The Trump Election and FedEx

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I hear you're under consideration for Reich Minister of Propaganda. Hourly workers and unions have been under GOP attack since Ronald Reagan, but you cannot admit that. The attacks will only intensify.

I hope so, after dragging their feet for 35 years!!!

Nice to see that a loser like you elected a bigger loser.

We have options, you don't. Thank you, drive through!

bacha29

The only hope of Trump making real change is evaporating with his cabinet picks. He put Pence in charge and they are bringing in all the same old republicans. He was voted in to shake things up but if all his advisors are establishment that's not happening.
Spot on. The political agenda will still be controlled by the hard line Republican elite . Trump talked like he was for the working class but talking and doing are not the same thing. No question that when the working class component of his base realize that they've used in a game of political manipulation they'll blame the progressive's for not protecting them from themselves.

59 Dano

The only hope of Trump making real change is evaporating with his cabinet picks. He put Pence in charge and they are bringing in all the same old republicans. He was voted in to shake things up but if all his advisors are establishment that's not happening.

The NYT has a list of his potential picks. Bear in mind that they also predicted a Hillary landslide, and other wins that didn't happen. It's not a who's who of establishment insiders by any means. The only one I'd consider one of the "same old republicans" is Bob Corker, and that's because I don't know that much about him and would classify him as such just for the heck of it.

59 Dano

Spot on. The political agenda will still be controlled by the hard line Republican elite .

The whole reason for the elite's opposition to Trump was that they would no longer have any power if he was elected. The voters rejected the elite, and those that didn't get the memo after that spectacular failure during the primaries just had it rubbed in their faces on Tuesday.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The whole reason for the elite's opposition to Trump was that they would no longer have any power if he was elected. The voters rejected the elite, and those that didn't get the memo after that spectacular failure during the primaries just had it rubbed in their faces on Tuesday.

Trump won't be in power long. Pence will eventually be our President. He's plenty scary, but at least he's not Trump.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mr Delusional has spoken

Wait and see, OF. He'll either resign or be impeached. Last month's Forbes. Google "Forbes and Trump Real Worth". The article on his Russian ties is in the same issue. I know you don't read the magazine, but be assured that it is thoroughly Conservative, with many Trump supporters.

Facts don't matter. If Trump pardons Assange? Again, I fully realize you have no idea who I am talking about.

It will be fine

Trump won't be in power long. Pence will eventually be our President. He's plenty scary, but at least he's not Trump.
I think Pence is much scarier than Trump. Trump is an unknown in governance, he could do anything. We know what Pence would do and it is terrifying. He's a religious zealot with incredibly regressive views on all social issues.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think Pence is much scarier than Trump. Trump is an unknown in governance, he could do anything. We know what Pence would do and it is terrifying. He's a religious zealot with incredibly regressive views on all social issues.

Agreed on Pence, but he would be President if Trump fails, and the whole GOP would be fine with him and his views.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Really? Maybe it was because he is a deranged individual who shouldn't be President. The man has zero integrity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I hope so, after dragging their feet for 35 years!!!

We have options, you don't. Thank you, drive through!

You get to wear a really fancy uniform and have an armored Mercedes issued to you. I think you'll like it a lot. Read-up on the KGB and Goebbels before you start the position.

bacha29

The NYT has a list of his potential picks. Bear in mind that they also predicted a Hillary landslide, and other wins that didn't happen. It's not a who's who of establishment insiders by any means. The only one I'd consider one of the "same old republicans" is Bob Corker, and that's because I don't know that much about him and would classify him as such just for the heck of it.
Bob Corker is the Tennessee senator who fought bitterly against the General Motors bail out plan even though he had 5000 people working at the GM plant at Spring Hill . Yet after the GM bailout was approved and it was allowed to sell stock to pay back the government, they held a modest ceremony at Spring Hill to mark the occasion.So who shows up?........ Corker. People wanted to string him up. Leave him there in Tennessee and let those people deal with him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bob Corker is the Tennessee senator who fought bitterly against the General Motors bail out plan even though he had 5000 people working at the GM plant at Spring Hill . Yet after the GM bailout was approved and it was allowed to sell stock to pay back the government, they held a modest ceremony at Spring Hill to mark the occasion.So who shows up?........ Corker. People wanted to string him up. Leave him there in Tennessee and let those people deal with him.

Smith owns Corker.

59 Dano

Wait and see, OF. He'll either resign or be impeached.

Brought to us by the same people who predicted:

Hillary winning in a landslide
Democrats winning at least one chamber of Congress
Trump causing an unprecedented reduction in voter turnout
Trump causing massive down-ballot losses for the GOP
Trump announcing that it was all a ploy to give Hillary the WH
Multiple campaign meltdowns/collapses
A 3rd party run by a prominent conservative
Trump won't survive the primaries after [insert state name]
Trump will go to the convention with hardly any delegates
Trump has the delegates, but they won't vote for him at the convention
Trump is the official nominee but the party will run someone else
Women wouldn't vote for Trump
Hispanics wouldn't vote for Trump
Blacks wouldn't vote for Trump

But they've got their finger on the pulse this time!

59 Dano

You get to wear a really fancy uniform and have an armored Mercedes issued to you. I think you'll like it a lot. Read-up on the KGB and Goebbels before you start the position.

zOZC7cc.jpg

Last edited: