter as a result. That was his reality check, and he left soon thereafter.

whenIgetthere

That sounds about right. I don't know if this is still policy, but managers used to be required to write a certain number of OLCC's every quarter. If not, they weren't doing their job. I know, because a manager friend failed to make his OLCC quota and got a letter as a result. That was his reality check, and he left soon thereafter.

Two of my favorite things to say regarding managers and raises: The only good fedex manager is a former fedex manager! and 3% of sheet is still sheet!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Two of my favorite things to say regarding managers and raises: The only good fedex manager is a former fedex manager! and 3% of sheet is still sheet!

Sheet usually flows downhill, but Fred has managed to get it flow uphill for years, to the point where the highest concentration of sheet exists in Memphis. The biggest and most dense piece is Mr. Smith, but he has close competition from Dave and Matt. The sheet we get is of the lowest quality, but there is plenty of it, while the sheet in Memphis doesn't think it stinks, but smells extra bad due to the presence of caviar and fine cheese.

I fully agree that 3% isn't worth a sheet.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The other shoe drops. Now that the pay issue has been addressed to the satisfaction of MEM (not ours), they can start making new demands. We already know that customer complaints are going to be taken with deadly seriousness, and now they are going to expect zero lates. Once again, MEM demonstrates their utter lack of knowledge about the courier job. In the cubicle, or in the board room, all the computer says is that we should not have lates. Never mind that that is a total disconnect from reality.

This reminds me of a story I have mentioned before here about MT3 when he was a regional VP. A courier told me that MT3 had dictated that anyone who had lates would be written-up, regardless of the reason. So, if you head onto your route and encounter a traffic accident that has the only way out of your station gridlocked, that's your fault. If your truck gets blocked-in in an alley, that is also your fault. There were no excuses allowed. This is the way MT3 became a top dog...by "rules" like this . Sure, it's stupid, and has nothing to do with the real world, but since when has that stopped them?

More pressure. more accidents, and more opportunities to discipline and eliminate employees, especially older ones. This is what happens when you don't have a union. Totally unreasonable demands from management with no means to counter them.

Quite a strange set of stratagies from a supposed "people" company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

What's wrong with you? FedEx is a people company!! It says so right in P-S-P. Oh..wait, there's been a new policy change. The new policy is PSPAP, which stands for People Serving Pandas and Pilots.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wait. Ahhh, that's better. I just finished off a huge glass of orange Kool-Aid followed by another equally large glass of grape Kool-Aid. My eyes have been opened!! I see the light!! Besides having to piss like a race horse, I can "see" Fred's vision for us. Yes, it's coming into focus now...

$10.00 per hour to start with a 100-year topout or a flat $600 per week salary.

No medical benefits at all.

We get to buy our own fuel and maintain our own trucks.

We also get to pay for our own uniforms.

MMM...the purple and orange has turned into green lime-flavored Kool-Aid. It's getting harder for me to speak or read English, and my map and GPS make no sense. Ah yes, Fred is right. He is good. He is the light. Work harder...for less. Low Prices and Low Wages---Everyday!! I'm happy!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Wait. Ahhh, that's better. I just finished off a huge glass of orange Kool-Aid followed by another equally large glass of grape Kool-Aid. My eyes have been opened!! I see the light!! Besides having to piss like a race horse, I can "see" Fred's vision for us. Yes, it's coming into focus now...

$10.00 per hour to start with a 100-year topout or a flat $600 per week salary.

No medical benefits at all.

We get to buy our own fuel and maintain our own trucks.

We also get to pay for our own uniforms.

And don't forget that Fred will pay off someone in D.C. so that we get re mis-classified from pilots to farmers so that all overtime pay becomes elimated.

Ghostwriter

I just hate to see good workers chewed up and spit out. I will continue to "inform, aid, assist and defend good couriers (no matter where I am employed). Call me dedicated (I guess). I also have a few great friends still under the purple thumb. True, I am gone- yet my angst may live forever. (This also explains my signature name)

ghost.