The war on drugs

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There should be. Keeping Americans stoned only helps the political elites siphon our tax dollars out of this country, just to spend it on themselves, and skrewing up other countries.
Not all Cannabis users smoke it to get high. Many, like myself use it strictly for medicinal purposes. One or two hits a couple of times a day for pain control.

SLW

No, the Mexican Cartels have switched from weed to meth as their main product. America will be SO much better off!

And it appears that human trafficking ranks a close second for their income replacement.
fwiw meth is also legal, and in fact Congress says it's safer and more medically useful

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
But you do still get high ... at least I did.
It definitely helps with pain but in some, it exacerbates depression.

I have never been able to find CBD that works anywhere near as well as cannabis.
I've been experimenting with some different strains that have a lower %THC with a higher %CBD ratio while still pretty effective for pain control. Also have found some great topical creams. Haven't had a need to take ibuprofen and/or Tramadol in months.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Not all Cannabis users smoke it to get high. Many, like myself use it strictly for medicinal purposes. One or two hits a couple of times a day for pain control.
Idk. From my own experience, i think the decriminalization of "recreational cannabis" is basically making alot of our youth and young adults docile, complacent, and unable to function in society. I smoked alot of weed, from a young age, for a large portion of my life. If i could go back in time, i would have never touched the stuff, and im confident id be better off for it.

For the record, i do acknowledge the medical benefits of cannabis, as far as pain, ptsd, seizure disorders, etc..
Its the "recreational" use that im no longer a fan of, and will be conveying that to my kids, when the time comes

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Idk. From my own experience, i think the decriminalization of "recreational cannabis" is basically making alot of our youth and young adults docile, complacent, and unable to function in society. I smoked alot of weed, from a young age, for a large portion of my life. If i could go back in time, i would have never touched the stuff, and im confident id be better off for it.

For the record, i do acknowledge the medical benefits of cannabis, as far as pain, ptsd, seizure disorders, etc..
Its the "recreational" use that im no longer a fan of, and will be conveying that to my kids, when the time comes
Chicken dinner.

It will be fine

Decriminalization has no impact on usage.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I've been experimenting with some different strains that have a lower %THC with a higher %CBD ratio while still pretty effective for pain control. Also have found some great topical creams. Haven't had a need to take ibuprofen and/or Tramadol in months.
Being you are in Colorado, you have that opportunity!

I tried on the stuff that was 'medical grade' but no real difference and no belief that it was what it said to be or medical grade.

MAKAVELI

No, the Mexican Cartels have switched from weed to meth as their main product. America will be SO much better off!

And it appears that human trafficking ranks a close second for their income replacement.
Well if Muricans stop using meth the cartels wouldn't have any business. Ttku...

Mutineer

All the lifetime, everyday pot smokers I know aren't very functional at efficiently managing their lives, tending to their own needs, or holding onto a job. They also spout alot of vapid, far-left gibberish. I don't argue with them. I just nod and smile. They're my friends and I recognize that they are in an altered mental state.

All the lifetime heavy drinkers I've known lived chaotic, sad lives and/or are dead.

I'd rather deal with stoners than drunks anyday. In fact I advocate all forms of drunk and drugged behavior. Those people serve as examples that make me look much better in comparison.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Decriminalization has no impact on usage.

A new study suggests that marijuana legalization leads to more cannabis use and perhaps addiction, particularly among adults 26 and older — highlighting a public health downside to a policy change that now 11 states and Washington, DC, have adopted and several others are considering.

vantexan

A new study suggests that marijuana legalization leads to more cannabis use and perhaps addiction, particularly among adults 26 and older — highlighting a public health downside to a policy change that now 11 states and Washington, DC, have adopted and several others are considering.
Quite a bit out there about how today's more powerful marijuana affects the development of young brains, which don't fully develop for most people until they're at least 25-27. So it's not a surprise to see addiction to it for those 26 and older.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
No physical addiction has ever been noted or observed in any medical study ... however, mental addiction has been noted,
as well as exacerbating depression in people prone to addiction and or depression.

vantexan

No physical addiction has ever been noted or observed in any medical study ... however, mental addiction has been noted,
as well as exacerbating depression in people prone to addiction and or depression.
But there has been physical corruption of young brains on it observed. Exactly how many people have to be permanently scarred by today's much more powerful marijuana before we admit there's a problem?