Theft by management

Channahon

I think that you all should questions your worth to this company, mine is measured in stops per hour or how long it takes me to pull 10 trailers in a day. Theft by management indeed![/quote]

To answer your question

My worth is based on being promoted from a package car driver, to an on car supervisor, business manager and division manager. I contributed to this organization my whole career. I've managed union and non union employees, supervisor and managers.
And the easiet employees to manage are union employees.

I played by the rules of UPS and the Union. Respected my employees, who in turn provided satisfaction for my efforts and made their jobs fulfilling.

We all make choices in life, some take a leadership role and go into management. Others do not want the responsibility or are content being hourly employees.

The pros and cons - management is accountable for their operations 25X7 - hourly are accountable while they are at UPS.
The bottom line is a fair days pay for a fair day work - hourly or management

And by the way, I could not have had a better job as a working woman.

DS

Fenderbender
I think that you all should questions your worth to this company, mine is measured in stops per hour or how long it takes me to pull 10 trailers in a day. Theft by management indeed![/quote]

To answer your question

My worth is based on being promoted from a package car driver, to an on car supervisor, business manager and division manager. I contributed to this organization my whole career. I've managed union and non union employees, supervisor and managers.
And the easiet employees to manage are union employees.

I was surprised to read that you obtained the rank of division manager Channahon,yet still take time to contribute here in
the brown cafe`.I personally have no intention of becoming anything other than what I am now,but I agree that a fair days work for a fair days pay is the bottom line.As far as honesty goes,it has nothing to do with whether you are mngmt of hourly.People are people,and everyone is different,
and a manager changing time cards is the same as a driver stealing time.Its good to know that your dedication to ups has found its way onto this site. I for one will be reading your posts with more interest,and maybe even some added respect.

I played by the rules of UPS and the Union. Respected my employees, who in turn provided satisfaction for my efforts and made their jobs fulfilling.

We all make choices in life, some take a leadership role and go into management. Others do not want the responsibility or are content being hourly employees.

The pros and cons - management is accountable for their operations 25X7 - hourly are accountable while they are at UPS.
The bottom line is a fair days pay for a fair day work - hourly or management

And by the way, I could not have had a better job as a working woman.

Last edited:

Griff

Drivers aren't overpaid, and quite frankly, I could careless if any member of UPS management thinks we are. We will be the last to go if the worst happens, a carriage can't move without a horse. I don't understand why you people pay any attention to tieguy's high-fallutin' BS.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, not trying to be a horse's ass, but do you think we drivers are overpaid? If so, what do you think would be a "fair" wage for us to make? Also, what extra would we have to do to get your approval or maybe a better word would be appreciation.
Like I said, I'm not trying to start a fight, just interested in your opinion on said questions.

Grunt don't read anymore into my response then what I posted there. I never said our drivers were overpaid. Everything else is in reference to a class action lawsuit system that is plain wrong.

tieguy

Banned
Drivers aren't overpaid, and quite frankly, I could careless if any member of UPS management thinks we are. We will be the last to go if the worst happens, a carriage can't move without a horse. I don't understand why you people pay any attention to tieguy's high-fallutin' BS.

the reason you are now posting misinformation about what I said is because you didn't pay attention to my high-fallutin BS.