The UPS Policy Book: Have you read it??????

Integrity

Binge Poster
The UPS Policy book is available to all upsers on upsers.com.

In the past it was only available to management.

Have you reviewed it?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Has Management read it?
JonFrum,

If you would like to start a discussion thread that addresses this question I encourage you to do so.

I not sure of the attitude of your heart or your feelings about yourself so I don't know what you mean by this response.

I sense it as a negative response towards management but I could be wrong.

If you like please, elaborate as to the meaning of your response.

The point of this discussion thread to see how many know that the UPS Policy BooK is available to all UPSers.

And tosee if anyone has read it and maybe enter into some online discussion about it.

Sincerely,
I

JonFrum

JonFrum,

If you would like to start a discussion thread that addresses this question I encourage you to do so.

I not sure of the attitude of your heart or your feelings about yourself so I don't know what you mean by this response.

I sense it as a negative response towards management but I could be wrong.

If you like please, elaborate as to the meaning of your response.

The point of this discussion thread to see how many know that the UPS Policy BooK is available to all UPSers.

And tosee if anyone has read it and maybe enter into some online discussion about it.

Sincerely,
I
I'm always reminded of the wonders of the field of Artificial Intelligence; especially the scene from "2001:A space Odyssey" . . .

[HAL's shutdown]

HAL:
I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good af_ter_noon, gen_tle_men. I am a HAL 9000 com_pu_ter. I be_came op_er_a_tion_al at the H.A.L. plant in Ur_ba_na, Ill_i_nois on the 12th of Jan_u_ar_y 1992. My in_struct_or was Mr. Lang_ley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Dai_sy."

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm always reminded of the wonders of the field of Artificial Intelligence; especially the scene from "2001:A space Odyssey" . . .

[HAL's shutdown]

HAL:
I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good af_ter_noon, gen_tle_men. I am a HAL 9000 com_pu_ter. I be_came op_er_a_tion_al at the H.A.L. plant in Ur_ba_na, Ill_i_nois on the 12th of Jan_u_ar_y 1992. My in_struct_or was Mr. Lang_ley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Dai_sy."
JonFrum,

I do not understand your reponse.

I am sorry.

Sincerely,
I

Bad Gas!

If mgt wanted us to read this book, they should have made it available 30 years ago. Most drivers know you have to carry yourself professionally and do the right thing..We've all seen many mgt and hourly fired for unprofessional behavior..

Integrity

Binge Poster
Haven't read it, and have no intention of doing so.
superballs63,

This is the kind of response that I truly appreciate.

It answers the question asked and stays on topic of the discussion thread.

Well done!

Why don't you want to know the written policies of the company you work for?

I am assuming you work for UPS.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
If mgt wanted us to read this book, they should have made it available 30 years ago. Most drivers know you have to carry yourself professionally and do the right thing..We've all seen many mgt and hourly fired for unprofessional behavior..
Bad Gas!,

The Corporate Executives want us to read it, that is why they have distributed it they way they have.

This is a positive change.

Most drivers that I have come across are unhappy, complaining and look at their job like a prison sentence.

This is not carrying themselves in a professional way or is it the right thing.

The professional thing would be to learn the company policies, follow the company policies and hold their management team accountable by blowing the whistle on anyone who violates any company policy.

Sincerely,
I

ronroper

Where on Upsers will I find the rule book?
This could be interesting because everytime I talk with management they come up with a new rule.
Thanks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Where on Upsers will I find the rule book?
This could be interesting because every time I talk with management they come up with a new rule.
Thanks

Policies are different than procedures and rules.
However, procedures and rules should be consistent with or at least not contradict policies.

W

want to retire

Why do I always think about the Saturday Night Live animated Gay super-heroes characters when Integrity posts?.......Anyway........Yes, I actually read the paper copy(Policy Book) several years ago. I inquired about working for Fed-Ex part time while employed at UPS.......We(MGT and I) couldn't find anything that said it couldn't be done. I do believe the Union forbids moonlighting........BTW-to mgt. credit......the mgr. I spoke with(who I picked at random and had never spoken to.........did not hesitate to sit down with me and pulled the policy book right off the shelf and went over it with me.....very professional. I will say the idea of moonlighting at Fed-Ex sure got his attention.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I will, however only if they will pay me to
upsguy72,

I would ask your supervisor if they will pay you or if you can read it while you work.

Don't you want to know the policies of the company you work for?

It would only take you a small amount of time if you can't get paid.

You seem unhappy, cynical or something? Has life been hard on you?

Do you like yourself?

I will pray for you.

Do you believe in the Lord?

Sincerely,
I

W

want to retire

upsguy72,

I would ask your supervisor if they will pay you or if you can read it while you work.

Do you like yourself?

I will pray for you.

Sincerely,
I

So, we have God looking over our shoulder? It does seem that way......

over9five

Staff member
upsguy72,

Do you like yourself?

I will pray for you.

Sincerely,
I
OMG!

(Sorry, off topic.......Well, not really)

OK, I will answer the OP.
Yes, I think I read the policy book a couple decades ago. Maybe I should read it again, because I don't remember any of it!