The Trump Election and FedEx

Meat

No, maybe you can enlighten me. The fact is that whenever there's a racial flare up Obama puts in his two cents worth about how badly blacks are treated in America and then goes off to the rich liberal white enclave of Nantucket for vacation. Seems odd to me. Something tells me you are really smarting over Trump winning.

It's quite simple. People of means and influence generally congregate in areas where other people of means and influence congregate. Those that don't have the wherewithal to compete within a market society post messages about how big of a loser they are on the internet, and then congregate in third-world countries. You probably won't hear this more than once this year, but your right, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the election results.

vantexan

True, but insurance costs have skyrocketed during every recent administration. This would have happened regardless if Obama Care was put into effect or not - this trend will continue for the foreseeable future.

No, insurance costs haven't skyrocketed in previous administrations anywhere close to what they have done under Obamacare. Absolutely not.

"skyrocketed" is not really an apt term in this case. When Bush left office the poverty rate was 14.3 and now it is 14.5; an increase for sure, but it is hard to tell what affect the Great Recession had on poverty rates - keep in mind, to date, 90 percent of the population has still not fully recovered from the economic losses they incurred.

2008 poverty rate was 13.2, up from 12.7 due to economic meltdown. Furthermore 33% of the population in 2016 makes less than twice the poverty rate.

Unfortunately, as far as his campaign promises are concerned, yes, he was a failure. However, his status quo administration is essentially what Americans should expect from future administrations unless there are historical happenings such as 9/11. The global economy has been in place for many decades and there is not much that can be done by one administration regardless of the party. It would take a global effort to recreate a more equitable economy, and everybody knows that will not be happening.
The poverty rate in 2008 was 13.2, up from 12.7 in 2007 due to the economic meltdown. And no administration has seen insurance costs rise anywhere near Obama's. And he lied to get us to this point. You're nothing but a dishonest apologist for Obama's failed policies.

Right, no effort should be made, it's all rigged, we're in the Matrix. The world will get better if we roll up our sleeves and get to work. The day of gov't largesse in exchange for votes is ending.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Right, no effort should be made, it's all rigged, we're in the Matrix. The world will get better if we roll up our sleeves and get to work. The day of gov't largesse in exchange for votes is ending.

Is Horatio Alger alive and well in Mexico?

vantexan

It's quite simple. People of means and influence generally congregate in areas where other people of means and influence congregate. Those that don't have the wherewithal to compete within a market society post messages about how big of a loser they are on the internet, and then congregate in third-world countries. You probably won't hear this more than once this year, but your right, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the election results.
It is quite simple. People like you lie and obfuscate to cover for pie in the sky policies that don't work, and attack anyone that points out the obvious. And you reveal your racist, ethnocentric true self when you constantly put down developing nations. You think you're one of the elites who are above it all, and you just got a good dose of humble pie from honest, hard working folk who see through your B.S..

vantexan

I have more respect for poor people who risk their necks to get to a place where they have the privilege of breaking their backs to provide their kids a better future than all the libs who offer gov't handouts in exchange for votes so that they can keep their greedy fingers in the gov't till.

vantexan

You know what MFE, I like you in spite of our disagreements. But I tell you what, no one is entitled to a great life, you have to earn it, and it ain't easy. I think our system could be a lot fairer, and our corporate leaders are way too greedy. But they don't owe us a great living, just a decent one in exchange for our hard work and dedication. Above that we have to be willing to take on more responsibility or leave and risk our future creating our own business. I do suspect their interpretation of what's decent is different than mine, but rest assured that if we were unionized I wouldn't demand more than the company could afford and still turn a decent profit. That has gotten unions a black eye in the past, and a major reason many factories are now in other countries.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Yes, we are prejudiced against white racist homophobe psychos with inflated egos and dead orange rats on their heads.
Get used to it. He will be the president for the next 4 years. Just think, miserable people like you will have something else to complain about.

It will be fine

The only hope of Trump making real change is evaporating with his cabinet picks. He put Pence in charge and they are bringing in all the same old republicans. He was voted in to shake things up but if all his advisors are establishment that's not happening.

vantexan

Would the better alternative be to pack your bags and run to a Third World country?
I'm 54 with out of control diabetes and heart disease. I'm going to where I can comfortably get out and walk every day of the year, can eat affordable fresh produce, and can get by on my pension. The fastest ISP in Mexico, Axtel, now offers 200 megs internet in the city I'm moving to. The modern movie theater chain plays first run American movies. I can eat a good meal out for less than $4. The city I'll be living in has beautiful malls, is safe, 1 bedroom rentals for less than $200 a month. And fear of Trump has eroded the Peso even further. My $20k a year is easily the equivalent of $55k a year where I'm at now, which is one of America's more affordable cities. So yes, it's very much worth it to head South. Not running from, running to.

Oldfart

Liberals are all about people and their rights and thoughts until other peoples thoughts dont align with theirs. Then the other people's rights and thoughts dont matter.

Oldfart

The only hope of Trump making real change is evaporating with his cabinet picks. He put Pence in charge and they are bringing in all the same old republicans. He was voted in to shake things up but if all his advisors are establishment that's not happening.
Advisors and cabinet picks are 2 different things.

Never bet againt Trump. He was smart enough to get elected and beat the Clinton machine. He is smart enough to get things done.

MAKAVELI

He's draining the swamp only to fill it back up with raw untreated sewage.

It will be fine

Advisors and cabinet picks are 2 different things.

Never bet againt Trump. He was smart enough to get elected and beat the Clinton machine. He is smart enough to get things done.
My hope is he starts firing them when they bring the same old tried and failed policies of republicans.

FedexCares

I was hoping this wasn't going to be the case and trump was actually going to be different somehow being such an outsider. However I have to agree with you after seeing his cabinet picks and administration appointees so far I fear it's just going to be more of the same. It really does not matter at all who the president is these days the special interests and corporate lobby are just way too strong. The only reason trump won to begin with is he tapped into a heavy anti-establishment sentiment throughout the country, yet so far it's just more establishment cronies getting picked for his administration.

Oldfart

I was hoping this wasn't going to be the case and trump was actually going to be different somehow being such an outsider. However I have to agree with you after seeing his cabinet picks and administration appointees so far I fear it's just going to be more of the same. It really does not matter at all who the president is these days the special interests and corporate lobby are just way too strong. The only reason trump won to begin with is he tapped into a heavy anti-establishment sentiment throughout the country, yet so far it's just more establishment cronies getting picked for his administration.
Cabinet picks? Do you know something NOBODY else knows?