The writing is on the wall

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Our center has exploded in the last year and half. We have outgrown our building years ago. We have added 6 routes more than we were running this time last year.
There have always been rumors that it would happen eventually. We are the largest driver sort in the division. A Preload is in our future.
25 grand out the door.

upschuck

Our center has exploded in the last year and half. We have outgrown our building years ago. We have added 6 routes more than we were running this time last year.
I get this, and it is good.

There have always been rumors that it would happen eventually. We are the largest driver sort in the division. A Preload is in our future.
25 grand out the door.
Huh? and What?

snl blue

Our center used to be like this, you will probably hate it because that 1 1/2 hours you were loading your on truck will now be spent delivering. So those 6 extra routes will not be 6 any more you probably will loose some of them

upschuck

Seniority drivers load the trucks in the a.m. We have the early starters and the late starters. The early starters get off the clock 2 1/2 hrs ahead of the late starters.

That would be sweet, as long as you were the higher seniority guys. They could really screw the lower guys pretty bad though if you got on their wrong side.

There will probably be a couple less routes in the building.

PT Car Washer

That would be sweet, as long as you were the higher seniority guys. They could really screw the lower guys pretty bad though if you got on their wrong side.

There will probably be a couple less routes in the building.
So now the laid off drivers will be the new preloaders.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Preload is harder than delivering, although starting early is nice. Get ready to start working late my friend.

How many hours are you putting in now?

ManInBrown

Do you wear Browns when you load? Or change before you hit the street? I would never want to load my own PC. I love coming in. Getting in the car and leaving. No thanks to getting all sweaty first thing in the AM

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Its just like drivers who start on route. They have to unload a trailer and load their truck.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Seniority drivers load the trucks in the a.m. We have the early starters and the late starters. The early starters get off the clock 2 1/2 hrs ahead of the late starters.
That's how it should be all across the country. Most definitely think the senior guys should get off earlier, they've earned that right. Been saying it for years having loaders is a waste of time, money, and benefits. Not saying theres not any good loaders, but most of them suck and make the company pay a lot more overtime because of how they freak everything up. Its not all their fault cause we know their not trained right. If all the loaders actually had a brain and a great work ethic(BB58) then it wouldn't be as bad.