There is more than the Union that can Help!!

fxdwg

Long Time Member
What was wrong with that part? The entire grievance process regarding supervisors working is monetary. Monetary as far as the grievant getting paid, and h&w contributions into the union fund.

I could care less about getting back at the company or however low level sups want to label it. It's simply taking the money that they are stealing and putting it where it rightfully belongs.

But that door swings both ways.
Employee's not doing what they are being paid to do results in a form of discipline that then lights off the union members to start playing games. You've seen it, I've seen it, we all have seen it. This may not be you, personally, but you have to admiit that it happens.

PMSair

These are some tips that turned the heat back on UPS in our center which has made a big difference in the reduction of unwarranted production harassment. First of all, you might be working in a at-will state such as Florida. If so be thankful you do have the union for some relief, otherwise you have very little protection from being terminated.

If you are currently employed and unfairly harassed over production there some things you can do about it. First, document and grieve every form of discipline with the union if it was unwarranted or not. You can file complaints with OSHA, DOL, DOT, NRLB, EEOC and others. If you are told by mgrs. on ojs rides to speed or block handicapped parking, you can pull over and call your DOT or OSHA.

Always file a grievance and complaint on this. It is illegal to be coerced, harassed or intimidated to work unsafe by your management. If you are unjustly fired over production, your rights drastically swing in your favor with regards to state and national laws. Hire only a employment and labor attorney. They are very busy these days, so if one takes your case be happy. Our center was pushed to the edge and everyone knew it was time to get the Unity back.

We collectively fought together and those who were unjustly fired became hero's. Those who deserved to be fired, well thats their problem. Use the 340 methods, not only the ones that save you time, but every single one. Stay off your phones on Company time. Only use DIAD for work communictions. At least your efforts will be on record.

Do not speed(remember ups will not pay for your ticket or the increase to your insurance, but they will keep your driving record on file). Check your employee often and makes copies of it. You do have to do it on your time and pay for copying expenses. Most sups will act like they never heard of this. Never give up and do not let your co-drivers work off the clock.

It's comical how you guys are always trying to figure out a way to go after the company... It's seems like a sad life...... One day you get old and die...... Your only accomplishment in a lifetime is winning a few grievances..........

Hmmm, let us see here. On one side we have a person that has fought a good fight to keep what is theirs by contract and to protect themselves at the risk of loosing everything. In other words, they fight for what is right, not just for themselves but for others as well. They win a few of the battles here and there. They die with that as their epitaph.

On the other hand we have a person that spent their days and nights trying to figure out a way to take away promises, pledges of what is right from other people that have done nothing wrong but made a few mistakes here and there however always did their best to do the right thing. This second person, not only connives to take these covenants but lies, cheats and steals when it fits their purpose to accomplish their goal of deceit. This second person's epitaph reads a little less glorious than the first, IMO.

Upsdriver88

Nope.. I'm sticking to it.. You're probably on welfare or close to it, I don't blame you for trying to steal money... I am sure you have stolen alot of things in your life.... It's what you have to do to survive... I feel bad for you.....

It never fails to amaze me how all management types equate contract enforcement with stealing/troublemaking/dishonest behavior. Your lawyers negotiated these contracts "in good faith" and then you try to prosecute anyone who holds you accountable when your managers violate said contracts. IMO, you and managers of your ilk are the real thieves here!

satellitedriver

Haven't seen you in a while looney tune...
You have never "seen" me and you would never want to meet me eye to eye.
That said,
my ISP went down for the last month and I kinda enjoyed the detox of being off line for that long.
I was taught many decades ago that it takes 21 days to combat and conquer an addiction.
Finally, I got to put that theory to the test.
Yes, it worked-(while I was not connected).
Damn the luck,
I am back.

mech1

It's comical how you guys are always trying to figure out a way to go after the company... It's seems like a sad life...... One day you get old and die...... Your only accomplishment in a lifetime is winning a few grievances..........
Hey socks two more sups got walked off last night another great victory for my log

P

pickup

my ISP went down for the last month and I kinda enjoyed the detox of being off line for that long.
I was taught many decades ago that it takes 21 days to combat and conquer an addiction.
Damn the luck,
I am back.

Yes, another one who found that not being "connected" only allowed more time to do things of more value and to become more connected to those around him. I have escaped the gravity of the browncafe a few times only to look back at the place only to find myself sucked back in.

I sympathize with you ,Satellite.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have never "seen" me and you would never want to meet me eye to eye.
That said,
Damn the luck,
I am back.

Yes, another one who found that not being "connected" only allowed more time to do things of more value and to become more connected to those around him. I have escaped the gravity of the browncafe a few times only to look back at the place only to find myself sucked back in.

I sympathize with you ,Satellite.

I sympathize with both of you. I do hope I never reach the point where Brown Cafe becomes an addiction.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
DO you think I care... People getting terminated is a good thing. It keeps things fresh and keeps everyone on their toes.. How is it a victory in your log? What does sups getting walked off benefit you?? The only thing you do is work as directed. It shouldn't matter to you if UPS sells the company to FedEx because at the beginning of the day you are still taking orders, that's all you will ever do.... Why can't you just face it... You don't matter to the company and nothing the company does is really any of your concern.. If you didn't come to work ever again, no one would even notice..

Nice troll post, you're really refining the art.

If any of this was fact, lowest mgmt like yourself wouldn't rely on desperate retaliation measures when they are getting kicked around by hourlies. So face it; we matter much more than you.

jimstud

Banned
Nice troll post, you're really refining the art.

If any of this was fact, lowest mgmt like yourself wouldn't rely on desperate retaliation measures when they are getting kicked around by hourlies. So face it; we matter much more than you.
just like all other management personal he is just pissy about the fact we still get raises and great health benefits.

Just_another_day_at_work

What was wrong with that part? The entire grievance process regarding supervisors working is monetary. Monetary as far as the grievant getting paid, and h&w contributions into the union fund.

I could care less about getting back at the company or however low level sups want to label it. It's simply taking the money that they are stealing and putting it where it rightfully belongs.
That's what I was surprised when my center manager what do I want with the grievance of sups delivering, he asked if it's personal. I was like What?! They don't want to hire drivers, sups delivering = of course I want double time paid. They steal others overtime, or someone's job with benefits.

THE STIG

if the workforce doesnt perform or get numbers its the managments fault. they get new supervisors more than new workers. face it socks buddy. you need us, you love us. we determine if part time supervisors pay there bills or not.

danlin

It never fails to amaze me how all management types equate contract enforcement with stealing/troublemaking/dishonest behavior. Your lawyers negotiated these contracts "in good faith" and then you try to prosecute anyone who holds you accountable when your managers violate said contracts. IMO, you and managers of your ilk are the real thieves here!

Nice!! Very well put.

satellitedriver

Your Internet Service Provider was down for a whole month?? Common do you expect anyone to believe that??
Yes,
but, only if you only want to believe the truth.
I live in a very rural area and have been working with a friend establishing a wireless net work for the surrounding area.
Three lighting strikes took out several towers and I had just installed a dual radio transfer on my tower as a way to enhance coverage.
Well, stuff happens.
So, now it seems that everything is back in order.
Believe it or not.

satellitedriver

I sympathize with both of you. I do hope I never reach the point where Brown Cafe becomes an addiction.
Let's just revue some basic facts.
I joined B.C. in 2005 and have posted 3,284 posts.
Pickup joined B.C. in 2008 and has 3,082 posts.
You joined B.C. in 2007 and have posted............................
10,726 times.:surprised:
I have no idea where your mental break over point between addiction and obsession lies
:peaceful:
Maybe, some self evaluation is in order.